FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/25 DLC: Green Day Pack 03!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine what they mean by that is since only one song had recorded / separated keys (most likely Last Night on Earth), it wasn't worth re-licensing the song AGAIN just to get it keys support and therefore cause an userbase split.

And I imagine it being cross-compatible DLC is in reaction to the blowback of the CTP2 non-upgraded tracks being stuck as RB3 versions and therefore incompatible.

edit: because if you think about it, we've seen a bit of a change since then in (RB3 Version) being omitted. Even though Spoonman and Give It Away were upgraded, they don't have (RB3 Version) attached to them, and we now have Green Day content that could have easily been (RB3 Version) but is not. I wonder if the export DLC is compatible with RB1 and 2.

Quote:
(and I suspect Viacom may been the main ones pushing for another disc-based band-specific title after Beatles RB)

From all indications, it was the label that wanted a disc release before they'd part with the masters. I imagine they've finally relented.

Last edited by FyreWulff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they'll be releasing pretty much the whole GD:RB setlist as DLC at some point?
Man...looks like DLC is going to be pretty crap for a while. I mean bar The Offspring & Whitesnake a few weeks back it has been pretty stale anyway. Oh well I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On April 11, singer Billie Joe Armstrong announced that Green Day would be releasing a trilogy of albums called ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!. Armstrong stated that they would be released on September 25, 2012, November 13, 2012, and January 15, 2013 respectively.

I imagine those are the weeks that will have the GD:RB DLC drops. This drop lines up with the first, so it'd make sense..
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
I imagine what they mean by that is since only one song had recorded / separated keys (most likely Last Night on Earth), it wasn't worth re-licensing the song AGAIN just to get it keys support and therefore cause an userbase split.
¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl) has keys as well. Anyway, maybe this opens a glimmer of hope they might offer the Beatles as DLC too at some point...Perhaps with PRO-upgrades?

Last edited by xGaberadex on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: The Gaberade PSN Name: The_Gaberade
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:

I think the obvious choice was Viva la Gloria (Little Girl), but I suppose there's probably more than one that could have keys. I mean, if Good Riddance was an RB3 version then the violin would be on keys because of pro.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about (Little Girl). So that's two possible so far, but only one of them had separated keys even available.

ShiftBreaker wrote:
FyreWulff wrote:

I think the obvious choice was Viva la Gloria (Little Girl), but I suppose there's probably more than one that could have keys. I mean, if Good Riddance was an RB3 version then the violin would be on keys because of pro.

It probably would have been knowing their charting, but then it would have just been No Part Bass, so no real point in making it a RB3 Version.

Last edited by FyreWulff on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this Green Day, still no Simpsons Theme. I am disappoint. However it does now open the door to GDRB Pro upgrades which would be awesome.

Hopefully this re-release of already-charted DLC will give Harmonix more time to spend on newer stuff (like legacy Pro charts).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've liked to see a legacy GD pro upgrade, but most disappointed to see the whole week go without a single pro upgrade. Is this the first week we've had without one (maybe barring the "last minute problem" Incubus week)?

I understand why they're re-releasing the GD:RB tracks, but I would've liked a little more new content. I can't complain too much, though. With the back catalogue sale, and RBN releases picking up, I've been spending far too much on DLC anyway.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
However it does now open the door to GDRB Pro upgrades which would be awesome.

I don't know if this is going to matter to you, but it has been proven that it is possible (as in, we've done it) to upgrade export packs. Check Software. I've personally done a few RB2 tracks. So its always been possible. I'm still not sure why Harmonix hasn't done it.
FyreWulff  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've shot down pro upgrades. Also, the rest of GD:RB is coming as one big DLC dump.

hmxhenry wrote:
Re questions, concerns, nervous conclusion jumpers worried about how we're going to roll out the rest of GDRB: the current plan is to release all of the remaining tracks in one week in the near future.

bonethug0108 wrote:

My only questions are why no pro guitar, and if they had some upgrades would they work with the exports too? Other than that I'm cool with people getting a chance to pick up Green Day even if I have them already.

Charting pro guitar is a lot of work, especially considering the small number of people supporting it in the community. If there was a larger audience for pro guitar it'd be a different story, but 2 years out from RB3's launch, there aren't a ton of people banging down the door for upgrades.

Additionally, if there had been Pro guitar upgrades, they wouldn't have worked with the exported tracks, which wouldn't have served the hardcore community the upgrades would likely be intended for.

although hmxhenry has said he's going to double check to see if Oh Love has an upgrade, since the copy was written and approved while they were at PAX.
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the first time HMX has re-hashed music from an expansion pack? I'm sort of left wondering what the point of re-releasing songs that are already available (mind you, through GD:RB), but still...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FyreWulff wrote:
They've shot down pro upgrades. Also, the rest of GD:RB is coming as one big DLC dump.

hmxhenry wrote:
Re questions, concerns, nervous conclusion jumpers worried about how we're going to roll out the rest of GDRB: the current plan is to release all of the remaining tracks in one week in the near future.

bonethug0108 wrote:

My only questions are why no pro guitar, and if they had some upgrades would they work with the exports too? Other than that I'm cool with people getting a chance to pick up Green Day even if I have them already.

Charting pro guitar is a lot of work, especially considering the small number of people supporting it in the community. If there was a larger audience for pro guitar it'd be a different story, but 2 years out from RB3's launch, there aren't a ton of people banging down the door for upgrades.

Additionally, if there had been Pro guitar upgrades, they wouldn't have worked with the exported tracks, which wouldn't have served the hardcore community the upgrades would likely be intended for.

<Rant> That kinda doesn't make sense that any pro guitar upgrades wouldn't work with the exported tracks considering they're the same song and charts but whatever. But really HMX? You have ONE new song and you don't give it a pro upgrade? Oh Love is probably one of the simplest Green Day songs I've ever heard on guitar and that's "too much work"? I'm sorry but I want to call bullshit. If Ziggy can crank out 5 pro upgrades in a day I'm inclined to think that HMX should be able to do ONE a week.

This is seriously upsetting me as one of the few people that owns a Squier. I spend over $300 on an instrument for Rock Band (cause let's face it, any decent guitarist would NEVER play it outside of the game due to how poorly it sounds) and we barely get any pro upgrades as it is so if there's a week where we get absolutely nothing, it's very aggravating to say the least. And I don't buy every song there is on the RB Store just the ones I like. So again if there's a week where I don't like any of the songs, or at least the one that got the upgrade, I'm SOL. Oh and only one song has keys? Bullshit. Restless Heart Syndrome, Last Night On Earth, and Viva La Gloria (Both of them) definitely have keys. </Rant>

Last edited by PlatStrat on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: iseethruyou
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:|
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by Hobo111 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as to the content, I think it's neat that they're putting these out for people, and I'm really happy to see "Oh Love". Wish it'd been something more like "a packet of new songs, plus four re-releases" mind you instead of just one "new" track, but hey, good for my pocketbook at least.

ShiftBreaker wrote:
So they're compatible. Okay. So...why charge people for RB3 versions of the unchanged songs when they could have just re-released the old versions?

I'm not sure I follow.

Unless we're talking about CP2, but (unless my mind is playing tricks on me) the Country Pack 2 re-releases had keys supported added in for most of the songs. It was kind of dumb for them to put out a disc-only RB2 export content release at that point in time, mind you...

PlatStrat wrote:
If Ziggy can crank out 5 pro upgrades in a day I'm inclined to think that HMX should be able to do ONE a week.

Not to belittle what Ziggy's doing, but he is only doing guitar afaik, and I'd wager to say he's not spending anything comparable on licencing, QA/testing, and time spent pushing stuff through third-party approval systems. Still, he's put out 94 upgrades in a little under a year, which is certainly a solid release schedule, considering he's also been building that editor.

I mean, when I first got into charting customs, I could bang out a full song -- all instruments (inc. pro keys/harmonies), all difficulties, custom venue, dryvox/lipsync, the works -- in an afternoon (or maybe a day and a half). You could kind of make the same argument about Harmonix's "slow" release schedule of three songs a week (especially assuming they're more seasoned and/or have multiple people working on it + testing), but I'm sure there's far more to the release process from charting onwards than "we" go through down in Software. ;)

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: