FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Top Hardest G* List
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Top Hardest G* List Reply with quote

So since there's been quite a few of these threads, I'd figure we could post our troubles here, instead of making multiple threads. This list will also serve as a list of the hardest G*'s.

Green = DLC
Red = RBN
Blue = RBN2
Olive = Green Day: Rock Band

1. Nihilanth - */*/* (KetchupYoshi) (Video)
2. Child in Time - Jackpot/Flame/Super Keys or Guitar (MarsPhoenix) (Strategy courtesy of MarsPhoenix)
3. Hundred Wrathful Deities - Jackpot/Flame Notes/Super Guitar (DragoonXD) (Video)
4. The Cascade Effect - Jackpot/Blast/Super Keys (xjay117x) (Video)
5. Madness - Jackpot/Blast/Super Keys (zage1337) (Strategy courtesy of Hobo111) (Video) Cutoff: ~838k
6. Five Magics - Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar (Done) (Tips courtesy of Kubuh) (Video) Cutoff: 880k~
7. Tuesday's Gone - Jackpot/Flame/Super Guitar (Done)
8. The Thief in the Night Part I - Jackpot/Blast/Super Keys (zage1337) (Video)
9. By Your Command - Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar (gladiators16?) (Need proof) Cutoff: 1,100,000
10. Riptide Resort - Jackpot/Flame/Super Guitar (zage1337?)
11. The Complexity of Light - Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar (Done) (Video) Cutoff: 775k

For debate: Homecoming - Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar (uSound) (Strategy courtesy of uSound) (Video) (Pending more changes from Harmonix)
The Hourglass Paroxysm Pt. 1
In the Wake of Evolution - Jackpot/Blast/Super Keys (zage1337)

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.

Last edited by TheLonging on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:51 am; edited 21 times in total
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even missed a level up. Def suboptimal because lol no jackpot

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How'd you do that? I tried the same setup about three times and got around the same score every time.

EDIT: I tried jackpot once but I'm horrendous with it, and missed leveling up a few times.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 990k(PS3) on Tweezer using Jackpot, Blast Notes, and Super Guitar and didn't find it too difficult. I would have to play the song again to remember an exact strategy to GS it...

anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Guitar seemed to work better, while using full Jackpot in the sustains near the end. Try not to miss any ODs at all if possible. I don't really know why it's so hard to GS this one, it only has like one or two impossible 3x checkpoints.
uSound  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Super Guitar seemed to work better, while using full Jackpot in the sustains near the end. Try not to miss any ODs at all if possible. I don't really know why it's so hard to GS this one, it only has like one or two impossible 3x checkpoints.

This, exactly. I posted a little about this over in my accomplishment thread, but I'll transpose it.

Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar was my combo. The major points came from the "home, we're coming home again" part at the end with all of the sustains. I don't recall even leveling up everything all the way in that section because I put a full OD gauge on those chords. Took 4 plays and a few more halfway restarts when I felt I didn't do well enough.

As far as the snare rolls on Nobody Likes You, I play on freakish so I alternate between the trigger and bumper and it's much easier for me that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I think I'm just bad at Tweezer. I'm trying Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar, but I can't get any better than my current high. Is there some strategy to jackpot activations? Cause I'm just doing horrible.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this song isn't impossible but The Complexity of Light blitz chart can seriously go die in a fire.

You can't get more than +1 on the 1st gate, and the 2nd gate is impossible to max the vocals out unless you are using Road Rage. But if you use Road Rage you can forget about GSing that awful chart.

I tried everything. Bandmate + Flame Notes, Blast Notes/Jackpot and Flame Notes/Jackpot with Super Guitar. I swear there must be a perfect path that you have to use to GS this song.

btw I GS'd other hard songs like Child in Time..etc, but I think TCoL is up there in difficulty IMO.

uSound  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I mentioned with Homecoming, sometimes leveling up all of the lanes just doesn't happen. Even with these first two gates being super lame, you can still concentrate on using Jackpot on the guitar sustains. During the verses, kill off the drums and vocals first, drums being due the fast notes, vocals because you don't wanna get caught later. Get all OD you can. Find spots with long sustains on guitar, Jackpot away. Pretty vague description, I know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:

As far as the snare rolls on Nobody Likes You, I play on freakish so I alternate between the trigger and bumper and it's much easier for me that way.

You sir, are a genius, how did I not think of this.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
Like I mentioned with Homecoming, sometimes leveling up all of the lanes just doesn't happen. Even with these first two gates being super lame, you can still concentrate on using Jackpot on the guitar sustains. During the verses, kill off the drums and vocals first, drums being due the fast notes, vocals because you don't wanna get caught later. Get all OD you can. Find spots with long sustains on guitar, Jackpot away. Pretty vague description, I know.

The problem is..

there are no guitar sustains..well hardly any double sustains except for that one in the end.

I literally tried every path I can think of and even tried god damn pinball once. I see that you managed to FC the drum solo and I'm starting to question if that is a requirement to GSing that song which is really ludicrous.

EDIT: Nevermind I just BARELY got it at 785k. Holy damn that's a STRICT cut-off. The trick was hitting the 2 note sustain in the middle of the song. Even though the sustain is short i managed to squeeze an extra 20k which was enough to hit the cut-off.

Only song I have left for 300/300 Gold Stars is Five Magics...please don't tell me I have to FC the guitar to get that GS :|

Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if Hundred Wrathful Dieties by Evile is possible to GS. I am #1 on the XBL leaderboards with a score of 1,376,251 and judging by how far ahead "The Duke" is of me, I'd say that I'm still about 100K short of the GS cutoff.

Here are some other songs I have that I am ranked highly on, but can't get a GS:

Van Friscia - Epic Symphony In A Flat Minor Second Movement
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Long Hot Summer Night
bibleblack - I Am Legion
Megadeth - Five Magics
Chaotrope - Entropy/Extropy
Andromeda - Chameleon Carneval
Devin Townsend - By Your Command
Solution .45 - Lethean Tears
Andromeda - Veil Of Illumination (Part 1)
Alice Cooper - Vengeance Is Mine
The Who - Super Bowl Halftime

Also, I had a bit of a novel idea: make a Top 100 list of the hardest songs to GS in Blitz. I certainly don't have the willpower for something like that, but I think it would be kinda neat.

EDIT: What would be a good song to practice Flame Notes on? I suck at them now and I want to get better as they seem to be the only way to GS Child In Time.

Last edited by Metalhead911 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five Magics definitely doesn't require a guitar FC, it just requires some luck with the blast notes (Jackpot/Blast/Super Guitar is definitely the way to go), I was about 5K from GS on my second run ever on it, GS is somewhere between 870K and 875K my breakdown was

Code:
Base:280,275
Solos: 110,000
Blitz: 76,000
Finale: 10,700
Jackpot: 220,357
Blast: 71,600
Supertar: 98,560

Singemfrc's GS of it had
Code:
Base: 263,137
Solos: 110,000
Blitz: 78,350
Finale: 10,300
Jackpot: 245,455
Blast: 80,600
Supertar: 92,960

So use that to see where your problem is scorewise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently #1 on Shylo Elliott's "Dark Escape" with quite a distance away from Gold. Y'all are welcome to try that one out, feels a bit out of my league.

I'll post here if I find similar songs that give me trouble that don't stem from me sucking at the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: