FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Best Authoring Company?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

I am trying to get my music on RBN. What is the best authoring company that is still active (and free [no upfront])?
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!

Last edited by expertwin on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I am trying to get my music on RBN. What is the best authoring company that is still active (and free)?

What do you mean by free? Do you mean no payment up-front? A lot of authoring groups don't make you pay up front, but they take some of the profits out of the back end. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone to do it for free entirely.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
expertwin wrote:
I am trying to get my music on RBN. What is the best authoring company that is still active (and free)?

What do you mean by free? Do you mean no payment up-front? A lot of authoring groups don't make you pay up front, but they take some of the profits out of the back end. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone to do it for free entirely.

I meant no-upfront. I don't want to pay, and I don't care one iota about the sales.

voidedalive2x wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
I meant no-upfront. I don't want to pay, and I don't care one iota about the sales.

That's the kind of commitment that should have the companies running to your doorstep.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
expertwin wrote:

That's the kind of commitment that should have the companies running to your doorstep.

Exactly. Maybe one of the company accounts will respond.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Fairwood  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
expertwin wrote:

Well, machetemonkey's affiliated with TAG, so there's one. Ish. (Three-quarters? 0.8? I dunno what ratio to consider him there.)

I can't really render any verdicts myself, even though we do fall under that no-up-front category. I mean, unless it's a proxy project I actually have to hear the song before I can say if we'd do it or not.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Best Authoring Company? Reply with quote

Fairwood wrote:
expertwin wrote:
blingdomepiece wrote:
expertwin wrote:

Well, machetemonkey's affiliated with TAG, so there's one. Ish. (Three-quarters? 0.8? I dunno what ratio to consider him there.)

I can't really render any verdicts myself, even though we do fall under that no-up-front category. I mean, unless it's a proxy project I actually have to hear the song before I can say if we'd do it or not.

I've contacted you before; you said my songs "aren't the type of songs [you] want to author".

voidedalive2x wrote:
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can say that TAG is taking a little time to get caught up with the clients we have now, so we probably won't be accepting new submissions right now.

I would consider contacting Chart Toppers. They do a lot of work with smaller authors, they do a pretty good job with their authoring, and while I can't say for sure if they're a "no-up-front" authoring group, I /think/ they are. Here's their website: http://charttoppersauthoring.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I would consider contacting Chart Toppers. They do a lot of work with smaller authors, they do a pretty good job with their authoring, and while I can't say for sure if they're a "no-up-front" authoring group, I /think/ they are. Here's their website: http://charttoppersauthoring.sharepoint.com/Pages/default.aspx

Yeah, we do both upfront and no-upfront things, depending on the artist/label and what they want. I also usually don't turn music down unless there's a legal reason I've got to. I'm willing to hear what you've got, expertwin.

I've also been reminded with this that I need to update the site with our latest release. I should probably get on that right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcanon wrote:
I also usually don't turn music down unless there's a legal reason I've got to.

That explains all the shylo elliot :p
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arcanon wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

Yeah, we do both upfront and no-upfront things, depending on the artist/label and what they want. I also usually don't turn music down unless there's a legal reason I've got to. I'm willing to hear what you've got, expertwin.

I've also been reminded with this that I need to update the site with our latest release. I should probably get on that right now.

Okay, I've PMed and emailed you with the goods.

voidedalive2x wrote:
Arcanon  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
That explains all the shylo elliot :p

Right, and the fact that he pushed me to start Chart Toppers and is an on-again off-again author for us had nothing to do with it.

:P

Nah, but seriously, I do enjoy his stuff, especially the more recent compositions like Dark Escape, which I maintain is the most solid song he's created thus far.

expertwin wrote:
Okay, I've PMed and emailed you with the goods.

Got both, replying to you via email.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Arcanon24
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: