FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Child In Time - Toughest Gold?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Child In Time - Toughest Gold? Reply with quote

This song is ridiculous. I know for sure that no one on PS3 has gotten within sniffing distance of gold, I'm not sure about XBL since I can't see the board. I believe the gold cutoff is partially based on the theoretical maximum multiplier even if it may not be possible - such on this song where there is one segment that you cant get more than +0 on and a couple that are really tough to get +2 or +3.

On top of that, the song has 3 solos, two of which are simultaneous and unrelenting, such that getting 100% on both is literally impossible (yes literally) and getting 90% on both is incredibly tough. If you really bust your ass and switch lanes like a pro back and forth you might pull off 90/90 which would get you 20,000 pts. If you try to either get 90% on first and then switch to second or immediately ignore the first and start at the beginning of the second, you will end up with 90+/-90 netting you 10,000 + 0 or 10,000 + 5,000 if you're lucky...so I think the best strategy is try to fc the first (guitar) solo, if by the time the second (keys) solo starts you havent missed, just ignore keys and stay on guitar and get the 20k. If you miss in the guitar, then try to fc the keys and ignore the guitar. getting 30 or 40k doesnt seem to be possible.

The powerups are definitely jackpot/blast/guitar assuming you don't have superhuman pinball skills. Road Rash fails horribly and Super Drums fails spectacularly. I was able to get 944k, I think TimEbaysball got about 962k, neither are even close to gold.

Tomorrow when I have time I might try sacrificing some +3s in order to park my jackpot on some guitar chords, I have a feeling the gain might outweigh the loss.

If anyone has any other strategy suggestions on this song, I'm all ears.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I thought The Hourglass Paroxysm - Pt. 1 was a hard GS...

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably could bandmate the solos, but the 10-15k youd get for it wouldn't make up for all the jackpot points you'd lose.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandmate + Flame Notes maybe? You say you wouldn't make up for the Jackpot bonus, but bear in mind that if you Bandmate the keys solo (or a lot of it) you could spend most of your time on Guitar with Super Guitar, and Bandmated Flame Notes could pick up the extra slack.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSing this song is possible to GS but I agree that it's probably the most difficult song to gold star. I've made this same thread on the Rock Band forums and it apparently has to do with the following combination.

1. The first checkpoint is completely bugged and impossible to get anything higher than +0. There are 2 notes for that whole checkpoint before the first key solo.

2. There is a huge amount of solos and a dual solo which also affects the cut-offs. When songs have prolonged solo sections it greatly raises the gold star cutoff.

The Cut-Off is around 1.25-1.27 million. MarsPhoenix managed to GS the song on the 360 side.

I'm having a great deal of difficulty GSing Light My Fire right now, and it doesn't really suffer the checkpoint problem. However half of the entire song is solos and I don't know how that managed to dodge the 35% solo limit but it clearly did.

omimann  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar should definitely be the way to go with for Child in Time. Jackpot gives you a massive amount of points in the sustains toward the end of the song and with the blast notes you should be able to reach the level caps a bit easier.
For the solos, I just get the keyboard to the max cap and then switch back to guitar again to get at least the 90% bonus for the guitar solo.
Even then, MarsPhoenix must've had an almost perfect run to get 1,27 million. I got pretty lucky with my 1,11 million (currently 2nd on 360) but can't really imagine to get THAT many more points

However, Nihilanth turns out to be a damn hard gold star too, mainly because of the freaking hard solos in the second half of the song. No gold stars on the 360 leaderboard yet...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, I just tried this song myself and yeah... seriously WTF. The solos aren't even the biggest problem. The 20K difference just isn't going to make or break your gold star attempt when the gold star cutoff is in the 1.25M range.

I tried Pinballing the song, but with 5 tracks it's very difficult, and I'm not that good at pinballing in the first place. Ended up with around 700K, with 290K of Pinball bonus points, but at the cost of severely stunting multipliers. Maybe someone out there is good enough at 5-lane pinball to do it, but that person probably isn't me.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be mistaken on this one, but another really difficult gold star is Electricity Is In My Soul. The very first cutoff comes before any notes come, so it's literally impossible to get more than x0, and then the very next cutoff comes before you can get more than x1. In addition, the song is sparse with notes and has two fairly long guitar solos. I tried it with jackpot/blast notes/super guitar and barely got 5*
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zage1337 wrote:
GSing this song is possible to GS but I agree that it's probably the most difficult song to gold star. I've made this same thread on the Rock Band forums and it apparently has to do with the following combination.

1. The first checkpoint is completely bugged and impossible to get anything higher than +0. There are 2 notes for that whole checkpoint before the first key solo.

2. There is a huge amount of solos and a dual solo which also affects the cut-offs. When songs have prolonged solo sections it greatly raises the gold star cutoff.

The Cut-Off is around 1.25-1.27 million. MarsPhoenix managed to GS the song on the 360 side.

I'm having a great deal of difficulty GSing Light My Fire right now, and it doesn't really suffer the checkpoint problem. However half of the entire song is solos and I don't know how that managed to dodge the 35% solo limit but it clearly did.
1.25M? Jesus I'm still 300k off, that's depressing.
It seems counterintuitive but I think the way to go is to save jackpot for the huge sustains and when they come up only level up to +2 instead of +3 and use the extra time to sit on those sustains with the jackpot..the amount of points gained from those chords will outweigh the levels lost.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another song that's in Child in Time GS difficulty tier is Tuesday's Gone.

Tuesday's Gone is seriously one of the most messed up chart's I've played in Blitz. I managed to 5* it with 673k but I'm no where near close to gold on that song.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strategy of ignoring the second key solo and sacrificing a level to camp out on the guitar chords with jackpots definitely helped, I went up 30k, and I had a couple ill advised jackpot usages so I think I could probably get another 30-40k out of it, but jesus, 1.2M? I don't know if that will happen.
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
MarsPhoenix  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! I figure I should give away what I used. I'm content being the first gold star; no need to be the only one!

I think Jackpot / Flame Notes / Super Guitar is the only way to go. I've tried a lot of things (even fucking Pinball in a spurt of insanity). In general, save OD and activate it as soon as you hit the second Flame Note. You definitely want to try and get multipliers, but if you get a +2 instead of a +3 but hit a lot of Jackpot Flame Notes, you'll probably still be in the positives. Because of the slow nature of the song, getting a lot of Jackpot Flame Notes is not tooooo hard. I would stay on Bass while hitting them (so maybe don't level up Bass until you are in Jackpot mode?), because then you can easily switch to the hardest instrument in those sections, drums, without missing (make sure to switch late as possible to not hit the late window of a note and break Jackpot). Getting from Bass to any other instrument is not usually a big deal since Guitar is sparse. Avoid moving to Keys to hit Flames unless it's the only way or Drums are even riskier to switch into.

The first chorus Checkpoint is likely impossible to +3 without different Overdrive powerups (that get less score). Just get everything +2 and then score on Guitar or continue Jackpot + Flame Notes if they're there.

In the Solo, you want to activate OD on the highest multiplier in the guitar solo pretty much around where you get it. That way you're feeding yourself big points on Super Guitar. Then, switch over to the Keys solo and 100% it. You should get 80% on Guitar, which is still worth 5000, and 20000 on Keys. You'll get more OD for the next Flame Notes too between the two Keys solos.

From there on, generally use the same strategies. When the song reaches its finale with the final full screaming chorus, if you've got Flame Notes to hit don't worry about multipliers at all. Flames are much more important. Be cautious not to lose your crucial Jackpot here! Checkpoints aren't that important because you're only missing out on the BRE notes. If you have no more Flames to hit, activate on the big two-note sustains on Guitar to ensure your last Jackpot is used well.

This is all from memory, so hopefully it all works well. Good luck on your Child in Time Golds, everyone!

Edit: Oh yeah, and Gold isn't quite at 1.2 million. I don't know where it is exactly, but you need more than 1.2 million to get it for sure.
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this song today to see what the hype was about.

(Thanks for the tip, MarsPhoenix)

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: