FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
An inquiry into the truly broken notes on Pro.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: An inquiry into the truly broken notes on Pro. Reply with quote

Having been reminded of these with the recent ERG video of Epic Symphony in A Flat Minor Second Movement: Blitz, which mentions broken notes in its description, I felt like actually using this site again in the vain hopes that there could be some community effort in unraveling this rare but troublesome phenomenon.

As Chris "Grand-master" Boddy points out in the replies, the method I discovered in 2013 to prevent the issue so that Stop Dragging My Heart Around could be FCed works there as well as in Supreme Girl, though I can't easily find an example of either's broken notes.

My theory based on SDMHA has always been that it's somehow related to the disco flips in that portion of the song, and both Epic Symphony and Supreme Girl also have said mechanic, but I'm mostly just curious about what about these songs causes the broken notes. It can't just be a disco flip, or a much larger portion of the RB song selection would have this happen.

Here's a video of SDMHA without cymbals and with cymbals just before the note in question. Without cymbals, it appears as a RY but with a yellow cymbal (all others can be on without causing the issue) it's just an R. This issue is also apparently not present in RB4

Using DarylZero's chart image system that's pinned in Misc, I got the charts for SDMHA Pro and standard, and strangely I got these results:

The charts which I understand are based on the official midi chart file, shows a yellow cymbal note on Pro where there clearly is not one in-game.

So my question to the people who may see this and know the inner workings of chart files is: what exactly is the cause of this very specific broken note issue?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disco flip event marker specifically on that note screws it up

Guitar Hero + Rock Band Expert Drums Dual FSFC - September 21st, 2017
10,000 unique expert GH/RB FCs - May 18th, 2022
Videos: http://www.YouTube.com/dayzeed
FC spreadsheet: https://bit.ly/FCs
Proud lefty who conformed to right-handed mode... show some respect! ;)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slashno PSN Name: slashno
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: