FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Blitz FC Breakdown (Drums)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Rock Band Blitz FC Breakdown (Drums) Reply with quote

This is a rough draft of sorts. I'll add descriptions when after some critiques have been given (though a lot of the early ones will likely comprise of saying how "simple" they are). I also figured that a SpoonMan style breakdown would be a bit excessive for this game's setlist, considering it's so short compared to the others.

1. "Raise Your Glass"

2. "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)"

3. "One Week"

4. "Pumped Up Kicks"

5. "I'm Still Standing"

6. "Shine"

7. "Jessie's Girl"

8. "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)"

9. "Give It Away"

10. "Jungle Boogie"

11. "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)"

12. "We Are Young"

13. "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'"

14. "These Days"

15. "Moves Like Jagger"

16. "Once Bitten Twice Shy"

17. "Shout"

18. "Cult of Personality"

19. "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)"

20. "So Far Away"

21. "Spoonman"

22. "Sing"

23. "Kids in the Street"

24. "Always"

25. "The Wicker Man"

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with many of these positions but there are a few things that bug me. I would switch Bang Your Head and Give It Away. BYH is pretty much the same simple beat for the entire song iirc but GIA has lots more kicks. If a beginner were starting and going through FCing in order, I just find that they would FC something with a simpler pattern on the hands than the feet first.

Personally, numbers 19-22 I would switch around a little. Mine would look like:

19. So Far Away

20. Shout

21. Spoonman

22. Sing

I just think Shout is a little too high. Yes, it's repetitive. Yes, it's long. Yes, it's the dullest thing ever to exist but I still don't think that it's harder than the silly snares in Sing. So Far Away only has two of those roll lanes and they're the same (and for some reason, the lanes on Blitz songs, sans Wicker Man, work almost as intended) and the rest of the song is absurdly easy, albeit long and boring.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingyami3 wrote:
I do agree with many of these positions but there are a few things that bug me. I would switch Bang Your Head and Give It Away. BYH is pretty much the same simple beat for the entire song iirc but GIA has lots more kicks. If a beginner were starting and going through FCing in order, I just find that they would FC something with a simpler pattern on the hands than the feet first.

Personally, numbers 19-22 I would switch around a little. Mine would look like:

19. So Far Away

20. Shout

21. Spoonman

22. Sing

I just think Shout is a little too high. Yes, it's repetitive. Yes, it's long. Yes, it's the dullest thing ever to exist but I still don't think that it's harder than the silly snares in Sing. So Far Away only has two of those roll lanes and they're the same (and for some reason, the lanes on Blitz songs, sans Wicker Man, work almost as intended) and the rest of the song is absurdly easy, albeit long and boring.

Valid points. I mainly put "So Far Away" so far ahead because I assumed less experienced players wouldn't be able to discern how to hit those roll lanes, especially since they're charted "Blaze of Glory"-style. But I guess that's only one section to worry about, even if it takes place relatively late in the song.

I'll admit that the placement for "Give it Away" was a screw-up on my part. It's the only song I didn't play/review before making the breakdown, and it's definitely tougher than "Bang Your Head"; I only put "Bang Your Head" ahead because I couldn't remember the fills in "Give It Away", but remember fills like the intro in "Bang Your Head".

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout is WAY too high. I SRFC'ed that song, and other than the song length, nothing in there is difficult enough for a placement that high imo. Everything else I agree with.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Beliskner  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shout is way too high
Once Biten twice Shy could move up 2 or 3 places imo
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why people think Always is the 2nd hardest to FC, but in my personal opinion, I think Kids in the Street's harder than Always. Something about those kicks are so awkward along with the disco beat.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
Beliskner  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman10894 wrote:
I can see why people think Always is the 2nd hardest to FC, but in my personal opinion, I think Kids in the Street's harder than Always. Something about those kicks are so awkward along with the disco beat.

yeah but Kids in the Street has not much variety at all it's just always the same thing over and over again
Always has some fast fills and lots of different hard parts
I got a -3 on Kids in the Street on my second try and all the misses were stupid like all the misses you do in disco beats so I wouldn't consider it harder even though it deserves the spot at 23
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had some trouble with We Are Young due to those rolls. Maybe a few places higher behind OBTW?

I also agree with Beliskner and think Always is fine the way it is.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think So Far Away is definitely too high. The lanes aren't really that hard, I srfced the song, and that's coming from me, lol. I'd at least move it 2 spots down so it's behind Cult of Personality

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think that Always AND Kids in the Street are harder than The Wicker Man. The Wicker Man has one difficult part, the cymbal swell, and its not THAT tough. However, Kids is confusing/annoying as hell, and Always has moderately difficult fills and speed. As far as I'm concerned, it would go

23. "The Wicker Man"

24. "Kids in the Street"

25. "Always"

I could flip a coin between Kids and Always, they are very close and probably interchangeable.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
Shvegait  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would re-arrange 11 - 17 to the following:

11. "A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More 'Touch Me'"

There's nothing particularly difficult in this at all, is there?

12. "We Are Young"

The short rolls are somewhat fast and there are many of them, but the song is a one-trick pony using only two pads, and it's not long.

13. "Shout"

Long and chokable because of the slight changes towards the end, after minutes of playing the same exact beat. But it's slow. Which of this and "We Are Young" you find easier to FC depends on your strengths. For me, this one is worse because it is more awkward.

14. "Once Bitten Twice Shy"

I got this one on sightread, but there are a couple of awkward fills. The song is a bit long, but most of it is simple, and even the fills are not fast, so you can figure them out as you see them. Maybe this is more difficult than I'm giving it credit, but since I have this one and not the ones below, it's hard for me to rate this as being a tough FC.

15. "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)"

The song is short, but the long triplet fill near the end is a choke point, and also the fills are played slightly different each time, so while individually not very difficult, it's easy to trip up somewhere.

16. "Moves Like Jagger"

I just can't figure out the timing on that snare roll. Otherwise, easy of course.

17. "These Days"

If you're not good at the RYBs, this one will be tough. Once you have those down, there is still a tricky fill in the middle of the song with snare triplets that is awkward to play (and I miss it every time).

For 23 - 25:

23. "Kids in the Street"

This is probably the trickiest of all the songs. But, once you get the hang of the beat, there is nothing in the way of an FC.

24. "The Wicker Man"

If you're consistent with the kicks, and the quite small number of tricky fills, it all comes down to the cymbal swell. It's possible.

25. "Always"

I can barely get 5* on this! I don't know how this one got only 4 dots. The good thing about this song is that most of the difficult parts repeat, so you can get some practice. The bad thing is that most of the difficult parts repeat, so you will choke somewhere!

Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist - 2/15/09

Last edited by Shvegait on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeastinIsMyGame wrote:
I honestly think that Always AND Kids in the Street are harder than The Wicker Man. The Wicker Man has one difficult part, the cymbal swell, and its not THAT tough. However, Kids is confusing/annoying as hell, and Always has moderately difficult fills and speed. As far as I'm concerned, it would go

23. "The Wicker Man"

24. "Kids in the Street"

25. "Always"

I could flip a coin between Kids and Always, they are very close and probably interchangeable.

Please explain to me how one of the fastest cymbal swells in RB at the end of a 5 and a half minute long song with fast bass and tricky fills shouldn't be considered the hardest song in RBB. I mean yes Kids has a difficult beat, but it's repetitive as hell. All of the choruses are the same, and the verses are just "broken up" parts of the chorus. The bridge is ez, so all you really have to worry about is to not choke near the end.

Always imo would be the only song that's really as tough as The Wicker Man. I had slightly more trouble with TWM than Always, but I'm just one person and others may not have had the same issues I had. Kids I got only after a few tries.

I think Always/Kids would be the hardest to pass, but The Wicker Man would be the hardest to FC.

EDIT: Ok The Wicker Man is 4:41, but I still think that's longer than the average rock band song.

HerbieHero wrote:
BeastinIsMyGame  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In retrospect, Kids should remain at number 23. I had just played it the first time and was like "how the f do you hit this?" Its easier than the other two. However, I'm sticking to Always being harder than The Wicker Man. Other than the cymbal swell, nothing is very challenging in it at all. I'm honestly shocked that Fizz is so adamant about this, is the cymbal swell just a pain in your butt? If so I respect your position.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BeastinIsMyGame PSN Name: smarock
Dommu  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wicker Man is by far harder to FC than Always. Even excluding the cymbal swell, the kicks are painful enough to justify 25th. Always doesn't have a whole lot to it, only problem I recall is the RYYO fills I can't hit consistently for whatever reason.
uSound  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion: Always > The Wicker Man

There's way too much precision involved with FCing Always. Many of the fills are awkward, the whole bridge section and the final chorus' sticking is brutal.

The Wicker Man just has some fast pedalling during the chorus and that final cymbal swell. Outside of that cymbal swell, the song is pretty simple.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: