FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coin costs/rewards getting changed today
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Huh. That seems a bit...huh. All of my PSN friends who play Blitz are from either forums or from playing online. None are on facebook.

Okay, NOW I have a problem with RBW. I'll stick to the leaderboards and random selection,I guess.

One thing i noticed (at least on teh XBLA version i assume PSN does this too) is if you back all the way up out of the title screen menu - until it says 'Press A to play' (though its probably 'X' on PS3 version) then when you go back in to the recommended screen it will have changed the offered score war. Still takes me about 10s of DLC loading and connecting to server, but its faster than quitting all the way.

The thing that annoys me is that it keeps wanting to offer the same songs to me, vesuvius song, charlene, last, etc. Also pretty annoying that it seemingly doesnt give you coins if the other person never plays the score war at all - maybe you should get half coins from forfeit or something. Not that coins matter at this point, but its the principle, especially when there is no way to actually control what the score war is based on. I hope they got a ton of payoff from fb for hobbling the metafeatures of their game in this way.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a bonus for playing any Linkin Park dlc, you get double the coins (assuming they will do this with future dlc as well?). I tried doing Barfo's technique of playing a song a few times with no powerups and I got the bonus everytime I replayed the song, might be a way to stock up on a few coins.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
There seems to be a bonus for playing any Linkin Park dlc, you get double the coins (assuming they will do this with future dlc as well?). I tried doing Barfo's technique of playing a song a few times with no powerups and I got the bonus everytime I replayed the song, might be a way to stock up on a few coins.

Ya, they said they would be doing this week to week. Obviously this week it's to push the new DLC, but they say it's open to anything, so we could see genre weeks, old DLC weeks that need a push *cough*Hautewerk*cough*

Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Huh. That seems a bit...huh. All of my PSN friends who play Blitz are from either forums or from playing online. None are on facebook.

Okay, NOW I have a problem with RBW. I'll stick to the leaderboards and random selection,I guess.

One thing i noticed (at least on teh XBLA version i assume PSN does this too) is if you back all the way up out of the title screen menu - until it says 'Press A to play' (though its probably 'X' on PS3 version) then when you go back in to the recommended screen it will have changed the offered score war. Still takes me about 10s of DLC loading and connecting to server, but its faster than quitting all the way.

The thing that annoys me is that it keeps wanting to offer the same songs to me, vesuvius song, charlene, last, etc. Also pretty annoying that it seemingly doesnt give you coins if the other person never plays the score war at all - maybe you should get half coins from forfeit or something. Not that coins matter at this point, but its the principle, especially when there is no way to actually control what the score war is based on. I hope they got a ton of payoff from fb for hobbling the metafeatures of their game in this way.
Yes, that does work on the PS3 as well.

And yes, I've had the same problem. It likes to recommend songs I've played and songs my opponents have played, so I get a lot of repeat score wars, as well as songs from the challenges. I'm surprised there hasn't been a Blitz song suggested.

I'm more annoyed about it suggesting I challenge folks not on my friends list.

Songs: Just over 1000.
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
Barfo wrote:
(is it somehow wrong that I have ~70k coins and less than 150 unique songs played?)

that's how I am, 75k with 114 songs played. When I got the game initially, I played without powerups to get used to the mechanics of switching tracks and leveling. Between that and goal completion, you can get a pretty hefty coin reserve going with relative ease and speed.

Is there a way to count the number of unique songs you've played without going through them all and counting?
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
dore wrote:
Barfo wrote:
(is it somehow wrong that I have ~70k coins and less than 150 unique songs played?)

that's how I am, 75k with 114 songs played. When I got the game initially, I played without powerups to get used to the mechanics of switching tracks and leveling. Between that and goal completion, you can get a pretty hefty coin reserve going with relative ease and speed.

Is there a way to count the number of unique songs you've played without going through them all and counting?

The Facebook app tracks your total songs played.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: