FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Coin costs/rewards getting changed today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Coin costs/rewards getting changed today Reply with quote

Quote:
Cost of Power-ups:

Overdrive Power-ups: 250 coins per use
Note Power-ups: 200 coins per use
Track Power-ups: 100 coins per use
Note: it now only costs 550 coins for a full Power-up loadout!

Song Performance Coin Rewards:

At the end of a song, you now get 100 Coins per Star across the board.

Score Wars:

Winners of Score Wars will now be receiving 1500 coins at completion.
Losers of Score Wars will now be receiving 500 coins at completion.

http://www.rockbandaide.com/17416/rock-band-blitz-coin-economy-changes-coming-today/

No patch necessary, it all happens on their end. In basic terms, you won't be at a loss when playing a new song.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god. Now the coin system isn't so bad, rather, a minor inconvenience.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
insomniacdude  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really had an issue with coins, but now I know I can grind for high scores without worrying about coins every time I restart.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I wasn't going to run out of my current tally of 33k coins any time soon. Good to know now that "any time soon" is now known as "ever".
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All they really need to do now is change it so when you reset a song it doesn't charge you for the coins

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
All they really need to do now is change it so when you reset a song it doesn't charge you for the coins

This is my biggest qualm with the system. If I need to restart or quit, I have to now pay twice as much as I did before. I really don't see how it makes much sense.

Though, if I earn back one payment, I at least only have to pay (technically) for one song.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think just changing the coins to award independent of difficulty of song would be enough (wonder if this evens out the creds too). At 550 cost per song and reward of 500/600 for 5*/GS, I don't see how you;d ever have to turn it off of full j/b/s - if you get GS as often as you get 5* then youd basically break even. Definitely makes grinding for best possible GS score self-sustaining. Its basically like they removed the coins system altogether except for paying for the right to restart a song in middle. Not that im complaining since the coins system was sort of dumb in the first place.

Still think that on first play it is more coins efficient to play with no powerups since boost from 4* to 6* (+400 coins in double coins situation) isnt enough to cover full loadout or even worth the 1:7 payoff of using OD+track powerup. Maybe track powerup alone could consistently bump you to 5* from 4*, at a 1:1 payout. However that analysis is sort of meaningless considering the earlier argument that coins are rendered mostly valueless anyways at those pricings for regular play. Only the 'freaky, backwoods Blitz survivalists' like me would care at that point (is it somehow wrong that I have ~70k coins and less than 150 unique songs played?)
dore  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
(is it somehow wrong that I have ~70k coins and less than 150 unique songs played?)

that's how I am, 75k with 114 songs played. When I got the game initially, I played without powerups to get used to the mechanics of switching tracks and leveling. Between that and goal completion, you can get a pretty hefty coin reserve going with relative ease and speed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're looking at this from the perspective of folks who GS songs regularly (50% is regular enough). Plenty of folks struggle to 5 star them. For them, the new economy is sustainable for the most part, but they'll never bank a ton of coins unless they also play a bunch of new songs and goals. But it means for them that they aren't overly penalized for grinding a song and practicing either, where as they used to lose a few hundred coins on every run.

The other thing the change does is it encourages Score Wars to be real wars now. Before, it wasn't worth fighting for the top spot, because the difference in the reward was maybe 2 play troughs of the song. Now you can have folks go at it as coin wise, there's value for winning and the risk of not trying again is minor.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
I think just changing the coins to award independent of difficulty of song would be enough (wonder if this evens out the creds too). At 550 cost per song and reward of 500/600 for 5*/GS, I don't see how you;d ever have to turn it off of full j/b/s - if you get GS as often as you get 5* then youd basically break even. Definitely makes grinding for best possible GS score self-sustaining. Its basically like they removed the coins system altogether except for paying for the right to restart a song in middle. Not that im complaining since the coins system was sort of dumb in the first place.

I've had Rock Central disconnect from me temporarily on several occasions, which has prevented me from earning any coins from playing the song (but still losing all the coins invested).

Quote:
Still think that on first play it is more coins efficient to play with no powerups since boost from 4* to 6* (+400 coins in double coins situation) isnt enough to cover full loadout or even worth the 1:7 payoff of using OD+track powerup. Maybe track powerup alone could consistently bump you to 5* from 4*, at a 1:1 payout. However that analysis is sort of meaningless considering the earlier argument that coins are rendered mostly valueless anyways at those pricings for regular play. Only the 'freaky, backwoods Blitz survivalists' like me would care at that point (is it somehow wrong that I have ~70k coins and less than 150 unique songs played?)

At the new exchange rates, it doesn't matter what you use I don't think. It certainly doesn't hurt too much to use a full loadout. At the very least you can use an OD powerup plus a Note Powerup on a sightread for 450 coins, which basically breaks you even if you gold star and still gives you a good feel of the correct gold star strategy if you don't manage it. The point bonus for Track Powerup is a relative trifle in most cases anyhow.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

131 songs (63 golds), 70k coins, full powerup loadouts on every play. I'm going to be swimming in them with this change, haha. Scrooge McDuck inc.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
The other thing the change does is it encourages Score Wars to be real wars now. Before, it wasn't worth fighting for the top spot, because the difference in the reward was maybe 2 play troughs of the song. Now you can have folks go at it as coin wise, there's value for winning and the risk of not trying again is minor.

That's great. I do have to ask, though. How on earth do you actually choose to do a Score War? Is it only in the recommended section, where it picks both a song and person to play against, or do you actually have the ability to choose? Because I can't find that anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is a welcome change!

I was never actually at a loss for coins since I tended to play new songs and that nets double coins which normally results in a profit, at the very least it has made repeated playthroughs of the same song to get highscores a viable thing without having to bugger off and grind coins every so often.

Smart move, smart move. Coin system was one of my bigger bugbears, this change goes a decent way to alleviate my issues.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Bront wrote:

That's great. I do have to ask, though. How on earth do you actually choose to do a Score War? Is it only in the recommended section, where it picks both a song and person to play against, or do you actually have the ability to choose? Because I can't find that anywhere.
You can initiate score wars via RBW on Facebook.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
Bront wrote:

You can initiate score wars via RBW on Facebook.

Huh. That seems a bit...huh. All of my PSN friends who play Blitz are from either forums or from playing online. None are on facebook.

Okay, NOW I have a problem with RBW. I'll stick to the leaderboards and random selection,I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: