FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
9/4 DLC: Linkin Park 4-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
I've not really heard the rest, but I assume a couple are from the new album. I intend to listen to it, but I hope it's more consistent than A Thousand Suns. I'm still amazed that something as good as Waiting for the End could be on the same album as historically abysmal as The Catalyst, which is, in my opinion one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

I hated ATS at first but grew to absolutely love it. IMO it's definitely an album that's more than the sum of its parts - brilliant to listen to all the way through but doesn't work very well if you pick-and-choose singles from it. Kinda like Pink Floyd's albums in a way. There's a definite structure to the record if you imagine Catalyst as the big climax and The Messenger as the epilogue, and so forth. It's now my favourite Linkin Park album, with Hybrid Theory a close second.

It's a shame that for Living Things they decided to drop the progressive stuff and introduce *shudder* dubstep. Half of that record is unlistenable to me because they did that.

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
Eh, not into Linkin Park myself, but good for fans of such. I am surprised however that all four tracks have keys. I was not aware that LP used much keys in their material.

You'd be surprised, for a nu metal band their keys parts are usually very prominent. My and my friends spent most of our high school music classes in 2001 trying to figure out the opening piano riff from In the End. The introduction of keys and multiple vocalists in RB3 is why I was happy to wait three years for Linkin Park DLC for Rock Band. It's essential to LP's sound.

Last edited by DVDSmith on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

breaking the habit....and thats it.

Never liked much beside the mainstream heavy songs they made.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give these a listen, but I'm not really a Linkin Park fan so I don't plan to buy any of these.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking The Habit is one of their more tolerable songs (as in I won't change the station immediately)

But still nope.avi
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fucking LOVE Breaking The Habit. Shadow of the day is a good song but would be boring as hell, I really wish this was replaced by Papercut, Place for My Head or Don't Stay. New Linkin Park is fucking abysmal however so the bad evens out the good making this an eh pack for me.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried listening to the pro upgrade, and that's a nope for me. =P I liked Linkin Park's first album when I was younger, but their sound stayed the exact same with every album and I really got bored with them pretty quickly. This is a week I'll skip.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Tried listening to the pro upgrade, and that's a nope for me. =P I liked Linkin Park's first album when I was younger, but their sound stayed the exact same with every album and I really got bored with them pretty quickly. This is a week I'll skip.

o_O Really? I've never heard that before - much of the criticism levelled at Linkin Park these days is that their new stuff sounds NOTHING like their old stuff. Fair enough, Meteora was a carbon-copy of Hybrid Theory but by the time you get to A Thousand Suns it sounds like an entirely different band. Most negative fan reviews of the last two albums has been "this isn't Hybrid Theory therefore it sucks".

Pro upgrade should be interesting, since I'm convinced that the breakdown in the middle had some DJ manipulation done to it. Curious to see how they'll chart that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet another "meh" week for me, at least this seems like it'll be a big seller. Mayhaps RBN will have some interesting things for me.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close but no Burnin' For You.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Linkin Park fans, this is going to be an amazing week. I personally do not enjoy listening to Linkin Park. Linkin Park's new music is just crap. I would expect more from the Hybrid Theory, but either way is just meh. If only that Blue Oyster Cult rumor were true...
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can kind of get into earlier Linkin Park on a guilty pleasure level, but their post Transformers stuff I'm not so into. Also it's kind of dumb I know, but when I hear a name like Burn It Down I expect something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROfnYCSBhw
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
I can kind of get into earlier Linkin Park on a guilty pleasure level, but their post Transformers stuff I'm not so into. Also it's kind of dumb I know, but when I hear a name like Burn It Down I expect something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROfnYCSBhw

But that's already in RB.

PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering when "Breaking the Habit" would be in one of these packs. That's one of the few songs by Linkin Park I actively listened to.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
Bront  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, pass. Would have preferred the rumor.

Songs: Just over 1000.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:
I've not really heard the rest, but I assume a couple are from the new album. I intend to listen to it, but I hope it's more consistent than A Thousand Suns. I'm still amazed that something as good as Waiting for the End could be on the same album as historically abysmal as The Catalyst, which is, in my opinion one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

I hated ATS at first but grew to absolutely love it. IMO it's definitely an album that's more than the sum of its parts - brilliant to listen to all the way through but doesn't work very well if you pick-and-choose singles from it. Kinda like Pink Floyd's albums in a way. There's a definite structure to the record if you imagine Catalyst as the big climax and The Messenger as the epilogue, and so forth. It's now my favourite Linkin Park album, with Hybrid Theory a close second.

It's a shame that for Living Things they decided to drop the progressive stuff and introduce *shudder* dubstep. Half of that record is unlistenable to me because they did that.

Ah, I thought that ATS was a very mixed album. There was the brilliant, the catastrophic and the dull. Mostly the latter. The only four songs from the album I consider listening to are Burning in the Skies, When They Come for Me, Waiting for the End and Blackout. Even as a whole, which I listened to a few times, I just couldn't get into it. But hey, that's just me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: