FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Blitz GS Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
Man, I just GS'd Shout, and that Blitz chart can die in a fire. Almost impossible to get anything off of that first level cap increase because of having almost no Bass notes, and there's literally no other way to GS the song without Jackpot + Super Guitar (unless you're one of those crazy people who can Pinball across 5 lanes).

I got REALLY lucky once with Blast Notes and got Bass to 3x at the beginning, and ended up getting 622K (just 1K short of 1st place )

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've been playing this game almost nonstop for the last few days. I have gold starred every song at this point except Cult of Personality. I don't know why, but that song is just bad for me. I've been alternating between Road Rage / Blast Notes / Super Guitar and Jackpot / Blast Notes / Super Guitar

I've had some success with both, I'll beat a high score with one, then try the other, and beat it again by a few points, and so on. I don't know which is best (I can FC the first solo with 50% reliability but the 2nd solo of course not). I've probably played this song 20 times today trying to get that achievement. What the hell is wrong with me? Anyone else have trouble with this one? Any strategy to speak of? By the end I am usually up to 20x-22x, so I think I'm decently good at leveling up all instruments and using my jackpot on the long strings of guitar notes that aren't solos. But I no idea what else I can do to earn any more significant points.

Edit: Damn, looked at the discussion on page 3, and I think my score is something painful like 365K. Maybe I CAN do this...

I feel I may have gotten lucky on some of the other songs... those last 10 or so were doozies. Anyone who says this game is an easy GS is full of shit.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Okay, I've been playing this game almost nonstop for the last few days. I have gold starred every song at this point except Cult of Personality. I don't know why, but that song is just bad for me. I've been alternating between Road Rage / Blast Notes / Super Guitar and Jackpot / Blast Notes / Super Guitar

I've had some success with both, I'll beat a high score with one, then try the other, and beat it again by a few points, and so on. I don't know which is best (I can FC the first solo with 50% reliability but the 2nd solo of course not). I've probably played this song 20 times today trying to get that achievement. What the hell is wrong with me? Anyone else have trouble with this one? Any strategy to speak of? By the end I am usually up to 20x-22x, so I think I'm decently good at leveling up all instruments and using my jackpot on the long strings of guitar notes that aren't solos. But I no idea what else I can do to earn any more significant points.

Edit: Damn, looked at the discussion on page 3, and I think my score is something painful like 365K. Maybe I CAN do this...

I feel I may have gotten lucky on some of the other songs... those last 10 or so were doozies. Anyone who says this game is an easy GS is full of shit.

I know it may seem bad to say, but it really is just a case of hitting more notes. As mentioned in an edit of a previous post, in one wonderful, magical try as my first song of the day I managed to boost my previous score by 40k+ to get the GS, and I used Road Rage/Bomb Notes/Super Guitar. The biggest difference though was in my opinion the amount of points that Blitz Mode gave me. 500 points for every ten notes, combine that with road rage during the note-filled parts and not switching lanes unless I knew that I could not break combo (thankfully, the main riff on bass/guitar offer enough breaks to swap by confidently) and it really boosted up. Failing that, try for Bandmate or Bottle Rocket for some additional support during the solos. Getting an extra 10,000 points from a perfect solo is far from a bad thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just now managed to get it... though I don't think the issue was not hitting enough notes, just knowing when to move to the other instruments and when to stay on guitar (aka almost never moving...) ... I figured out the patterns on most songs quicker but Cult of Personality was just a huge pain.

All GS for me!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the cutoffs for the Facemelter goal are? Holy Wars is probably going to be my Achilles' Heel. :/

Edit: Oh, I just noticed I've been trying these with Super Bass on but playing as though it was Super Guitar. SUPER MOVE, ESPHER.

Double edit: Son of a bitch, that's infurating. I clicked Start Goal and didn't notice it timed out apparently, lol.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there someone that can take control of the OP and update it?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've tried everything this thread has to offer about Cult of Personality, and I can only get at most 336,532 points. It might be because of the stupid charting methods for solos, but I can't seem to get the cutoff no matter what powerups I try.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GS'd every single one with Bandmate/blast/synchrony. I don't quite remember how I GS'd CoP, but I do know that during the big solo you want to activate bandmate at the right time so that you get as much of the first half autoplaying as possible but do NOT overlap the middle 1st phrase in the solo. Then you have the last Bandmate activation be either or bass or guitar and you play the other.

As for the earlier part of the song, just make sure that bandmate is always on guitar or bass for the postverse riff (the one between the verses and the chorus/prechorus). And, of course, making sure you hit every synchrony that you can.

I do wish I remembered more about my run than that, but I did get 383K or so with this. If you don't want to go bandmate, then perhaps super guitar and point doubler would also work (or Jackpot if you think you can FC the solo)

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time since I played, but looking at my scores, I managed to get 443k using Bandmate, Flame Notes, and Super Guitar, so perhaps you can play around with that combo and see how it works for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
It's been a long time since I played, but looking at my scores, I managed to get 443k using Bandmate, Flame Notes, and Super Guitar, so perhaps you can play around with that combo and see how it works for you.

I did it! I only got 385k, but as long as I got the GS I don't even care. Mr. Green

It's so obvious--use Bandmate where there are purple notes!
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: