FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band Blitz GS Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I have gold on everything using Road Rage/Blast Notes/Whichever Super works best for the song except for Shout where I used 2X/Blast Notes/Super Guitar.

Blast Notes seems like the big thing that you never should change

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
And I have gold on everything using Road Rage/Blast Notes/Whichever Super works best for the song except for Shout where I used 2X/Blast Notes/Super Guitar.

Blast Notes seems like the big thing that you never should change

I use Flame Notes because they can get you a LOT of points, especially during solos when it's impossible to put out the fire.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flame notes get you more notes power up points but blast knocks out all 5 lanes. giving you 5 instruments worth of OD in spots, leveling up instruments w/o switching tracks, and allows you to focus on the super instrument. The only time I switch blast is on songs where the note density is very low. (i.e. Say It Ain't So)

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moves Like Jagger: Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Vocals

I did terrible leveling up, and I G*'d with about 33k to spare.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have 1st place here on SH for Shine at just over 400k. 1st place xbl is 520k+ someone tell me what power combination nets that bc I got nothing that can touch that.

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Here are the three needed for the "Hard Goal Is Hard" Goal. Got all three on my first try with these combos.

Thanks for these, btw.

Going to have to try and clear this later tonight.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Vicromano20  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
So I have 1st place here on SH for Shine at just over 400k. 1st place xbl is 520k+ someone tell me what power combination nets that bc I got nothing that can touch that.

Personally, I'm starting to question the overall validity of the top scores for every on-disc song.

I've been working Cult of Personality down to the bone. I'm 99% sure Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar is the way to go. Based on my many runs, I'm guessing something around 42x,xxx is optimal.

That being said, the top XBL score right now is just over 450,000. I legitimately don't know how one is supposed to obtain that figure.

I'm not trying to stay the guy on top cheated or anything like that, I'm just saying that whatever he used, like you Bowl, has apparently gone completely over my head.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicromano20 wrote:
BowlZ wrote:

Personally, I'm starting to question the overall validity of the top scores for every on-disc song.

I've been working Cult of Personality down to the bone. I'm 99% sure Jackpot/Blast Notes/Super Guitar is the way to go. Based on my many runs, I'm guessing something around 42x,xxx is optimal.

That being said, the top XBL score right now is just over 450,000. I legitimately don't know how one is supposed to obtain that figure.

I'm not trying to stay the guy on top cheated or anything like that, I'm just saying that whatever he used, like you Bowl, has apparently gone completely over my head.

Well, 30k could be made up just by hitting more notes, especially if you include staying in Blitz for longer (ie maybe the whole song). Or it might be a different powerup combo, yeah.
espher  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inability to maintain Blitz mode + perfect a solo is killing me on Cult of Personality for this goal. What's the cutoff? I've hit 346k so far...

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
dore  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be that people are really good at pinball which makes it so that you don't really have to play the song particularly well to get ridiculous scores

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dore wrote:
might be that people are really good at pinball which makes it so that you don't really have to play the song particularly well to get ridiculous scores

Yeah, the Pinball powerup is absurdly overpowered if you're fast enough to keep up with it.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icemage wrote:
dore wrote:

Yeah, the Pinball powerup is absurdly overpowered if you're fast enough to keep up with it.

You don't even need to keep up with one or two. Even if you trigger pinball four or five times, it's enough to shoot your score up insanely high (ditto if the song has less than three tracks).

As for the question of G* cutoffs, that'd be real good to have in the OP. TrueAchievements user xs Silence sx posted approximate cutoffs in his strategy guide for Precious Medal.

Quote:
"A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me"" by Fall Out Boy - 160,000
"Always" by Blink-182 - 268,000
"Cult of Personality" by Living Colour - 368,000
"Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)" by Queen - 237,000
"Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" by Shinedown - 435,000
"Give It Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers - 279,000
"I'm Still Standing" by Elton John - 234,000
"Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield - 161,000
"Jungle Boogie" by Kool & the Gang - 131,000
"Kids in the Street" by All-American Rejects - 325,000
"Bang Your Head (Metal Health)" by Quiet Riot - 400,000
"Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - 203,000
"Once Bitten, Twice Shy" by Great White - 396,000
"One Week" by Barenaked Ladies - 114,000
"Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People - 197,500
"Raise Your Glass" by P!nk - 143,000
"Shine" by Collective Soul - 320,000
"Shout" by Tears for Fears - 490,500
"Sing" by My Chemical Romance - 297,000
"So Far Away" by Avenged Sevenfold - 300,000
"Spoonman" by Soundgarden - 323,955
"Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" by Kelly Clarkson - 190,000
"These Days" by Foo Fighters - 331,764
"We Are Young" by Fun. feat. Janelle MonĂ¡e - 190,000
"The Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden - 394,800

These are pretty close I believe, most likely only off by a few thousand at most.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
espher  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

368k, eh? Hmm... time to figure out how I can eke out those points...

BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roadrage bomb and gtr powerups. stay on gtr as much as possible, only move to get od and bomb notes. you'll get it

PotatoHandle  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having trouble with using the "cookie-cutter" methods for Spoonman, and was advised to try Bottle Rocket/Blast Notes/Super Bass.

Use bottle rockets constantly throughout the song, use the breaks as areas to change tracks without breaking combo. Preferably use most of your rockets, during the "Spoooonmaaaan! Come together with your hands..." parts, and try and empty your gauge before the bass break before the guitar solo.

Coming out of the bass solo you should have a full bar again, use all your OD in the outro. I got about 20k over the GS cutoff with this method on my first try (I had been playing the song a fair bit previously with other powerups though), with 96/100/100 solos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: