FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Official Scavenger Hunt/Lots of Songs Goals Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viukkis  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Grohl goal seems to have changed from "Play 54 distinct songs" to "...55...", I wonder if they added The Collector retroactively?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: viukkis PSN Name: viukkis
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viukkis wrote:
Dave Grohl goal seems to have changed from "Play 54 distinct songs" to "...55...", I wonder if they added The Collector retroactively?

Yep. I've got 4 songs played on there, Learn to Fly (RB3), Learn to Fly (Blitz), All Apologies (Blitz) and last but not least The Collector (Blitz). 51 songs to go!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that they have goals not entirely completable on Blitz. For something that only rewards you in some form on Blitz, it seems counterproductive.

Also noticed on Scavenger Goals, if you play a song and it has some sort of link to an actual song on the list, it will tell you on Rock Band World. I just played a bunch of Boston for the Medium Boston Goal and I checked the Fly goal and on each song play it said "Try another song from 1976!", obviously referencing Fly Like An Eagle.

BowlZ  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
Interesting that they have goals not entirely completable on Blitz. For something that only rewards you in some form on Blitz, it seems counterproductive.

Also noticed on Scavenger Goals, if you play a song and it has some sort of link to an actual song on the list, it will tell you on Rock Band World. I just played a bunch of Boston for the Medium Boston Goal and I checked the Fly goal and on each song play it said "Try another song from 1976!", obviously referencing Fly Like An Eagle.

they can all be done in blitz

Has anyone figured out how to make groups for goals on rockband world? Everytime I join a request or invite someone it never works

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BowlZ wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to make groups for goals on rockband world? Everytime I join a request or invite someone it never works
Actually they can't ALL be done purely in Blitz. For example, the Jack White goal you have to play RB3 at some point because one of the 13 songs required is Hardest Button To Button :p

As for groups for goals, you have to join one when you go to start the goal. Once you've started the goal, you can't join another group halfway through or anything like that. You either join a group from the start (or accept someone's request without having already started the goal yourself), or pray that a bunch of other people join in with you.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
BowlZ wrote:
Yusuke wrote:

Actually they can't ALL be done purely in Blitz. For example, the Jack White goal you have to play RB3 at some point because one of the 13 songs required is Hardest Button To Button :p

Also, No One Knows and Dead End Friends are also on-disc for RB3 and thus you need RB3. Even if you decide not to play the on-disc songs, you would still need to repeat a song you played on Blitz to get the number of songs they want. Fly Like an Eagle, for the flight one as well.

Also, found another Scavenger Hint: Right Artist, Wrong Song!

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
Also, No One Knows and Dead End Friends are also on-disc for RB3 and thus you need RB3. Even if you decide not to play the on-disc songs, you would still need to repeat a song you played on Blitz to get the number of songs they want. Fly Like an Eagle, for the flight one as well.

Also, found another Scavenger Hint: Right Artist, Wrong Song!
Except in the Grohl Goal, there's no repeats. You can't complete the goal without playing those two RB3 on disc songs.

Found another great strategy article tonight, this one written by Eric Pope at Harmonix:

Quote:
Rock Band Blitz: Pro tips and tricks from the dudes who made it (exclusive)

Rock Band Blitz debuted last week on Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network. For fans of plastic instruments, the game is a major departure for the series, and even as a long-time FreQuency player I found the lane-changing controller-based gameplay takes a little getting used to. Then there’s all the different power-ups to choose from and the integration with the Facebook app, Rock Band World. Luckily, Harmonix itself has offered up some of its best strategies to the GamesBeat community for dominating the score charts.

Check out the following exclusive video to see select dev team members arguing over which power-ups are best, and then read the handy guide below, provided by Rock Band Blitz Community Manager Eric Pope (who is also the cowriter of the time-traveling story mode in Dance Central 3). If you’ve got any tips or tricks of your own, feel free to share them in the comments below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2k4MPcIPBg

Eric Pope, Rock Band Blitz community manager:
Rock Band Blitz is a really fun game, but it’s tons more fun when you get it together and stop sucking at it. OK, that was probably too harsh. But you’re the one who’s reading this, looking for tips. You’ve implicitly admitted you need to step up your game, and I’m here to help. Think of me as your own personal Jack Flack. That’s a Cloak and Dagger reference, keep up.

Part 1: The Basics
None of my fancy tips will help you if you don’t first figure out your base strategy. You’ll quickly learn that you’ll need to be prioritizing multiple mechanics in your head in real time as you play, if you want to post competitive scores. Let’s break it down in order of priority from highest to lowest.

Track Multipliers: You start each song at a 1x multiplier on every instrument track. You have until the next song section checkpoint to level each of the instrument tracks up by 4x. That is, up to 4x in the first section, 8x in the second, 12x in the third, and so on. First and foremost, you need to focus on maxing out these multipliers in every section you play. The difference between winning and losing a Score War is often decided in the last couple sections of a song, because of the potential discrepancy between two players’ multipliers. So you’re going to want to max these out before doing anything else.

Note Power-ups: These are the glowing purple notes that sit at randomly generated spots on your note highway. Hitting them deploys whichever Note Power-up you’ve equipped. These are designed to help you get big points, so for every one you miss there’s a potential loss of many thousands of points.

Energy Notes: These are the glowing white notes on your note highway, and are what powers your Overdrive Power-ups. The more you hit the more your energy bar fills up. Overdrive Power-ups are definitely your biggest note-grabbers in the game, but they require this fuel, so if you don’t keep gathering a steady supply of it, they are useless to you.

Blitz Mode: You get into Blitz Mode by keeping up a perfect 30-note note streak in the game. Bust out your calculators and notebooks, because here comes math: You get 250 points just for going into Blitz Mode and then increasing points are awarded for every 10 note streak after that: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500. Then, 500 points every 10 notes. So, while this can be incredibly valuable, it’s also incredibly hard to pull off, especially while trying to pay attention of the above three items. We’re finding that the best players are able to juggle all of this while maintaining Blitz Mode.

One last basic piece of strategy: Learn the song’s structure! Every song is different. Some have crazy notes on every track, while others are sparse as the hairs on Dabney Coleman’s head. (Another Cloak and Dagger ref, duh.) Get familiar with the song you’re playing by not putting all of your eggs (or Blitz Coins) into the basket of one playthrough. Maybe do an exploratory playthrough to get the lay of the land, and then dive in with a full power-up loadout in the next play.

Part 2: Loadouts
Assuming you’ve followed my advice above to the very letter, you are now ready to get into the heavy stuff. Here are a few recommended power-up loadouts that I’ve found to work really well together. Note: The game is actually quite well balanced, so you’re likely to find your own combinations that work better for you than these, and that’s OK.

Bandy Flamey: The Bandmate and Flame Notes. Flame notes are worth a ton of points apiece. They generate randomly, and the more of them you hit, the faster they’ll appear, and the harder they are to keep up with. I particularly like this one: Hit a few Flame Notes and starts spreading the fire, and then enable Bandmate. Since the Bandmate Power-up will play notes perfectly in the track you’ve activated it on, it’ll help keep up with the increasing speed of the Flame Notes, extending your run

Shock and Bawl: Shockwave and Pinball Notes. Unlike a few other power-ups, neither of these destroy notes on the track. You’re awared points for every note each touches. That means you can get a triple value out of some notes, first with a Pinball, then with a Shockwave, and then when you actually hit it yourself.

Blaster Jacksploder: Jackpot and Blast Notes. Jackpot, like Blitz Mode, is for the more advanced player. You get triple points for every note you hit, but only if you don’t miss a single note while deployed. It’s huge gamble…”Jackpot,” get it!? The nice thing about using Blast Notes with Jackpot is that you can hit them while in Jackpot mode and you get the points for all the notes it hits added to your Jackpot bonus! That’s only three combos. Trust me, there are many more. And maybe I’m not even revealing my most secret-est of loadouts, either.

You’ll also notice I didn’t include any of the Track Power-ups in these loadouts. That’s because I believe those are best used on a song-by-song basis. If you’re playing a rip-ass metal song, you’ll probably want to select Super Guitar for your Track Power-up, but if you’re playing a New Wave synth-soaked song, you’ll likely want to choose Super Keys. Don’t discount how important the Track Power-ups are, though!

Part 3: The Final FUNtier (I hate myself.)
If you’ve taken to heart everything I’ve told you here, you are well equipped to be a serious contender on the Rock Band Blitz leaderboards. Score War opponents won’t know what they’re in for. But every well-equipped army needs good funding. Every time you select a loadout of Power-ups, you need to pay for them with your Blitz Coins. So it should behoove you to pursue multiple methods of filling your coffers. That’s what our Facebook app, Rock Band World, comes into play. We’ve built RB World as a place for RB Blitz players to come to create Score Wars with friends, as well as collaborate on numerous, regularly updated Goals.

Both Goals and Score Wars reward Coins for their completion! We also have a weekly in-game Coin Bonus that we’ll be pushing that will reward double coins to players for different criteria, like first plays on songs, all songs by certain artists, all songs from certain decades, and so on. Please take note that Harmonix is not in the sleaze business, so Rock Band World has no microtransactions with real-world money involved, and we don’t intend to ever add those. We also won’t spam your Facebook profile with posts.

OK, if you’ve read this far you’ve earned this last bit of advice. Run your mouth a lot. Talk so much trash to your pals over scores that you’re on the border of ruining your friendships. The final edge will be yours if you’ve thrown enough fear into your opponent that he or she begins to doubt their abilities.

That’s all I’ve got for today’s lesson. You have blossomed into a beautiful butterfly. Now go, and play many, many hours of Rock Band Blitz.

Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Pope wrote:
Track Multipliers: You start each song at a 1x multiplier on every instrument track. You have until the next song section checkpoint to level each of the instrument tracks up by 4x. That is, up to 4x in the first section, 8x in the second, 12x in the third, and so on.

*facepalm*. Sort of a funny mistake to make since i have the number series {1,4,7,10,13,16..} burned into my brain at this point.

Thats good to know that the blast notes points is affected by jackpot, though really the points from blast notes are sort of minor that it probably doesnt make much sense to switch tracks to hit one inside a jackpot unless you can be sure of hitting it without any drops (which would imply not much notes on the track which means its not worth much). I wonder if flame notes also stack, i could see how for a mostly regular track that does not need blast notes help to optimize multi, j/f/si could be a lot better than j/b/si once you could develop the skill at free lane switching to keep up with flame notes during jackpot without blowing it.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that's the sticking point. I dunno maybe it's me, but the game seems super picky about switching moreso when under jackpot than when not..makes me paranoid about switching when under jackpot at all unless there's a huge gap where I'm switching to. For the amount of pts that jackpot brings in, it's never worth the risk.
kebernet  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Yeah that's the sticking point. I dunno maybe it's me, but the game seems super picky about switching moreso when under jackpot than when not..makes me paranoid about switching when under jackpot at all unless there's a huge gap where I'm switching to. For the amount of pts that jackpot brings in, it's never worth the risk.

This, I think, is the best part of JP+BN -- the blasts will open up a slot where it is safe to switch.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feels like you have to switch late to not break jackpot, if you switch before the timing window of the note in the track you switch to has passed then you will have to hit that note or it will count as a miss.

Seems like you can switch after entering a notes timing window in the lane you were in without any problem though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Feels like you have to switch late to not break jackpot, if you switch before the timing window of the note in the track you switch to has passed then you will have to hit that note or it will count as a miss.

Seems like you can switch after entering a notes timing window in the lane you were in without any problem though.

Yeah i definitely agree with this. Also to really optimize jackpot its pretty helpful to be able to switch tracks sometimes. I find that if i only park jackpot in the super instrument during the point at the end of sections when ive already maxed all multis (and in the start of new ones) then i end up wasting overdrive phrases (if i am getting the maximum of them) because i cant activate enough jackpot for the amount of OD im collecting. Plus if you activate jackpot and then have ability to cruise both lanes ot the side of the super instrument lane you can collect OD phrases (and blast notes) in any of three lanes which helps to extend the jackpot. TO switch lanes what I do is find a spot where in the lane im switching to its not too dense and then you want to switch right over the top of the note in the adjacent lane while hitting that new note. If the notes in the current lane are on time with the target lane then in practice what ends up happening is you 'stare down' the note in your lane and then right as it arrives, you switch and hit the note in the new lane.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after the community fell about 17k short of the 80s goal, we've been given the 70s equivalent. Woo? I can't see this going any better, but who knows. Maybe everybody will try harder or something, because it was pretty sluggish progress the first few days towards the 80s goal, and we almost got there in the end which was quite surprising.

Also, I accepted the RB2 goal and it tells me that I've completed it because I've fulfilled the apparent requirements of "Play NONE distinct songs". Is that happening for anybody else? I'm assuming that maybe I was way too quick on the trigger for it. Kinda bothersome that I'll have to 5* the entire RB2 setlist considering I have already played all the RB2 songs in Blitz already. Mind you, I do still have to 5* Bodhisattva and Painkiller (both power-up-less runs from many moons ago) so I'll probably just work towards the goal anyways. Alternatively I could get around to doing the same on RB3. Hmm...

I'm glad they're giving us a whole bunch of these goals on a regular basis. It's nice having something else to aim at while I'm already looking to play my entire library, and then eventually trying to GS everything.

This week we're grunge hunting, whee.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
espher  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 80s goal was made far more unreasonable by the fact that you had to play an additional, what, 93 songs just for the Hard and Scavenger Hunt goals, and nearly all of them were from decades that were not the 80s. After grinding through all of that, especially since I was away from my Xbox for four nights of the past seven, I could only stomach a handful of 80s songs to make a charge.

I think that 750 is unsustainable unless the goal is congruent with others in the week. For a situation like last week's goal setup, I think 500k is a reasonable target, especially if we assume a bit of play decay as the 'new hotness' wears off.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pearl Jam - Jeremy
Bush - Machinehead
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Alice in Chains - Rooster
Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
L7- Andres ?

Nearly Lost You by Screaming Trees didn't register so that leaves L7 by my process of elimination. I don't own it so someone has to confirm.

(glad I picked the Nirvana one on the first try i just played the whole nirvana songbook for grohl goal)

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...

Last edited by BowlZ on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 am; edited 5 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: