FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mechanics discussion for Blitz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zage1337  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
That's also a problem, I find, with songs where there's a real long extended break between when an instrument ends and where it picks up again (My Sharona, GG&HT, The Wicker Man). If the wait is relatively short, you could risk going for the flame and getting as much as you can out of it. If it's a long wait, you're better off using something else like Blast.

It's just that We Are Young is also sparse and even with Pinball I can't get as high as I can with Jack/Flame for it. If only there was a way around the intro. I got a couple of lucky runs (my top score, and 480kishs..but damn 544k is way out of my range lol)

lol The Wicker Man is probably the worst song ever to use jackpot/flame. Overdrive drains way too fast. Jackpot/Blast actually destroys it. I have 768k with that combo.

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zage1337 wrote:
TheLonging wrote:
That's also a problem, I find, with songs where there's a real long extended break between when an instrument ends and where it picks up again (My Sharona, GG&HT, The Wicker Man). If the wait is relatively short, you could risk going for the flame and getting as much as you can out of it. If it's a long wait, you're better off using something else like Blast.

It's just that We Are Young is also sparse and even with Pinball I can't get as high as I can with Jack/Flame for it. If only there was a way around the intro. I got a couple of lucky runs (my top score, and 480kishs..but damn 544k is way out of my range lol)

lol The Wicker Man is probably the worst song ever to use jackpot/flame. Overdrive drains way too fast. Jackpot/Blast actually destroys it. I have 768k with that combo.

Well yeah, but that's just an example for songs with long waits between instruments.

I'd suggest trying to hit a Flame note near the first point the guitar comes in, and letting it die there. And then when guitar kicks in, just play it normally.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
zage1337  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got 570k(1st xplat) on it. I tested ways to get flame notes to work and it seems that the beginning of the flame chain is the critical part. I wanna spread the flames out through all of the lanes early on so i can build a chain. I got like 450k of Jackpot alone on We Are Young and some 120k+ jackpots.

I'm still finding songs like So Far Away a huge pain in the ass. I am always waiting for the next flame note to spawn. I guess I just need to get better at getting like 200k jackpots on a single flame chain or get od and activate while while the flame notes are still active.

TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna bump this thread with a question: If you're using Super Guitar on a song, and you play bandmate on the guitar track, do you get points for both bandmate and super guitar, or does it not count?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Ketchupyoshi  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Bandmate gives you the Super Instrument bonus, but I've never really tested it. I think someone confirmed it a while back though.

[X] Rock Band Blitz 1,000,000 points in BEER
[X] Rock Band Blitz 50+ bounce pinball
[X] FC Prequel to the Sequel X Guitar
[X] 5-star all three versions of TTFAF X Guitar
[X] 5-star Headed for the Ditch X Guitar
[X] GS Caprici di Diablo X Guitar
[ ] 5-star Roundabout X Pro Keys
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Guitar
[ ] Pass RB3 setlist on Medium Pro Bass
[X] RB3 Expert Bass FGFC
[X] Lego Rock Band Expert Guitar FGFC
[ ] Full music library vocals FC
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: