FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Mechanics discussion for Blitz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icemage  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
Number of notes needed for one multiplier looks to be based on Total notes in the checkpoint divided by the number of measures in the song x2. Meaning your bass and drums will have them at more even intervals to raise the multiplier than the other instruments (as a general rule).

It took me way too long to break my freq habits in this game.

That's interesting. How did you arrive at that formula (sounds correct to me from what I've seen, or at least close)?

---

I need to test out Thank You Boys by Jane's Addiction tonight to see how it behaves on the vocal track (entire song is taps except a single vocal phrase).
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
Sort of a bug..developers probably just didn't consider it. The pinball "paddle" is exactly one track wide, so for any song with only one track, you can't lose at pinball, therefore you get astronomical scores. I managed 40,000,000+ on one such song.

They definitely did consider it. If you play a one-instrument song you can't get the achievement for having the pinball stay in play for 20 seconds.
Yeah you know I did notice that I didn't get that trophy on a one track song but when I played a two track song I got it pretty quickly..I still don't think they considered the impact of one track pinball though, I don't think they would consciously leave in something that takes your score from 200,000 to 40,000,000
lawrencein  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Yusuke wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
Sort of a bug..developers probably just didn't consider it. The pinball "paddle" is exactly one track wide, so for any song with only one track, you can't lose at pinball, therefore you get astronomical scores. I managed 40,000,000+ on one such song.

They definitely did consider it. If you play a one-instrument song you can't get the achievement for having the pinball stay in play for 20 seconds.
Yeah you know I did notice that I didn't get that trophy on a one track song but when I played a two track song I got it pretty quickly..I still don't think they considered the impact of one track pinball though, I don't think they would consciously leave in something that takes your score from 200,000 to 40,000,000
I'll have to find it again but I seem to remember seeing a quote from someone at HMX saying that they saw that some powerups were broken on certain songs but kept it in as everyone had access to the same things.

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this would be mechanic talk, but moreso strategy: How does switching work? As in, can I switch to an adjacent lane any time I want during a long streak of notes on the current lane (To get the other lane's multiplier up, for example). What if I need to go from drums to Keyboard? Is it wise to just jump across all 4 lanes quickly, or one at a time, playing a bar of notes on each one?

The switching seems to be the biggest problem for me right now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pinball trophy pops when your pinball drops. That's why you can't get it on a one track song; the ball never drops.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Song of the Century

Base Points: 5,242
Blitz Mode: 2,750
Finale: 400

Point Doubler: 3,680
Super Vocals: 2,620
Pinball Notes: 658,250

Working as intended.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
I guess this would be mechanic talk, but moreso strategy: How does switching work? As in, can I switch to an adjacent lane any time I want during a long streak of notes on the current lane (To get the other lane's multiplier up, for example). What if I need to go from drums to Keyboard? Is it wise to just jump across all 4 lanes quickly, or one at a time, playing a bar of notes on each one?

You can switch between lanes anytime you want.

As for when to switch, it really depends on if you want to stay in Blitz mode or not. For the drums-keys issue, just switch as fast as you can to the keys, as you'll most likely not break combo.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawnintendo wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

As for when to switch, it really depends on if you want to stay in Blitz mode or not. For the drums-keys issue, just switch as fast as you can to the keys, as you'll most likely not break combo.

Is it worth to break blitz mode to switch over a lane or two to get more notes? Might be a bit early in the game's life to know this, and have this figured out.

Also, when switching lanes, is there any kind of leeway given without the powerup? Or if i switch onto a note and don't hit it, it breaks blitz?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
jawnintendo wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

Is it worth to break blitz mode to switch over a lane or two to get more notes? Might be a bit early in the game's life to know this, and have this figured out.

Also, when switching lanes, is there any kind of leeway given without the powerup? Or if i switch onto a note and don't hit it, it breaks blitz?

Blitz mode happens when you build up a note streak. Once you're in it, the screen speeds up, and you get a 500 bonus every second.

You are allowed to miss or overhit THREE times before you go out of blitz.

If you switch lanes, and don't hit notes IN THE LANE YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN, it counts as a miss. If you switch fast enough, you can avoid coming into contact with notes.

For me, it is much more important to try and max out the multiplier on all the lanes than to worry about combo. Blitz is a nice passive effect for high scores, but don't worry too much about it.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, thanks. Also, last question here I believe for me, if you switch lanes during a held note, does it count as one of the misses? Or do you just lose the rest of the points the held note would've given?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Gotcha, thanks. Also, last question here I believe for me, if you switch lanes during a held note, does it count as one of the misses? Or do you just lose the rest of the points the held note would've given?
I do that all the time if I'm on a hold and I see a purple note or something in the lane next to me, and I havent noticed being dinged for a miss.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Also, last question here I believe for me, if you switch lanes during a held note, does it count as one of the misses? Or do you just lose the rest of the points the held note would've given?
Dropped sustains just lose the rest of the points you would've otherwise had. No Blitz ruining there, and its something I do on occasions depending on the song.

Generally speaking, Blitz isn't the be-all and end-all of scoring. If you can maintain it while switching lanes (and I usually try to hit notes in the next lane immediately upon switching, even if I'm going long range), fantastic. If not, its not the end of the world imo as you're going to get far more poitns out of powerups than you will from Blitz on almost any song, and depending on your powerup setup, you can get yourself back into Blitz mode fairly quickly anyways.

Anywho, I thought I'd just throw this out here. Sustains are worth a metric shitton towards the end of songs. Using Jackpot/Super Guitar formed the basis of my GS on Shout yesterday spending Jackpots on the sustains towards the end (248k ALONE on Jackpot for the song, almost half my total score), and just now on Wicker Man just reduxing a few of my scores before I go back to playing every DLC/Import I own, I got 50k off the final guitar sustain with an x21 and Super Guitar on. That's 50k out of a total of almost 450k. Just food for thought kids.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:

I believe you just lose the rest of the ticks, though I'm not certain on that. I would assume that's the case because the majority of vocal notes are held notes, so mechanically, it wouldn't make sense to switch to another lane and have iot count as a miss because you didn't finish a short hold.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha, that's what I thought. Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you get the super instrument bonus with Bandmate. Has anyone confirmed this either way?

Songs: Just over 1000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Blitz All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: