FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/28: Rock Band Blitz is released! Incl. 25 tracks & imports to RB3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRyder  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the pack that unlocks these songs for RB3:
Can that be skipped? I just want to jump into RBB and have it find my downloadable content, I don't plan on playing RB3 for awhile.

xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRyder wrote:
Regarding the pack that unlocks these songs for RB3:
Can that be skipped? I just want to jump into RBB and have it find my downloadable content, I don't plan on playing RB3 for awhile.
I believe when you start up RBB for the first time, they ask if you want to download the soundtrack, so just skip that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The song pack is not only used in RB3, it's used in RBB too.

Without it you're limited to the 3 demo songs that came with the main download.

GH/RB Platinums: RB2, RB3, BH, GH5, GHWoR
JRyder  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I can play the 3 demo songs until I have time to download the pack and enjoy the full online functionality?

I ask because I'll only have time to play for about an hour tomorrow and I'm really jonesing to play as much as possible before I have to go to school.

GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
LoAlexandria wrote:
Did any1 play the game yet and unlocked a song or even more?

in game im still short - just 3 songs to play yet, and im almost done with trophies, just play 12 in game songs, all in game songs, 5star em all, gold star em all and unlock everything missing, i dont know how to get these song in that damn game -.-"

Sounds like you're experiencing the same problem some others were. Check this thread to find a solution: http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231290

Thanks for posting this! I was having troubles too and it was really making me nuts.

Turns out, I was trying to play on my gamertag, whereas it is my husband's gamertag that bought the game (his has all the points). So I was never getting prompted to download the song pack, and I was like "WTF are these people talking about!?" Anyway, I figured it out, just had to log in as him to download the pack, and now I'm all good to go.

So those of you who share consoles... take note! Anyway, the game is fun, totally different, and I really suck. It will be fun to play this for a while and get semi-decent! YAY 4 DAY WEEKEND!

Edit: Okay, I've played every song now so I can be certain: this game is great! There are no real "duds" in this set (No Sevens or Welcome to the Neighborhoods). It's a lot of fun to play, even songs that might be "boring" in RB3 are fun to play in Blitz.

At this point I only have 2 real gripes with the game.
1. You can't make a setlist or at least I can't figure out how. Missed opportunity IMO cuase it would be so cool to have songs feed into the next one in a playlist like in DJ Hero 2.

2. I didn't think the awful sound effect for scrolling through songs in RB3 could be topped, but boy was I wrong. The RBB scrolling sound effect is super annoying.

But that's it! Great game! Can't wait to play it this weekend more.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRyder wrote:
But I can play the 3 demo songs until I have time to download the pack and enjoy the full online functionality?

I ask because I'll only have time to play for about an hour tomorrow and I'm really jonesing to play as much as possible before I have to go to school.
Have it download in the background, but yes, you can play all your DLC and the 3 demo songs without downloading the song pack.

Songs: Just over 1000.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're correcting song names:

The Queen song is "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated to...)" and the Quiet Riot song is "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)".

No big deal messing it up (especially BYHMH, that's an inconsistent one >__>), but if someone needed the actual in-game titles for whatever reason, the OP has it wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

2. I didn't think the awful sound effect for scrolling through songs in RB3 could be topped, but boy was I wrong. The RBB scrolling sound effect is super annoying.

Exactly this!

espher  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget the sound effect, how about that scroll speed?

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, something I've just noticed on Rock Band World. Looks like challenges may count Gold Stars as 6 stars, which RB3 didn't. On the Medium Queen Challenge I've got 11 stars from two songs. 5 Stars on "Death on Two Legs (Dedicated To...)" and Gold Stars on "We Will Rock You". I might try and GS a song on RB3 just to make sure (Because it's a lot easier), and then try again on RBB to make sure but I think that it seems to be the case.

EDIT: Yeah, confirmed it. We Will Rock You (Gold Stars), Death On Two Legs (5 Stars), We Are the Champions (Gold Stars), Under Pressure (RB3 Version) (4 Stars). Total was 21 Stars.

Also, I don't think that "Am I Crazy" counts for the Cheap Bastard challenge either. Not sure if it'll affect "Dreaming of Love" or anything else, but it definitely counted for "Promised Land" and "Still Alive".

Last edited by ShiftBreaker on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Forget the sound effect, how about that scroll speed?

Oh god!

How could I forget it??!!

It's SOOOOO slow to scroll through songs, it's like the game is constantly trying to load the preview for each song you scroll, instead of waiting a few miliseconds to see if you'll stop on that song to hear the preview or not.

SplashAttack  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone been having trouble calibrating their tv? ... because I sure haven't. With every rhythm game I own I have to spend an hour calibrating the lag but by some miracle this game's calibration was pretty much perfect at 0/0. I'm scared.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SplashAttack wrote:
Has anyone been having trouble calibrating their tv? ... because I sure haven't. With every rhythm game I own I have to spend an hour calibrating the lag but by some miracle this game's calibration was pretty much perfect at 0/0. I'm scared.
It's because of the ridiculously large window.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the main menu music, do they take music you've downloaded to use as the background music? Since I had a part of "Fade Away" by Of Last Resort playing...that is a RBN song. Caught me by surprise certainly haha.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually 2 Of Last Resort menu songs. Also a Main Drag song on RBN. But the rest of them aren't in the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: