FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
8/28: Rock Band Blitz is released! Incl. 25 tracks & imports to RB3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoAlexandria  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx a lot
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlexShaw wrote:
There's a problem with the vocals leaderboards (as I've just input all my Blitz vocals scores). The song Always seems to also being counted on the RB3 on-disc songs section, so I'm now 1st place with 84 of 84 FCs whilst everyone else is the correct total 83 of 83.

It's definitely Always that is causing this because the difference between my actual RB3 on-disc total and the one now showing on here is the score I got for that song.

Your report is spot on as it appears that song was mistakenly entered as "ranked".

I've fixed the problem and recalculated your RB3 totals. Thanks for the notice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Blitz is awesome

2) I'm not 100% sure, but I think the PS3 either blitzifies faster, or it does it on the fly or before each song. The DLC loading screen is faster than it is in RB3, and it was when I first booted it up.

3) As mentioned before, the DLC loading screen is faster in Blitz than RB3, though you can't do anything while it's loading, so that might be why.

4) You can earn coins by playing goals on the Facebook App in Rock Band 3. I completed one of the genre goals by playing a song in RB3 after I played it in Blitz.

5) Blitz is awesome (bears repeating)

Songs: Just over 1000.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
4) You can earn coins by playing goals on the Facebook App in Rock Band 3. I completed one of the genre goals by playing a song in RB3 after I played it in Blitz.

I'd like to point out that it may not be worth attempting to play these on RB3 until you at least own RBB and link it to your facebook account. I did the grunge challenge yesterday to try and get a few coins early when I get the game, but facebook says I received 0 coins. Maybe I'll get them later, maybe they're lost forever, I don't know. We'll find out later.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Bront wrote:

I'd like to point out that it may not be worth attempting to play these on RB3 until you at least own RBB and link it to your facebook account. I did the grunge challenge yesterday to try and get a few coins early when I get the game, but facebook says I received 0 coins. Maybe I'll get them later, maybe they're lost forever, I don't know. We'll find out later.
I already had the game when I did it, so I'm not sure if this is an issue, but I wouldn't doubt it.

BathTub  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously where have they hidden this on my Xbox? I looked around and around and couldn't find it. Is it not in the NZ/Australia marketplace? I had to go the MS Live website and search there and add it to my downloads there.
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BathTub wrote:
Seriously where have they hidden this on my Xbox? I looked around and around and couldn't find it. Is it not in the NZ/Australia marketplace? I had to go the MS Live website and search there and add it to my downloads there.
It's coming out Wednesday, not Tuesday, so you may have to wait a bit longer, though it's supposedly hit the US less than an hour ago.

jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to go to the Add-Ons part to buy the game.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game is amazing, but the concept of buying the game, download the demo and the unlock code and only AFTER you're in the game you are prompted to download the song pack is idiotic and confusing.

As you can see here and in the rb forums, there are people not "finding" the songs in the full game, only the 3 songs that come with the demo.

Luckly, I have a lot of DLC so I played them while the song pack was downloading

I'm on PS3, by the way.

But the game is still amazing!

GH/RB Platinums: RB2, RB3, BH, GH5, GHWoR
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atiradorsp wrote:
the concept of buying the game, download the demo and the unlock code and only AFTER you're in the game you are prompted to download the song pack is idiotic and confusing.

As you can see here and in the rb forums, there are people not "finding" the songs in the full game, only the 3 songs that come with the demo.
You're completely wrong. It's literally automatic, it prompts you to download the first time you run the game before you even have an opportunity to try to play any songs. It could not possibly have been any easier.
atiradorsp  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:

You're completely wrong. It's literally automatic, it prompts you to download the first time you run the game before you even have an opportunity to try to play any songs. It could not possibly have been any easier.

It could be easier if you're prompted to download this song pack along with the demo and unlock file when you buy the game, so you get the whole package at once.

Follow my case:

I bought the game and leave the game+unlock downloading in the background while I played another game (Devil May Cry HD, if you must ask).

I got the alert that the download was finished, so I just finished what I was doing in the game.

I quitted DMC, went to RBB and got the alert to download a file that was almost double the size of the game/demo itself.

I cursed HMX, because, if they've designed that better I could have downloaded this pack together with the game while I was playing another thing.

Not to mention people that aren't always online while playing or using the console, so they don't have the option to download the song pack the first time they run the game.

If this system "could not possibly have been any easier", we won't be seeing people that could not find the songs.

I guess people like to actually PLAY the game when they buy it and have already download it. Especially people with slow internet access.

It's pretty funny the amount of people here that are eager to make excuses for HMX...

GH/RB Platinums: RB2, RB3, BH, GH5, GHWoR
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twenty minutes "discovering downloadable content", progress bar is filled half way. Still have not downloaded the pack of 25 songs.

fml.

Edit: Now on 40 minutes, what is this shit. I know I have a lot of songs, but come on.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atiradorsp wrote:
singemfrc wrote:

It could be easier if you're prompted to download this song pack along with the demo and unlock file when you buy the game, so you get the whole package at once.
Follow my case:
I bought the game and leave the game+unlock downloading in the background while I played another game (Devil May Cry HD, if you must ask).
I got the alert that the download was finished, so I just finished what I was doing in the game.
I quitted DMC, went to RBB and got the alert to download a file that was almost double the size of the game/demo itself.
I cursed HMX, because, if they've designed that better I could have downloaded this pack together with the game while I was playing another thing.
Not to mention people that aren't always online while playing or using the console, so they don't have the option to download the song pack the first time they run the game.
If this system "could not possibly have been any easier", we won't be seeing people that could not find the songs.
I guess people like to actually PLAY the game when they buy it and have already download it. Especially people with slow internet access.
It's pretty funny the amount of people here that are eager to make excuses for HMX...
How dare they give us 25 free DLC songs for RB3..the nerve! This was necessary to facilitate the import, integrating the soundtrack into the RBB game package would mean no free DLC for RB3.

You can still background download the soundtrack once you set the download going.

If you have slow internet access you should understand that downloading 1GB is going to take a while, that's no one's fault but yours and your ISPs. If you're not online at all you really shouldn't even start RBB, it's designed to be played online and your experience will be severely diminished if you aren't (and the game warns you of this if you attempt to play offline).
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note, I do find it weird that the game decides to differentiate between Rock Band DLC and Rock Band 3 DLC, but not between Rock Band Network songs and Rock Band Network 2.0 songs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
BathTub wrote:
It's coming out Wednesday, not Tuesday, so you may have to wait a bit longer, though it's supposedly hit the US less than an hour ago.

The game was listed but not purchasable. It was weird, as I said I worked around it.

Oh yeah and as others have already mentioned the discovery part of it is mind bogglingly slow. I was fine with it the first time, I just went away and came back, but after playing the 2 tutorials and then 1 song I accidentally backed out of the main menu, when I went back again it started the discovery process again.....z...z...z... I just quit at that point. I hope it speeds up because I am not going to play it very often with those sort of load times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: