FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alexhaz vs. JohnnyGrey vs. FL4RE - RB3 "FGFC" race!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I never said Visions/SttP were easy by the way, just that they're a bit overrated.

ORLY?

Lol, I know what you mean, I just couldn't resist.

Anyways, luckily for me Llama (as well as 25 or 6 to 4) was really the only song I played a lot back when I first got RB3, trying to get a GS, so I didn't do that terribly on this "sightread".

And well, I never really did the sightread rivalries to win, but I do think it's fun as a self competitive thing. It's fun to surprise yourself with an FC as well as lol at yourself for sucking. Plus, if we ever get around to FCing RB3 songs, at least some of the easier ones are already done.

On that note however, I don't have much intention of staying on the RB path too long after these rivalries. Not that I couldn't play both games, but switching never ends up good for me. And also, I'm running short of 'free time' time as it is, since school will be starting in a few weeks, so we'll see if even this rivalry gets close to ending before then...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finished my RB3 sightreads (and "sightreads") and holy crap were they bad. However I did choke in the last 15 notes of both Radar Love and Before I Forget, that was just lovely. >.>

Still have two songs 4 starred, and I'm behind by over 400k from you on the songs we've both played. Just awful. Anyway I kind of want to get FCs in this game (got 20 on SR) but I just suck so much. Have no idea how to hit the Crazy Train solo, I practiced that for at least half an hour to no avail. Why do they not have speeds less than 70%???

Oh, and I forgot about that comment on SttP... I think I was underrating it back then. It's easy to come close to an FC, but hard to actually put it together :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished up my "sightreads" today. Got at least 2 FCs that are still TBD on the breakdown (so around the late 50s), which seems pretty good. On the other hand I had a handful of songs where I'd miss within the first 50 notes or so, and just suck throughout, so it evens out .

It was pretty fun overall, though I must say there are a decent number of meh charts.

If the GS cutoffs weren't so dumb for the last tier, I'd say we could race to a FGGS... I'm not sure how much effort I want to put into this game otherwise xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you what, if I joined in could we do 3 way rivalry for a rb3 fgfc? I need the motivation to do it haha.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. Well, I don't know if I'll ever be able to FGFC this game... But I suppose I could try getting a decent amount. I'm sure at least somewhere in the mid 70s is possible. However, I'm going to be short on free time pretty soon, so this may be a bit slow going. I suppose I'll start clearing out the easy songs sometime in the next week.

Also - Damn, you already have 2 really awesome FCs , I doubt I'll be ale to keep up with your awesome skillz.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
Tell you what, if I joined in could we do 3 way rivalry for a rb3 fgfc? I need the motivation to do it haha.

Yeah... that's a bit out of my league, haha. I guess I could try for all but Crazy Train and Rainbow in the Dark, but I highly doubt I could get those.
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I want to eventually get at least 75. I'm not so sure I'd be able to get the two Alex mentioned, 25 or 6 to 4, Freebird or Caught In a Mosh anytime soon.

I also changed the title a bit so maybe we'll attract some more potential competitors.

Anyways, I decided to FC a tier, and since I didn't want to grind Antibodies, I decided I'd go ahead and FC tier 4. Most of them only took a run or two, but I missed a few times in Oh My God xD. I might clean up the first two tiers next, or I'll start on tier 5.
Oh and the 9 new FCs brought me up to 40 overall.

Edit: Up to 50 now. Running out of the easy ones... I'll have to start actually learning things in practice mode soon .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been doing some clean up the past 2 days and now I'm up to 65 FCs.

Songs I can easily get:
Bo Rhap
Portions for Foxes
20th Century Boy
Here I Go Again
BiF

Songs with a bit of work:
SNAFF
Radar Love
Been Caught Stealin'
Roundabout

Maybe eventually with a bit of luck:
BatH
Antibodies
Llama

So right now that means 70 pretty much guaranteed, probably 74 and MAYBE 77.
I haven't tried CiaM much and I really don't want to even bother with FB (though it would be my first FB FC xD), 25 or 6 to 4 seems just too hard to be consistent on. LOL at the other 2.

Oh and it's kind of a downer how I seem so far ahead, when really I've only gotten like 10 songs tops that any trouble at all. So basically as soon as either you try AT ALL, you'll quickly catch up .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh woops I didn't realise this was going to happen. Well I guess I'll start tomorrow, since I'd been working on DLC

Well I guess FC'ing Shockwave & Number of the Beast (cover) are good practice, but I won't be getting Caught in a Mosh. I cannot hit that solo.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not the RB2 rivalry I was promised! Y'all are banned. Banned I tells ya.

I would think BatH should be a lot closer in reach than you're seemingly suggesting Johnny. Mind you, that solo is a bit of a dick (I'm not sure I've ever hit it, and despite the little time I've spent RB3ing, it is definitely not from a lack of trying).

Anywho, y'all should like hit more notes and stuff. (y)
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well there were 3 songs in the game I REALLY didn't look forward to grinding:

SNAFF
Llama
Antibodies

I just got SNAFF so now I can FC the Nightmare tier without too much trouble.

EDIT: 10 minutes later & BatH is down too. Nightmare tier is DEFINITELY done now haha.

*double edit*
The challenge has been accepted. Nightmare tier FC and 40 FC's in total. Also I finally managed a tech FGFC (hit CIAM solo), so technically I am capable now of a FGFC.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh update...as of now I have 66 FC's. Grinded out the moderate & challenging tiers today plus 4 impossible tier songs. Including:

Yup.

I still have the solid tier to go through (which means Antibodies ) and 4 impossible songs left before achieving the FGFC, including Caught in a Mosh. So I still have my work cut out. Step it up Alex!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First try today 8)

Also, Portions for Foxes can go eat a muffin

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Portions for Foxes is fun though!
I honestly don't know whether Antibodies is possible for me. Llama I reckon I can FC, but goddamn even FC'ing up to the 2nd chorus in Antibodies is a nightmare. And then there is the hardest part of the song after that...

*Edit* got Llama, but I think I need a break from this. I've had two -1 runs of Antibodies. And even a random reverse choke of Caught in a Mosh. Hopefully coming back to this in a few days will make me able to get this FGFC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: