FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alexhaz vs. JohnnyGrey vs. FL4RE - RB3 "FGFC" race!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Alexhaz vs. JohnnyGrey vs. FL4RE - RB3 "FGFC" race Reply with quote

Part 1:
Alex, FL4RE and I will be racing for a FGFC. I put the FGFC in quotes because I don't know if I'll ever actually get the FGFC, but I can at least try to get a decent amount .

Start:
Alex - 21 FCs
Johnny - 70 FCs
Fl4re - 67 FCs (Including 25 or 6 to 4 and RitD )

To make things start more excitingly, I'll add some sub goals to reach.

First to FC Tier 1 [F]
First to FC Tier 2 [F]
First to FC Tier 3 [ ]
First to FC Tier 4 [J]
First to FC Tier 5 [F]
First to FC Tier 6 [F]
First to FC Tier 7 [ ]
First to 50 FCs [J]
First to 60 FCs [J]
First to 70 FCs [J]
First to 75 FCs [ ]
First to 80 FCs [ ]
First 25 or 6 to 4 FC [F]
First Antibodies FC [ ]
First Beast and the Harlot FC [F]
First Caught In a Mosh FC [ ]
First Crazy Train FC [F]
First Freebird FC [ ]
First Llama FC [F]
First Rainbow in the Dark FC [F]
First Roundabout FC [J]

Part 2:
I don't think either of us will be working too much on this, so I'll move it down here for now.
RB2, Alex and Johnny racing for 80 FCs (Or until we hit our max). We're both playing on disk, no imports.

Currently:
Alex - 21 FCs
Johnny - 72 FCs
I'll be updating this every Sunday.

Start:
Alex - 14 FCs. Notable - Colony of Birchmen, Any Way You Want It
Johnny - 69 FCs. Notable - Round and Round, Almost Easy, all of the easy stuff.
Update 1:
Alex - 7 new FCs. Notable - Chop Suey and Almost Easy.
Johnny - 2 new FCs. Notable - Souls of Black and Battery.
Update 2:
Alex - 0 new FCs (nub ).
Johnny - 1 new FC. Notable - Shackler's Revenge

Sightread Rivalry: COMPLETE

Complete!
Total Score:
Alexhaz64 - 13,021,500
JohnnyGrey - 13,526,428
Song Wins
Alexhaz64 - 30
JohnnyGrey - 52
Gold Star Count:
Alexhaz64 - 60
JohnnyGrey - 64
FC Count:
Alexhaz64 - 19 (2 overstrums)
JohnnyGrey - 31 (2 overstrums)

Last edited by JohnnyGrey on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 15 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BonkFace
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, THIS will be an interesting rivalry!

*grabs bag of popcorn*
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, this sounds just about perfect! I am certainly looking forward to exploding some rectangles :p

Considering how much better at sightreads you are, the RB3 rivalry will probably be fairly close. The RB2 one will be interesting nonetheless, I really have spent no time on these games. (14 FCs actually surprises me though, that's more than I was expecting!)
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
Yup, this sounds just about perfect! I am certainly looking forward to exploding some rectangles :p

Considering how much better at sightreads you are, the RB3 rivalry will probably be fairly close. The RB2 one will be interesting nonetheless, I really have spent no time on these games. (14 FCs actually surprises me though, that's more than I was expecting!)

I have 27 FC's on RB2, Come Out & Play (Keep 'Em Seperated) and Down With The Sickness being the hardest ones that I have. If I can get 27 without much practice at all, then that should be cake for you. On GH, you make me look like a piece of dust So, it's just a matter of time before you make it to 80 FC's. Just make the whole world happy, please?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I wish I could join the RB3 rivalry....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this game. I don't know what it is, but the engine feels so ridiculously hard. I had a million random misses in places that I shouldn't have, and it took me hours to get Almost Easy. Maybe it's my guitar, but I don't think so. (that did screw me over in the end, as it started randomly activating sp, when I was trying to follow a path. my score sucks, consequently.) Also breakneck speed is too fast, no breakneck speed is too slow, there's no lag on my tv but I feel like I have to play everything early, you can't jump straight into practice mode, you can't strum up to get to the bottom of a menu, there's no way to see how many notes you miss in practice mode and there's no option to stop the repeating of whatever section you're playing. Also all the songs aren't available at the start so I have to keep using unlock all songs which is not cool.

Yeah, this is why I'm not a RB player XD

(oh yeah, I also tried to GS visions and failed epically, and I tried a few hard solos... couldn't really FC anything >.>)
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of all of those problems, only one of them is 'fixed' in GH1 (the up menu thing), and you seem to be pretty good at that game .

I usually don't have lag in GHWT+, but in this game, I'm using 10/35 (aud/vid) and it seems to be working well enough. I agree that it always seems a bit wonkier than GH games, and I feel like I change the settings everytime I play RB >_>

As an update, I haven't played TOO much just yet, mostly just fooling around in practice mode, but I definitely have forgotten how many decently hard songs are in this game . I have 4 songs that I could probably get relatively soon, 3 that would require a bit of luck, and then the other 3 will be pretty darn tough.

Looking at the breakdown, the fact that we have to get at least one out of these five songs scares me right now:
80) Get Clean
81) Shoulder to the Plow
82) Bodhisattva
83) Visions
84) Painkiller
Perhaps after playing the game a bit more and getting some more FCs, these songs won't seem so frightening... but for now, I may be a bit screwed :P

Edit: As a better update:

#70 , didn't take too long either

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexhaz64 wrote:
I hate this game. I don't know what it is, but the engine feels so ridiculously hard.

This is exactly the way I feel. RB has such good songs, but I just hate the engine. On GH, you can hit notes about 1 second later or earlier, but on RB, you have to hit notes RIGHT on time.
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely feel comfortable with my lag settings right now :P. And yet, I still think solo 2d of AWYWI is impossible >_>.

Btw, I started doing sightreads of RB3 (the first tier and a half), and my advice is to use the same lag settings as RB2, if you find a good one. The calibration thing put me at -stuff, and it seemed to work okay for the easy songs, but as soon as anything slightly fast came up I'd miss it :/. So yeah, use a harder DLC song or something to try and get your lag set on RB3, so you don't blow any possible srFCs like I may have .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've already busted out two crazy FCs, I'm getting jealous :p

As far as lag goes, I'm using a CRT TV, so it shouldn't have lag, right? I'm getting used to the engine now, so it might not be an issue, even though I'm still playing things early. It might just be a side effect of no hyperspeed, idk.

Oh, and I am trying to do as much as I can that you haven't done yet, if you couldn't tell by my Chop Suey FC/Visions GS/Shacklers and Lazy Eye FC attempts :p
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got some pretty good FCs too, so don't be too jealous.

And yeah, I was thinking that might be the direction you were going for, and also kind of hoping in a way...

Right now there are 10 songs that neither of us have FCed:
LTBR, Lazy Eye, Shackler's, Panic Attack, Peace Sells and the big 5 I mentioned earlier.

If you want, we could shift focus to racing to FC these songs first. This would certainly be more entertaining for you as well as easier because you wouldn't be spending hours FCing a bunch of relatively easy songs. It's really up to you, since it'd be almost identical for me; I'd only be putting off the three FCs you have that I don't.

It seems the only two that either of us aren't close to right now (aka you aren't close to right now :P) are Bodhisattva and Painkiller. But otherwise I can at least imagine hitting most of the other 8 (visions is still scary ), and I'm certain you can...
So let's do this: Since to get 80 FCs, we'll most likely have to FC six of these ten songs anyway, we should race to see who can FC six of these ten songs first.

So basically it'd be the same rivalry, we'll just be starting strong and will pick up the pieces later.

Edit: Well, then this happened:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visions, Shoulder to the Plow, Bodhisattva & Painkiller are miles above anything else in that game, so if you're going for 80 FC's best leave those 4 out heh.
Get Clean isn't all that tough once you get the solo down.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa nick vs alex this is interesting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fl4re- I agree with you, but Alex seems to think STTP and Visions are both easy. He's also insane.
Elite - Yes, and a rivalry were I actually stand a chance. This could be very interesting. If only we both had more time and commitment to the games right now, it'd be pretty cool.

I might start only updating the OP weekly instead of twice a week since it doesn't seem like either of us has been playing too much. I know I've been a bit busy this week and haven't had much grinding time. Since I'm trying to get all of my FCs on video still, it does slow me a down bit since the only time there's not really people around is after 11 pm or so.

I did try for Peace Sells and Chop Suey the other day though. I made it to solo 3 of PS at least 3 times, and would miss the beginning of the sweep but hit the transition and FC out, so that should happen eventually.
Chop Suey started pretty well once I learned how to hit the intro (which is easy now), but after a few misses in the FATHER! part, I just started to lose everything and it would take me longer and longer to even make it to (and FC) the second etc. part.
I've also been practicing LTBR, Lazy Eye and Panic Attacks' hard parts, and they're seeming more doable... Still don't really feel like trying to grind either of them out though

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should just give up on the RB3 sightread rivalry. There's just no way I'll win. XD

...I just four starred Llama on SR. >.>

As for your RB2 progress Johnny, FCing up to solo 3 in Peace Sells is the easy part. I actually had a run where I missed the slow sweeps and then FC'd out... also I've had plenty of runs of Lazy Eye missing right at the end of the second guitar break (the longest fast streak in the song), so that one is definitely doable. I never said Visions/SttP were easy by the way, just that they're a bit overrated. I can see myself getting those over Bodhisattva, at least...
alexhaz64 flexes
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: