FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/10 DLC: Daughtry 3-Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
I'm chalking it up to the heatwave.

Disco Inferno confirmed for next week's DLC.
uSound  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComicBookGuru wrote:

HMX will surely deliver, or else we'll have another argument on our hands.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:

It's not that I don't like people whining about HMX DLC, it's that I don't like people whining.

Quit whining about people whining, you whiner.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
it's that I don't like people whining

Ohohoho that's fresh as shit
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

I'll preemptively say that if they don't deliver I'll make a setlist with Hot and Cold and Cold as Ice, followed by a prompt ice cold shower while still wearing my Mustang.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
I called people entitled (a word I didn't use originally, I should note) because that's what my accusation was. I said people didn't know what they were talking about because I provided information that discredited their complaints.

Your argument is inherently insulting.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Mystakin wrote:
I called people entitled (a word I didn't use originally, I should note) because that's what my accusation was. I said people didn't know what they were talking about because I provided information that discredited their complaints.

Your argument is inherently insulting.

Perhaps, and if someone is offended by it I apologize. I'm blunt and an ass about things a lot of time, but as I said, it's all tied to my argument and can be refuted with logic and reasoning. How am I supposed to refute "you're just deepthroating HMX" or "You know you aren't on HMX payroll right?" I can't. It's just attacks, ones that contribute nothing to the argument except "I don't like you, stop saying things I don't like."

My argument may be crass and insulting, but at least it's an argument. At least it has SOME value.

ComicBookGuru wrote:
uSound wrote:
ComicBookGuru wrote:

I'll preemptively say that if they don't deliver I'll make a setlist with Hot and Cold and Cold as Ice, followed by a prompt ice cold shower while still wearing my Mustang.

Throw in Fire and Ice and we have a setlist!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, this is still going on? Maybe it's time to take a step back and ask yourself whether all this drama is really worth the effort.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9BoyyaSjPY My response to this discussion.

Also, I can't say I'm digging this week, which is how I've been feeling for a while now. Definite pass for me (though to be fair, the times where I cave and buy something are rare).

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
I'm blunt and an ass about things a lot of time

So am I, god we have so much in common
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in

"This bores me" = "I DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT I AM BEING GIVEN"

ALSO

MaddyMcMaddington wrote:
I don't like people whining

o the ironing

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Awful. The sad part is, Daughtry is one of the better singers/musicians to come from American Idol (which is like saying that there is such a thing as a better-smelling pile of cow dung), but his music is completely generic.

I'm actually going to go with Kris on this one. Not being a fan of most mainstream forms of pop/rock, Daughtry is probably one of the better acts to gain popularity. If anything, I'm just glad we're not getting another week of Nickelback.

As for entitlement, of course we should be able to feel entitled. We have spent at least $60 on the newest iteration of a game that requires plastic instruments that used to start at around $70 if I do recall correctly. To say that we aren't in it for the long haul is idiotic. Now, I'm going to again state that requesting difficult (for us) DLC every week is never going to happen. However, that doesn't mean that mildly challenging DLC can't come down the pipe more often than not. To be honest, I don't even think I can see artists like Daughtry being played at places like parties, which is generally where most of the "casual" DLC resides. Maybe in 2007, but that was five years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a fundamental difference between being entitled and hoping for/being disappointed by specific DLC. I don't see anyone in this thread DEMANDING Harmonix only cater to their wishes, but I do see a lot of people disappointed that HMX hasn't, and I think that's only natural. We're in the business of buying DLC that we enjoy and when we don't see DLC we enjoy we feel bummed out. I mean, that's just how things go. Whoever confuses that with entitlement really had their buffalo fucked seven ways from Sunday.

Thanks yksi
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I don't know why I bother checking these threads any more. Every time we get a DLC pack from one of my favourite bands, SH throws up a shitstorm about it. The person that wants these 'boring generic rock' artists in Rock Band is ME, because I love this band and this genre. You guys can take your Maiden, your Slayer and your BFMV, now it's my turn to get my Daughtry, Nickelback and Shinedown.

Anyway, I absolutely love Daughtry, but I've got mixed feelings about this pack. Here's my RBA comment since I'm too lazy to type twice:

Quote:
Damn it. I feel exactly the same way I do about the Shinedown pack – I love this band and I’m really happy to see them in Rock Band, but damn, those are BAD choices. It’s Not Over notwithstanding, the other two are slow, poppy ballads, and won’t be very fun to play. Daughtry have so many better songs for this game, like What I Want, Renegade, Over You, but no, the record label gives us two of their slowest, easiest songs.

Also Harmonix, why the hell did It’s Not Over not get the pro upgrade? It’s their biggest song and actually features a decent guitar solo!

Big Daughtry fan here, very disappointed. Meh, I suppose I should be happy we got any at all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
I love this band and I’m really happy to see them in Rock Band, but damn, those are BAD choices.

Yeah that's exactly how I felt about the Phish pack. Stash and Tweezer, especially studio versions, are really kinda shit on everything. It's a little annoying and I totally feel your pain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: