FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/10 DLC: Daughtry 3-Pack
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: 7/10 DLC: Daughtry 3-Pack Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system July 10th, 2012:

• It's Not Over by Daughtry

• No Surprise by Daughtry (OX)

• Crawling Back To You by Daughtry (O)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 11th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Daughtry Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Sound Of The Redeemed by Jonathan Lee(160 MSP)

• Homosuperior by The Main Drag (80 MSP)

• The Truth by Kittie (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• L'alfabeto by Simone Bacchini (80 MSP)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Homosuperior by The Main Drag ($0.99)

• The Truth by Kittie ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
GamingDaze  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh

Last edited by GamingDaze on Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More generic rock. Woo?
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I really don't want to just post how I don't like the DLC, but man this train of modern rock DLC is boring the ever living shit out of me. I honestly can't remember the last DLC I was interested in. I think it was the Hewey Lewis pack like 5 months ago. Actually no, it was the Maiden pack. That was pretty awesome. But before that, it was Hewey Lewis. All the announcements recently have had me immediately responding "Who?" I must be getting too old for this. I'll go back to my rocking chair now.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.

Last edited by DorkmasterFlek on Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Rock Band, but I'm...I'm cheating on you with another rhythm game. She's called Theatrhythm and she loves me much more than you seem to lately. It's not just a fling, either. I bought some DLC, it's real. And it's not Daughtry, either. It's something I love. We've had some good times, but it's time for a break until you can show that you care.

I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these days, Scorehero might finally realize Rock Band doesn't cater only to them <__<

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard anything from them before. Nothing exciting, but nothing bad. Might snag "It's not Over", the other 2 I'll pass on.

Songs: Just over 1000.
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
One of these days, Scorehero might finally realize Rock Band doesn't cater only to them <__<

Being personally bored by DLC releases has nothing to do with entitlement issues.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:
Sorry, Rock Band, but I'm...I'm cheating on you with another rhythm game. She's called Theatrhythm and she loves me much more than you seem to lately. It's not just a fling, either. I bought some DLC, it's real. And it's not Daughtry, either. It's something I love. We've had some good times, but it's time for a break until you can show that you care.

I'm sorry.

I guess that means it's goodbye, because I don't think they will release anymore hard stuff that only caters to a very low percentage of users. They will instead release what will sell well: very popular modern artists. I'm not a fan of it, but if it's what sells, I'm not complaining.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
Mystakin wrote:

Being personally bored by DLC releases has nothing to do with entitlement issues.

When you're posting on a message board about "more generic rock" and "this train of modern rock DLC is boring me" after a Mudvayne release last week, QotSA release 3 weeks ago, BFMV 5 weeks ago, Maiden 6-pack 6 weeks ago (the only 6-pack this year), RATM 8 weeks ago, etc. etc. You either have entitlement issues or don't know what you're talking about. They may not fit your tastes, but none of those are "generic" or "modern" rock.

When you're jokingly posting about how sorry you are that you like Theatrhythm more, a game designed FOR YOUR AUDIENCE, I'm going to think you have entitlement issues. No shit the game aimed at a key demographic you're part of is more fun right now. It doesn't mean that it's somehow HMX's mistake for playing to a demographic that isn't you.

Being bored by DLC has nothing to do with entitlement, posting about how every week the DLC isn't for you is the very definition of entitlement. Sit back, relax, and wait your turn like every.one.else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a week for vox / guitar. Listened to No Surprise and that song interested me greatly, a little indifferent on Crawling Back to You though, If I buy 2/3 I'll end up buying the whole pack though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're entitlement issues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not terrible sounding, but looks sort of boring and there are other things I'm looking to buy first. Probably won't get any of these.

Also, I don't recall getting much classic rock recently unless I'm just forgetful. I do recall Harmonix saying about a year ago classic rock artists are some of the highest sellers.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
ShiftBreaker wrote:

I'm sorry.

I guess that means it's goodbye, because I don't think they will every release hard stuff that only caters to a very low percentage of users.

I've seen ShiftBreaker's posts in the past and I think I have a decent guess that he's not after something stupid hard.

I think like most people who aren't solely radio-rock based (this is no kris statement, I'm just saying) the recent DLC (save the great Maiden pack) has been somewhat of a drought of interesting material. I understand that HMX needs to make money and I'll support them how I can, but I have no interest in songs that are just standard modern rock. (Don't try to argue that these songs are anything unusual in rock because they aren't and you know it.)

I don't need a devil tier flail solo to enjoy RB, and I think most people who have played something like China Cat Sunflower can agree that a relatively easy part can be fun. However, as far as I'm aware, nearly everything HMX has released in the past few months (barring Maiden and the ever unfun (OPINION) Slayer) has been a simple and mostly uninteresting semi-chordy song that fails to hold interest on even the initial playthrough. What solos there are are hardly the sort to inspire praise. When we do get an interesting part (Power and the Passion drums comes to mind) everything else is mediocre.

And maybe yes, it's entitlement to some extent. But it's not the kind I'd think of when someone's saying Scorehero is acting entitled. Anyone still playing this game long term will logically want DLC, this is indisputable. Is it too much to ask that we therefore get DLC that will hold up to this same long haul, rather than entertain us for perhaps a few weeks?

And before the inevitable RBN mention occurs, I personally have loved the RBN since it was brand new and I follow it better than HMX's DLC sometimes. (Knowing what's coming really early helps that I suppose.) However, the RBN is not a place where we will ever get our Metallica or Megadeth or Boston type songs. Certainly there is overlap, Mastodon and The Bronx being prime examples, as well as very notable bands like Atheist and The Dillinger Escape Plan. And the RBN does quell the desire for the interesting charts that HMX has been less and less providing, true enough.

But what of the uninformed, to whom the RBN is intimidating and nigh-impenetrable, with its walls of artists you've never heard of or will again? What of the PS3 users who get a five song "best of" every week? What of the Wii players, cursed by the very company who gave them their console? Certainly they have some right to be annoyed by endless waves of mediocre songs that are not long lasting enjoyment, if you will not allow it to the privileged few to whom the RBN is a treasure trove.

I simply feel that as a long term but smaller market (the vocal minority, perhaps) we have some right to annoyance when a company we support shows no direct support to our desire. (The Maiden pack was a fantastic gift though.) If nothing else, why not allow us to vent our (trivial) annoyance in a harmless way on a dying backwater forum that HMX has little to no presence on?

In the end, who does it hurt to have a few dozen posts saying "meh this isn't for me?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boring poop mainstream rock thank god for kaipa on rbn this week
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: