FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/10 DLC: Daughtry 3-Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I'm curious why you're still not considering the possibility that you are the only one interpreting this as entitlement and it could very well be something as innocent as, say, fans of a popular music game being disappointed that the game isn't providing the type of extra content that they want to pay for. Harmonix has worked hard for a fanbase that will literally say "I want a reason to give you my money" so I don't really think people posting in this thread are actually on opposite sides here. We all just want to enjoy Rock Band and DLC, it's not rocket science.

But is there even a way for someone to say "I find this DLC boring" without you interpreting it as meaning "HMX needs to put out less boring DLC for ME and ME ALONE!"? How would you personally phrase "This DLC is boring me" as to not offend? I'm honestly curious, since you seem to take issue with the wording of those posts more than anything.

*sigh*

Quote:
Hearing the pro upgrade, it's not up my alley. Checking back next week. =P

Quote:
Not awful, but I don't think I want to spend $2 a pop on rock this generic.

Quote:
Never heard anything from them before. Nothing exciting, but nothing bad.

Quote:
Not terrible sounding, but looks sort of boring and there are other things I'm looking to buy first. Probably won't get any of these.

All examples of expressing a disinterest in the DLC without a sense of entitlement.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysty I understand Harmonix' perspective, it just doesn't matter in regards to whether I like something or not. If I went to a restaurant and all they served was food I don't like, I don't care if you told me that is what sells, I'm not going to continue eating there. MTV is a great example, I know absolutely why MTV does everything they do, I know it's a better business model. I still don't care though, I still wish it was filled with music videos for songs I like.

You could go, "hey MTV actually had a Muse concert on a couple days ago" to maybe convince me to start watching again. But if you started talking to me about how Viacom is a publicly traded company with obligations to investors, that isn't going to do a thing to make me watch MTV again.

So less, "boo hoo you're all entitled brats how dare you question the charity Harmonix bestows on us from it's heavenly bosom" and more "I dunno, that Maiden pack was pretty awesome, it's not like we never get stuff you like".
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you absolutely called people "entitled brats" that was your exact wording.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I don't see what's terribly different between "this DLC is boring the shit out of me" and "Not terrible sounding, but looks sort of boring." They're both complaining about the DLC being (supposedly) boring. So why is one poster entitled and the other one not? At this point aren't we just arguing very minor changes in wording and it's pretty much pointless to have this issue come up on a semi-regular basis? I guess I'm not reading deeply into everyone's posts and nobody else seems to be either, so I just don't get where the offense comes from.

For what it's worth, if you want to reply to my/our comments it's probably best to go ahead and take the high road try to make your argument without being sarcastic or condescending, it will help out a lot I'm sure with people understanding/agreeing with you.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old boring choices of music shit. Same old Mystakin going for the deepthroat with HMX as usual shit.
I won't even bother checking out the charts, since for the last year and a half HMX have lost their knack & I know it'll likely be terrible.
Why do I even bother posting in these threads now? I'll end up not buying the DLC anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Quotes like "this train of modern rock DLC is boring the ever living shit out of me."

Oooooh no no no no no no no. Don't go dragging me into this shit show. I didn't say "Harmonix owes me DLC I like". I didn't say "Where the fuck is my Insert Band I Like Here DLC?!" I said I am bored by the trend of DLC over the last several months that has focused on more modern, radio played music.

And it's not like I post that every week. It just felt like such a long run of DLC I find incredibly boring without a single thing that I find engaging that I just had to express my dissatisfaction at this particular moment. Harmonix doesn't owe me shit, but I can sure as hell tell them why they aren't getting my money. I think they might be interested in that.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Mysty I understand Harmonix' perspective, it just doesn't matter in regards to whether I like something or not. If I went to a restaurant and all they served was food I don't like, I don't care if you told me that is what sells, I'm not going to continue eating there. MTV is a great example, I know absolutely why MTV does everything they do, I know it's a better business model. I still don't care though, I still wish it was filled with music videos for songs I like.

You could go, "hey MTV actually had a Muse concert on a couple days ago" to maybe convince me to start watching again. But if you started talking to me about how Viacom is a publicly traded company with obligations to investors, that isn't going to do a thing to make me watch MTV again.

So less, "boo hoo you're all entitled brats how dare you question the charity Harmonix bestows on us from it's heavenly bosom" and more "I dunno, that Maiden pack was pretty awesome, it's not like we never get stuff you like".

yakityyakblah wrote:
Also, you absolutely called people "entitled brats" that was your exact wording.

I was with you until you decided to mock me yet again in your final paragraph. I'd probably take your arguments more seriously if you didn't compulsively insult me during it.

I keep coming back to the same few sentences because you don't seem to be understanding them. I'm not saying you can't dislike things, I'm not saying you have to buy the DLC, I'm not saying you can't walk away. In your example, you walked away from MTV, but the people I'm talking about aren't walking away from RB DLC... they're just whining about it. Hell, JOE2210 got damn near offended that I suggested people upset with DLC walk away for a while. If they do find something else to fill their rhythm needs, (customs, theatrhythm, etc.), they feel compulsed to come BACK to the RB DLC discussion and tell everyone about how RB DLC is letting them down and how much better this other thing is. It's fine that they're having fun elsewhere, but to act like HMX is letting you down by putting out DLC you don't want is absurd.

As for "entitled brats," I was referring to the 2nd half of that sentence. I called them entitled brats for acting as such, not because of some high standard I hold HMX to. Every time you accuse me of that, you just look more and more like you have no real argument against me.

GuitarHailz wrote:
I guess I don't see what's terribly different between "this DLC is boring the shit out of me" and "Not terrible sounding, but looks sort of boring." They're both complaining about the DLC being (supposedly) boring. So why is one poster entitled and the other one not? At this point aren't we just arguing very minor changes in wording and it's pretty much pointless to have this issue come up on a semi-regular basis? I guess I'm not reading deeply into everyone's posts and nobody else seems to be either, so I just don't get where the offense comes from.

For what it's worth, if you want to reply to my/our comments it's probably best to go ahead and take the high road try to make your argument without being sarcastic or condescending, it will help out a lot I'm sure with people understanding/agreeing with you.

One was in reference to a span of DLC, the other is in reference to this week's DLC. One is personal "it bores me" while the other is an observation "This looks boring." It's like asking what's the difference between "This fucking sucks" and "I don't like this." One is pig-headed and obnoxious while the other is an actual statement. Sure, maybe it's semantics, but how you express your opinion is as valuable as the opinion itself.

And I'M the one being sarcastic and condescending? Hold on, let me pull these quotes from Yak and Pieman to see what level of "class" I'm working with here:

Quote:
Wee-woo wee-woo, here comes the fire department, we're here to put out your burning ass pain.

Can you just shut up already? ... Mr. I'm an RBN author and I shill for Rock Band because Harmonix gives me money for it ... probably again because you're an RBN author and all you care about is your little cut of dosh every week.

Quote:
Mystakin, you're not actually getting paid to do pr for Harmonix, you realize that right?

"how dare you question the charity Harmonix bestows on us from it's heavenly bosom"

Sorry, and a late entry from FL4RE
Quote:
Same old Mystakin going for the deepthroat with HMX as usual shit.

And I'm a dick for calling people "entitled brats." Yeah, okay.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread is #Darksiders2.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTHomeslice wrote:

As usual I don't get the cultural reference so I'll assume Darksiders2 is overly long and bereft of joy.
JTHomeslice  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
JTHomeslice wrote:

As usual I don't get the cultural reference so I'll assume Darksiders2 is overly long and bereft of joy.

Close enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
GOD DAMN IT HMX WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULL CRAP I WANT MY AYUMI HAMASAKI THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE BEEN HOLDING OUT ON ME JESUS SHITFUCKING CHRIST I'M GONNA GO SLIT MY FUCKING WRISTS

FUCK YOUR SHIT I WANT MY HATSUNE MIKU

(The only reason I know who she is is because she has a Vita game coming out people are excited about.)
(I just brought up another rhythm game.)
(What have I done.)
(Why am I using parentheses.)
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTHomeslice wrote:

It reminds me of the Country Music Thread
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Daughtry song I would have bought would have been What I Want, so I'm just going to hope for an American Idol three pack with that, Adam Lambert, and something else down the road.

Also, it actually looks like SH has a pretty good tab on what sells well in Rock Band, considering 2009's list of top selling DLC.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful.

The sad part is, Daughtry is one of the better singers/musicians to come from American Idol (which is like saying that there is such a thing as a better-smelling pile of cow dung), but his music is completely generic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: