FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/10 DLC: Daughtry 3-Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TQSG  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
As for who cares about Daughtry, they sure cared back in 2007, at least. But there I go bringing logic into an argument, again. I must be on Daughtry's payroll.

I'm sure that same group from 2007 that's actively playing RB and buying DLC is fucking ecstatic.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stuff...

JOE2210 wrote:
Modern rock is probably the wrong term. Radio rock is more accurate. All American Rejects, Carrie Underwood, Florence + the Machine, Train, P!nk, Paramore, Shinedown, Evanescence, Three Days Grace. That's a good few months of DLC. You're gonna argue there's no marked difference from Rush, Megadeth, Soundgarden, Yes and Queen? Yeah, right.
No, I'm going to argue that Rush, Megadeth, etc. aren't radio rock. Fact is, there's been more non-radio rock than radio rock in recent months. Hell just look at your picks. Carrie Underwood is Country and P!nk is pop, neither are rock. Arguments could be made that Evanescence and Florence + The Machine aren't really radio rock, either. They certainly don't sound like Shinedown or Three Days Grace. It seems to me that you're just placing "songs I don't like" under the radio-rock banner.

Yes, but that's a totally moot point. How is their buying habit more valid, just because there's more?
Is this a real question? Of course their buying habit is more valid because there's more of them. They're a bigger market.

Oh God, you just don't get it do you? RB is a platform for gaming, and platforms tend to be a long term thing. Just like how Modern Warfare people play for months and pick up the DLC, we do that on a weekly basis. We should treat the game like a restaurant, where we only turn up when our specials are on, and go elsewhere? That's nonsense. Especially when you can metaphorically have your specials again and again until a new special you like comes along. You call yourself a fan, and you tell people to stop playing if one week upsets you. Girl please.
Or how about you play some of the DLC you DO like? My point was simply that, to use your metaphor, you don't have to like the new special to enjoy the restaurant and if you're SO upset about the new specials you need to complain about how your needs aren't being met by the food choices, maybe you should go to a new restaurant until they change. Why keep going to a food joint that just upsets you?

Bullshit, you're the most RBN-centric person here. You have a personal bias towards it, as you have money to gain from it. It would have been a losing battle if inv4der HADN'T have mentioned it. I'm more likely to side with the person who is neutral than the person who has monetary gain from RBN.
I do have an RBN incentive, but I also realize that RBN and HMX DLC are different. I seriously wasn't going to bring it up, but I appreciate the wild assumptions you make about my arguments and character.

Of course we realise that, jeez. Did we say that we are the only 2 discrete groups of user? No. But from the same angle, why shouldn't we say are a distinct group? We have different buying habits from the majority, we arguably spend more per capita on RB than the average, I think those qualities DO define us as a different group. I'm sure if somewhere out there, there's a blackened death prog grind splittercore metal RB community, they would be just as opinionated about this trend to radio rock (which there clearly is, don't test me)
I didn't say hardcore players aren't a group... in fact, I very explicitly said they were. I'm saying that they're only one of many groups, and they need to take their place alongside the other groups instead of crying fowl every week that isn't designed for them. Hardcore may buy more songs on average, but there's still more money to be made with breakout hits. Traditionally, songs designed for the hardcore sell poorly compared to the average.

And people making posts like yours and mine don't? If I was a random and wandered in to this thread, EVERYONE including me and yourself would look like entitled asses. And we are, we spend inordinate amounts of money on songs and instruments and play them to death. We made a whole damn subculture around it. Sit back and wait, huh? How about you sit back and not bit the face off of anyone who complains. You're not publicity for RB, you're not publicity for SH, you're not even a mod (AFAIK), so stop trying to backseat mod and police this. You take everything so personally and to heart when it comes to DLC, I just don't get it.
I'm not being entitled about anything, except maybe feeling entitled to a higher standard for discussion. Didn't know I had to be in a position of power to be taken seriously, either, and not entirely sure where I stepped on any mod's toes. If anyone is taking things personally here, it's you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:
Mystakin, you're not actually getting paid to do pr for Harmonix, you realize that right?

He's like toymachine for RB, although toymachine is cool and Mystakin sux.

But the comparison is still valid.

Yeah, trying to inject rationality, reasoning, and sense into an Internet forum means I'm "getting paid to do PR." The price of being sensible, I suppose.

As for who cares about Daughtry, they sure cared back in 2007, at least. But there I go bringing logic into an argument, again. I must be on Daughtry's payroll.

No opinion you have about this can be rational, it's a discussion about music. It can't even begin to enter into objectivity. You act like pr because anytime anyone has an opinion about how they don't like something Harmonix did you start into your several paragraph long dissections of every way you feel their opinions are unfair and how Harmonix is always right and if you disagree you are overly entitled.

This whole "anti entitlement" culture is what really annoys me about this generation. When did it start being a bad thing to expect a company to earn your money? It's your god damn money, you could refuse to give it to a company for whatever reason pops into your head and there isn't a damn thing anyone else should be able to say about it. You don't be rude about it, if someone came in here calling Harmonix a bunch of assholes you can call them out on that. But if someone doesn't like how they're running the dlc they can say what they like about it. It's you who becomes the asshole when you start trying to tell them their opinions aren't valid.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
No opinion you have about this can be rational, it's a discussion about music. It can't even begin to enter into objectivity. You act like pr because anytime anyone has an opinion about how they don't like something Harmonix did you start into your several paragraph long dissections of every way you feel their opinions are unfair and how Harmonix is always right and if you disagree you are overly entitled.

This whole "anti entitlement" culture is what really annoys me about this generation. When did it start being a bad thing to expect a company to earn your money? It's your god damn money, you could refuse to give it to a company for whatever reason pops into your head and there isn't a damn thing anyone else should be able to say about it. You don't be rude about it, if someone came in here calling Harmonix a bunch of assholes you can call them out on that. But if someone doesn't like how they're running the dlc they can say what they like about it. It's you who becomes the asshole when you start trying to tell them their opinions aren't valid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31M_MdSVxV8#t=1m48s
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna bother putting it in the same format, because I have sandwiches to eat and bitches to fuck.

"Songs I don't like"? Firstly, I bought both the Pink and Carrie Underwood packs, and have played the fuck out of them. I LOVED those packs. I am probably the only person here who would buy those over Rush or Maiden.
Secondly, Pink is pop-rock. And as a Brit, I have no exposure to country music. Other than her accent, I would have put it as just rock. Don't get to arguing genres because everyone ends up looking like an ass.

You want a high standard of discussion? Pop off to reddit or else who's target demographic isn't 14 year old socially inept boys.
If you were expecting people to just do a circlejerk of the dominant opinion in these threads, rather than actual discussion, you are sorely...

-puts on glasses-

Mystakin.

-speeds off onto the Miami sunset in a wave of aforementioned sandwiches and bitches-

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand the point of these threads if we can't express negative opinions.

p.s. I like Daughtry and will be buying these songs.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, that's the last time I mention another recent rhythm game on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

I think you'd have gotten a better reaction if Mystakin found out you were actually cheating on him.
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:

First of all, my original post was one line long and almost all of my responses have been more concise than the posts I'm responding to.

Secondly, Harmonix is a business; they make decisions a business would make. That's where the rationality comes into play. I'm not telling anyone to like the music HMX puts out or force them to buy it, that's something you made up in your head somehow. Rather, I'd like to see people quit bitching every time they put out something you don't like as if it's HMX's job to please you and only you. It's not, and it never was.

Lastly, if wanting people to not be spoiled brats is what annoys you about "this generation," you have some warped sensibilities. Though, considering how most of your posts are just potshots at me as a person instead of actual discussion, I guess I shouldn't expect any better.

Quote:
You want a high standard of discussion? Pop off to reddit or else who's target demographic isn't 14 year old socially inept boys.

Are you saying SH's demographic is 14-year old socially inept boys? O.o

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Daughtry was announced I figured that song from GHOT would make it onto RB and now I'm sort of shocked that it didn't...

edit: o maybe because of Slash
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShiftBreaker wrote:

I guess it sparked a good debate?
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:
Lastly, if wanting people to not be spoiled brats is what annoys you about "this generation," you have some warped sensibilities.

I haven't seen anyone act spoiled in this thread. The worst post I have seen is "wow I don't like the dlc this week". Sound the alarm, slide down the fire pole, slip on your boots and turn on the sirens, someone doesn't approve of Harmonix' song choice for the week. Wee-woo wee-woo, here comes the fire department, we're here to put out your burning ass pain.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:

Secondly, Harmonix is a business; they make decisions a business would make. That's where the rationality comes into play. I'm not telling anyone to like the music HMX puts out or force them to buy it, that's something you made up in your head somehow. Rather, I'd like to see people quit bitching every time they put out something you don't like as if it's HMX's job to please you and only you. It's not, and it never was.

Nobody is talking in terms of business, that's something nobody ever actually did before the internet turned people like you into armchair business analysts. They just don't like the dlc this week, and maybe don't like it for the last few weeks. They aren't trying to give business advice to Harmonix, they're voicing their opinion as a customer. If they don't want to buy things from Harmonix anymore, for whatever reason, they are allowed to do that.

Lastly, if wanting people to not be spoiled brats is what annoys you about "this generation," you have some warped sensibilities. Though, considering how most of your posts are just potshots at me as a person instead of actual discussion, I guess I shouldn't expect any better.

Harmonix isn't our parents buying us a new car, we're not jumping up and down screaming because it's the wrong colour. They are a business, if they do what we like, we give them money, if they don't we don't give them money. That's how business works, there is no such thing as entitlement until people start talking about free. If I'm paying money for it I can expect whatever I want, I can come up with any reason I want not to spend money on it. It's up to Harmonix to decide whether catering to my needs as a customer is worth it, sometimes it isn't and sometimes it is. Somehow people have been brainwashed to think that companies doing stuff for us is some kind of charity on their part, it isn't.

Are you saying SH's demographic is 14-year old socially inept boys? O.o

I think they mangled trying to say Reddit is made up of 14 year old socially inept boys?
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Nobody is talking in terms of business, that's something nobody ever actually did before the internet turned people like you into armchair business analysts. They just don't like the dlc this week, and maybe don't like it for the last few weeks. They aren't trying to give business advice to Harmonix, they're voicing their opinion as a customer. If they don't want to buy things from Harmonix anymore, for whatever reason, they are allowed to do that.

Nobody is? I'm pretty sure I was. I'm just giving them the justification for WHY Harmonix is not putting out music they like every week. By the amount people around here complain, I have a hard time believing they actually understand or accept that.

Harmonix isn't our parents buying us a new car, we're not jumping up and down screaming because it's the wrong colour. They are a business, if they do what we like, we give them money, if they don't we don't give them money. That's how business works, there is no such thing as entitlement until people start talking about free. If I'm paying money for it I can expect whatever I want, I can come up with any reason I want not to spend money on it. It's up to Harmonix to decide whether catering to my needs as a customer is worth it, sometimes it isn't and sometimes it is. Somehow people have been brainwashed to think that companies doing stuff for us is some kind of charity on their part, it isn't.

Suddenly it's about business now, I thought no one talked about business on forums except armchair analysts. Bitching about how Harmonix is releasing DLC you don't like is entitlement, I don't see how you can spin it any other way. They expect HMX to release DLC they like, and when that doesn't happen, they get all huffy and have to tell the world about how wronged they've been. As I've said repeatedly, and you've repeatedly ignored, I'm not saying people have to purchase or like what HMX is putting out. I also never said HMX is a charity... or... something. I just get sick of people expecting every week of DLC to be for them when, from a business perspective, it only makes sense for most weeks to NOT be for them. You don't have to like it, but you ought to accept it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert soon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: