FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
7/10 DLC: Daughtry 3-Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
{{stuff}}

Okay. That being said, I'm still not complaining if it what sells the best.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Silly  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
In the end, who does it hurt to have a few dozen posts saying "meh this isn't for me?"

IT HURTS ME HOW DARE YOU WASTE PRIME PIXEL REAL ESTATE ON MY SCREEN WITH YOUR OPINIONS GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU ENTITLED PRICK

This DLC sucks too, good thing I'm still on TU4 or I wouldn't play RB at all anymore

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Xenigma  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not awful, but I don't think I want to spend $2 a pop on rock this generic. No matter, RBN has been treating me very well recently so I'm still pretty happy with DLC of late.

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did someone sign a contract with Cowell's record label?
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singemfrc wrote:
Did someone sign a contract with Cowell's record label?
Satan aside, you mean?
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use "you" a lot in this as the collective "you," not necessarily inv4der specifically.

inv4der wrote:
I think like most people who aren't solely radio-rock based (this is no kris statement, I'm just saying) the recent DLC (save the great Maiden pack) has been somewhat of a drought of interesting material. I understand that HMX needs to make money and I'll support them how I can, but I have no interest in songs that are just standard modern rock. (Don't try to argue that these songs are anything unusual in rock because they aren't and you know it.)

Most of the DLC the past two monthes haven't been modern rock. These songs are, sure, but there is no modern rock trend to speak of.

I don't need a devil tier flail solo to enjoy RB, and I think most people who have played something like China Cat Sunflower can agree that a relatively easy part can be fun. However, as far as I'm aware, nearly everything HMX has released in the past few months (barring Maiden and the ever unfun (OPINION) Slayer) has been a simple and mostly uninteresting semi-chordy song that fails to hold interest on even the initial playthrough. What solos there are are hardly the sort to inspire praise. When we do get an interesting part (Power and the Passion drums comes to mind) everything else is mediocre.

The majority of Rock Band's user base buy songs they like, not songs that are complex (CCS is easy but complex). Their buying habits are just as valid as yours, probably moreso since there's more of them.

And maybe yes, it's entitlement to some extent. But it's not the kind I'd think of when someone's saying Scorehero is acting entitled. Anyone still playing this game long term will logically want DLC, this is indisputable. Is it too much to ask that we therefore get DLC that will hold up to this same long haul, rather than entertain us for perhaps a few weeks?

Maybe playing the game long-term isn't really what people should be doing. Maybe playing other games, like Theatrhythm, and coming back to RB once they DO release songs you like would make you a happier player. It would certainly make you look less entitled(Unless you decide you need to post about how you had to move on to Theatrhythm because HMX just isn't catering to you anymore).

And before the inevitable RBN mention occurs, I personally have loved the RBN since it was brand new and I follow it better than HMX's DLC sometimes. (Knowing what's coming really early helps that I suppose.) However, the RBN is not a place where we will ever get our Metallica or Megadeth or Boston type songs. Certainly there is overlap, Mastodon and The Bronx being prime examples, as well as very notable bands like Atheist and The Dillinger Escape Plan. And the RBN does quell the desire for the interesting charts that HMX has been less and less providing, true enough.

But what of the uninformed, to whom the RBN is intimidating and nigh-impenetrable, with its walls of artists you've never heard of or will again? What of the PS3 users who get a five song "best of" every week? What of the Wii players, cursed by the very company who gave them their console? Certainly they have some right to be annoyed by endless waves of mediocre songs that are not long lasting enjoyment, if you will not allow it to the privileged few to whom the RBN is a treasure trove.

You're arguing against yourself. No one mentioned RBN but you, and I never planned to bring it up. This endless wave of "mediocre" songs are enjoyed by more of the Rock Band audience than you realize or give credit to. They're enjoyed by more people than the complex stuff you and other SHers want.

I simply feel that as a long term but smaller market (the vocal minority, perhaps) we have some right to annoyance when a company we support shows no direct support to our desire. (The Maiden pack was a fantastic gift though.) If nothing else, why not allow us to vent our (trivial) annoyance in a harmless way on a dying backwater forum that HMX has little to no presence on?

Because you aren't the only market, and you don't seem to realize that. There's not two sets of RB players, it's not SH people and non-SH people. It's the hardcore fans, the casual fans, the country fans, the pop fans, the alternative fans, the grunge fans, the Foo Fighters fans, etc. The hardcore is just one of MANY groups that would like to have their music in the game and any single group will get music they like less than music they dislike. That's just how pleasing a wide audience works.

In the end, who does it hurt to have a few dozen posts saying "meh this isn't for me?"

No one said it hurt. I just think SH comes off looking more and more like a group of entitled whiners whenever something they don't like is released. Like I said, just sit back and wait for the stuff you want like everyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
*A huge post full of win*

Part of the problem is that there's already a huge library of stuff in RB. Of course, there are still plenty more big name classic artists we could get, but I also wonder how difficult it is to get the licensing. It's probably harder than I think. I'm guessing the more modern artists must be much easier since they have less pedigree to make ridiculous demands.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly be inclined to agree with mystakin in the "just relax, something will come along that you like" argument. However in this thread personally I found DorkmasterFlek's post civil and level-headed and ShiftBreaker's post humorous. I don't see where the uproar came from at all, honestly, or why any of this should be taken so seriously anyway.

I don't expect Rock Band to cater to me specifically, no, but I do think as loyal fans we have proven with our time and money that we support HMX so a complaint here or there about the quality of DLC isn't some sort of betrayal or acting entitled.

When people act entitled (which DOES happen) it IS annoying, yes, but I really don't think that is the case here.

Regarding the DLC, Daughtry will be good to sing.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin, you're not actually getting paid to do pr for Harmonix, you realize that right?

Don't care about Daughtry, and I mean that literally I have absolutely no feelings about that band one way or the other. I'm not like personally offended by the choices or whatever, but I'm not going to pretend this week's dlc is anything other than a complete non event for me. Are there even a lot of Daughtry fans? I don't mean people that like it okay and wont change the radio, I mean is there anyone that actively cares about it? It just seems so bland to me.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
Mystakin, you're not actually getting paid to do pr for Harmonix, you realize that right?

He's like toymachine for RB, although toymachine is cool and Mystakin sux.

But the comparison is still valid.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
TQSG  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 7/10 - Daughtry 3 Pack Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
I mean is there anyone that actively cares about it?

hmxhenry wrote:
Daughtry makes their long-awaited debut in Rock Band!

Apparently so.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of any of next week's songs. Looking forward to another week where I'm actually excited about DLC.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
I mean is there anyone that actively cares about it? It just seems so bland to me.

It's probably because most of his songs sound the same.

Regardless I will probably be picking up this pack. Will make a pretty good Voxtar pack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystakin wrote:

Most of the DLC the past two monthes haven't been modern rock. These songs are, sure, but there is no modern rock trend to speak of.
Modern rock is probably the wrong term. Radio rock is more accurate. All American Rejects, Carrie Underwood, Florence + the Machine, Train, P!nk, Paramore, Shinedown, Evanescence, Three Days Grace. That's a good few months of DLC. You're gonna argue there's no marked difference from Rush, Megadeth, Soundgarden, Yes and Queen? Yeah, right.

The majority of Rock Band's user base buy songs they like, not songs that are complex (CCS is easy but complex). Their buying habits are just as valid as yours, probably moreso since there's more of them.
Yes, but that's a totally moot point. How is their buying habit more valid, just because there's more?

Maybe playing the game long-term isn't really what people should be doing. Maybe playing other games, like Theatrhythm, and coming back to RB once they DO release songs you like would make you a happier player. It would certainly make you look less entitled(Unless you decide you need to post about how you had to move on to Theatrhythm because HMX just isn't catering to you anymore).
Oh God, you just don't get it do you? RB is a platform for gaming, and platforms tend to be a long term thing. Just like how Modern Warfare people play for months and pick up the DLC, we do that on a weekly basis. We should treat the game like a restaurant, where we only turn up when our specials are on, and go elsewhere? That's nonsense. Especially when you can metaphorically have your specials again and again until a new special you like comes along. You call yourself a fan, and you tell people to stop playing if one week upsets you. Girl please.

You're arguing against yourself. No one mentioned RBN but you, and I never planned to bring it up. This endless wave of "mediocre" songs are enjoyed by more of the Rock Band audience than you realize or give credit to. They're enjoyed by more people than the complex stuff you and other SHers want.
Bullshit, you're the most RBN-centric person here. You have a personal bias towards it, as you have money to gain from it. It would have been a losing battle if inv4der HADN'T have mentioned it. I'm more likely to side with the person who is neutral than the person who has monetary gain from RBN.

Because you aren't the only market, and you don't seem to realize that. There's not two sets of RB players, it's not SH people and non-SH people. It's the hardcore fans, the casual fans, the country fans, the pop fans, the alternative fans, the grunge fans, the Foo Fighters fans, etc. The hardcore is just one of MANY groups that would like to have their music in the game and any single group will get music they like less than music they dislike. That's just how pleasing a wide audience works.
Of course we realise that, jeez. Did we say that we are the only 2 discrete groups of user? No. But from the same angle, why shouldn't we say are a distinct group? We have different buying habits from the majority, we arguably spend more per capita on RB than the average, I think those qualities DO define us as a different group. I'm sure if somewhere out there, there's a blackened death prog grind splittercore metal RB community, they would be just as opinionated about this trend to radio rock (which there clearly is, don't test me)

No one said it hurt. I just think SH comes off looking more and more like a group of entitled whiners whenever something they don't like is released. Like I said, just sit back and wait for the stuff you want like everyone else.
And people making posts like yours and mine don't? If I was a random and wandered in to this thread, EVERYONE including me and yourself would look like entitled asses. And we are, we spend inordinate amounts of money on songs and instruments and play them to death. We made a whole damn subculture around it. Sit back and wait, huh? How about you sit back and not bit the face off of anyone who complains. You're not publicity for RB, you're not publicity for SH, you're not even a mod (AFAIK), so stop trying to backseat mod and police this. You take everything so personally and to heart when it comes to DLC, I just don't get it.

And on topic, I might pick them up, it's an OK week.
Really bummed What I Want isn't in there, because I loved that song on GH:OT.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Mystakin  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
yakityyakblah wrote:

He's like toymachine for RB, although toymachine is cool and Mystakin sux.

But the comparison is still valid.

Yeah, trying to inject rationality, reasoning, and sense into an Internet forum means I'm "getting paid to do PR." The price of being sensible, I suppose.

As for who cares about Daughtry, they sure cared back in 2007, at least. But there I go bringing logic into an argument, again. I must be on Daughtry's payroll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: