FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bass pedal recommendation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kratos  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Bass pedal recommendation Reply with quote

Hi.

I am once again at a point where I need to buy another bass pedal. The original rock band 1 pedal that I had cut out plywood and screwed into it to keep it together has been broken beyond repair.

I need a recommendation as to what kind of pedal I should buy. As for price, I'd like a balance between cost and reliability. I just need a pedal that is reasonably durable, will last me for the foreseeable future. I'm coming here for advice because I've bought a destroyer pedal before that lasted under a year, and I don't want to shell out that kind of money for something that won't last me.

I have an ion pedal at the moment, this would be a 2nd bass pedal for my double bass mod. I prefer using the ion pedal as the 2nd pedal, so this would be used as the primary one.

Thanks guys
KiNGY0Y0  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to post on here without actually giving you an answer, but I also need some recommendations for pedals. I beat the shit out of them, so I need one that is made of titanium :P
Hopefully we get some advice though.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For durability and cost: This fucking thing.

As one Mr Youhas says, "it's made from industrial hate..."

Probably not really suited for what you want it for though
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of those, but it's a pain to use.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you still have your Destroyer pedal? If so, get a beater for it, and get a kick trigger like the Yamaha KP65 and a Kickbox. Around $100 or so after everything, and it'll never fail. Have had a similar setup for 2+ years, still strong as ever.

If you really want double bass, you may as well just get this: http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/drum-rocker-double-kick-expansion-kit

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
Do you still have your Destroyer pedal? If so, get a beater for it, and get a kick trigger like the Yamaha KP65 and a Kickbox. Around $100 or so after everything, and it'll never fail. Have had a similar setup for 2+ years, still strong as ever.

If you really want double bass, you may as well just get this: http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/drum-rocker-double-kick-expansion-kit
I can vouch for this, I use real pedals on a KP-65 and have been for a year and a half.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to shred through my bass pedals very quickly. It sucks -_-
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even joking, just go to a music store and buy a real pedal and a tower. I have not regretted it AT ALL and have yet to have any sort of over/double hitting. Best thing about real drum pedals is that they are able to be fine tuned to just how YOU play.

And if you're going to double bass, don't combo different pedals. The last thing you need is different tension and feel across your pedals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: