FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/26 DLC: Carrie Underwood 3-Pack!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: 6/26 DLC: Carrie Underwood 3-Pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system June 26th, 2012:

• Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood (O)

• Cowboy Cassanova by Carrie Underwood (O)

• Good Girl by Carrie Underwood (X)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 27th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Carrie Underwood Pack 01”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Talk Them Down by The Main Drag(80 MSP)

• Impulse (2x Bass Pedal) by An Endless Sporadic (80 MSP)

• Welcome To The Skalocaust by Sunny Side Up (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

-None-
RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Impulse by An Endless Sporadic ($0.99)

• Creatures ov Deception (RB3 version) by Rainbowdragoneyes ($0.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmonix trying to appeal to all the wives and girlfriends out there, a smart move. The country music genre is somewhat unbalanced as it is in Rock Band so it's good to see some variety.

Personally I haven't been aware enough of country music to know any of these songs other than "Before He Cheats." But it will be a good week for vocalists at least. But you never know, maybe there will be a surprise like Sin Wagon. In fact one of my favorite songs to play is "Mud on the Tires" which is good fun on guitar. Don't judge too quickly folks.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: DLC Week of 6/26- Carrie Underwood! Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
This pack is going to sell like crazy and you know it. Also, I'm pretty sure that Before He Cheats is a guilty pleasure of at least half the people on this board, so I have no problem admitting that I'm looking forward to it.

This. I enjoy her music a lot, no shame in admitting this either, so a definite instabuy week for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy Cowboy Casanova, so that will be the pick up for me this week.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing here for me.
uSound  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction when I saw the announcement was a simple monotonous "lameeee" and then I went on with my business. I wish people on other sites wouldn't be so butthurt about the song choices.

I'm getting Before He Cheats though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one big poop in OP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
The country music genre is somewhat unbalanced as it is in Rock Band so it's good to see some variety.

Two dedicated track packs is unbalanced? That's more than any other genre got. I guess I wasn't aware country was just that popular. It seems like it should be a more niche thing. I personally don't know a single person who likes any of the country stuff.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect this DLC announcement, but I have to admit I'll cave and get it. Even one of my friends who "hates country music" admitted to liking "Before he Cheats" the other day.
thespike  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Bront  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say Meh, but after listening to them, they might be fun, and the wife might enjoy them. Will probably hold off and have her listen to them.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Country is not fun to play on any instrument. this makes me sad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
The country music genre is somewhat unbalanced as it is in Rock Band so it's good to see some variety.

Two dedicated track packs is unbalanced? That's more than any other genre got. I guess I wasn't aware country was just that popular. It seems like it should be a more niche thing. I personally don't know a single person who likes any of the country stuff.

If you look at country songs as a percentage of DLC as a whole (and especially once you factor in RBN), yeah, it's pretty underrepresented. If you go to any remotely rural area in the US, it's all they listen to. I think that you could make the argument pretty easily that (next to hip-hop, obviously) it's the most blatantly ignored genre in the game.

According this this article, sales for Country and its subgenres were at 42,923,000 last year as opposed to 105,685,000 for Rock, and I highly doubt that ROCK Band (yes, let's get the distinction of the game's title out of the way now) has a DLC ratio anywhere close to that roughly 2/1 mark. This is an extreme simplification, of course- the amount of people in those rural areas play the game less, don't have access to high-speed internet as much as those who do buy DLC, play videogames less in general, etc.- TL;DR, they're not the target audience.

However, in a more practical sense, I think that any night at a suburban (or even hipster) karaoke bar will tell you that Carrie's style of pop-country is extremely popular with women. I've seen panties drop to renditions of Keith Urban and Luke Bryan songs faster than damn near anything else.

/Whew. Maybe I should've put this in either the Music or Rant II threads.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I will admit 2012 is a dark year for DLC (minus the Maiden Epics and Slayer packs, of course), unlike most of you, I can actually find positives in all of these packs. I don't really mind these songs.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: