FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 07/04/03)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
Yeah, I've got a new pack that includes the latest stuff, or at least most of it.
http://ge.tt/8f2aVwf/v/7

I still can't keep up with the RBN stuff since they come out with such density, plus the fact it's difficult to track down Wii versions of those. Some need a songs.dta file and I can't understand why because they only complicate things for me. They can and should be on an on-demand basis due to how limited their popularity was on Wii.

Otherwise, all the new Harmony and Pro Guitar additions are there.

For the pro drums stuff, you can ostensibly skip the songs.dta files if you want -- I included them in there for the odd tonic and for the eventual harmony upgrade, but it's not necessary to have them at this point.

Ah, good. Because I've been leaving the Xbox versions in there while updating the upgrades.dta for some of them to have the default Wii path.

So moving on to the Wii section, what else should I provide to further explain things? As it it right now, I'm just converting the archives, so there really only has to be a master package, especially since DLC on Wii didn't start until 2009. My two guides seem to explain everything thoroughly, but perhaps a more focused, trimmed version could be required? The support email might be the most important part since I can usually answer the questions people have just fine.
espher  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to link to your thread as the "Installation Guide", provide a link to the archive you've put together (as you say, only one file is fine), and then list a contact e-mail. I think that should be sufficient for now, but if there was anything else, let me know.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
espher  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi -- after four hours or so of pain-in-the-ass troubleshooting (probably closer to five, actually), we should have a playable Summer of '69 chart.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
fyi -- after four hours or so of pain-in-the-ass troubleshooting (probably closer to five, actually), we should have a playable Summer of '69 chart.

You described the problem as an empty hand animation part. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't editing out the track part in a hex editor accomplish the same thing? That's what I did, but if the fixed version changed, I'll go ahead and correct that as well.

Or actually, you add it before it goes in the sheet?
espher  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetsu wrote:
espher wrote:

You described the problem as an empty hand animation part. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't editing out the track part in a hex editor accomplish the same thing? That's what I did, but if the fixed version changed, I'll go ahead and correct that as well.

I described that as the problem, because that was a problem with what I had identified looking at the .mid file in Reaper, but removing it didn't fix the problem.

So I spent four hours of troubleshooting trying to figure out what it actually was. I still didn't figure it out, and ended up re-charting it by hand, and that version worked fine.

Koetsu  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Koetsu wrote:
espher wrote:

I described that as the problem, because that was a problem with what I had identified looking at the .mid file in Reaper, but removing it didn't fix the problem.

So I spent four hours of troubleshooting trying to figure out what it actually was. I still didn't figure it out, and ended up re-charting it by hand, and that version worked fine.

Oh, I understand now. So I guess my pack is still wrong...
I'll fix it next release or when I find more DTAs.
espher  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late copy-pasta announcement is two days late.

This week we're bringing a fairly tangible, vaguely holiday-themed upgrade into the mix, to celebrate your silly little violence fueled departure from the glorious British Empire that would birth the illustrious Commonwealth.

Also, GreenPanda12 starts authoring harmonies. Please give him a round of applause!

Rock Band DLC 2007 Harmony Upgrades
* All-American Rejects - “Dirty Little Secret” (GreenPanda12)
* All-American Rejects - “Move Along” (GreenPanda12)

Rock Band DLC 2008 Harmony Upgrades
* All-American Rejects - “Real World” (GreenPanda12)
* The Presidents of the United States of America - “Dune Buggy” (espher)
* The Presidents of the United States of America - “Feather Pluckn” (espher)
* The Presidents of the United States of America - “Ladybug” (espher)

Rock Band DLC 2009 Harmony Upgrades
* All-American Rejects - “Gives You Hell” (GreenPanda12)
* Night Ranger - “(You Can Still) Rock in America” (espher)
* Spinal Tap - “America” (espher)
* Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - “American Girl (Live)” (espher)

Rock Band DLC 2010 Harmony Upgrades
* Carrie Underwood - “All-American Girl” (espher)
* Jimmy Eat World - “Bleed American” (GreenPanda12)
* Pantera - “The Underground in America” (espher)
* Violent Femmes - “American Music” (espher)

Updated/Revised Older Charts
* PROGB: The Buzzcocks - “Ever Fallen in Love” (columbo777) - Additional chart fixes.
* DLC09: Foo Fighters - “Wheels” (Mr. Underhill) - Moved one part in the chorus from H1/H2 to H2/H3.
* PROGB: Oasis - “Wonderwall” (xEpiDeMiiKxx) - Fixed a typo in the upgrades.dta file which caused a crash.
* LRB: Rascall Flatts - “Life is a Highway” (espher) - Changed HARM2/3 placement in a phrase due to a Triple Awesome issue.

Whew.

ziagg  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm a relative newbie, I want to ask for some help...

For now all I'm interested in is the "Final Countdown" keys upgrade. I have the Lego export running fine on RB3, did the packager correctly with correct folder structure, got my output files, deleted song cache via party buffalo, inserted the output files.

In short I really think I considered everything that is in the Installation Guide, but keys are not showing up for that song in the game. What else do I need to do or can I try?
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the keys/harmonies show up when you view your song list after building with the hard drive disconnected?

Do they show up when you view your song list after building with the hard drive connected (but before deleting the dummy package)?

Do you have the same Title Update on both your USB drive and hard drive?

ziagg  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:
Do the keys/harmonies show up when you view your song list after building with the hard drive disconnected?

Do they show up when you view your song list after building with the hard drive connected (but before deleting the dummy package)?

Do you have the same Title Update on both your USB drive and hard drive?

Hey, thanks a lot for the helping hand - I'll check everything again when I'm home.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time.

The reason I'm asking the first two questions is because it narrows down potential causes if we know where in the process it breaks. The last question is because this step often gets missed and will cause the tracks to disappear when you delete the dummy. :3

ziagg  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee I made it. Turns out it was just me being stupid. It works!

Man I can play "Final Countdown" on keys now, I am happy like a child : ))

Thanks again.
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. ;)

balisheja  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be asking but where can I donwload the songs every link sends me to youtube to see the songs.
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balisheja wrote:
Sorry to be asking but where can I donwload the songs every link sends me to youtube to see the songs.

The Downloads tab has links to the packager and instructions, as well as links to the packages. You can download the Master package to get everything and then filter out what you don't want if that's easiest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: