FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shortest and Longest solos
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Shortest and Longest solos Reply with quote

What do you think the shortest and longest guitar solos are?

AFAIK the longest solo is I Heard It Through The Grapevine by CCR.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!

Last edited by expertwin on Fri May 25, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the shortest solos are on "By Your Command" by Devin Townsend, and are random charting by the authors, in theme with the Ziltoid songs breaking the game.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Shortest and Longest solo Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:

Pick Me Up by Dinosaur Jr. and The Way That It Shows by Richard Thompson both end with solos that are about 3 minutes long. Also, Blue Sky.

Also, you can't forget Green Grass & High Tides and Freebird.

Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Shortest and Longest solo Reply with quote

Metalhead911 wrote:
expertwin wrote:

Pick Me Up by Dinosaur Jr. and The Way That It Shows by Richard Thompson both end with solos that are about 3 minutes long. Also, Blue Sky.

Also, you can't forget Green Grass & High Tides and Freebird.

Heard it Through the Grapevine's solo is about 5 minutes long, so I'm pretty sure it beats all of those.
jawnintendo  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longest:
In terms of # of notes, GGaHT is, but just barely more than Free Bird.

In terms of real time, I Heard It Through The Grapevine

Shortest: Hell if I know.

In the event of a code red, please do not orgasm over an accomplishment of an elite player. That is because the player is currently in the zone. You will run of out of jizz before he is finished.
Thank you for listening and please save all orgasms for the end of the ride.

Accomplishments | 17/82 Pro Guitar FCs | 70/83 Pro Bass FCs | 55/63 Pro Keys FCs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jawnintendo
AmusedGryphon  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a solo that's actually vaguely solo-y, and note a weird charting thing (Like the Ziltoid songs) then I thing Wave of Mutilation is like 5 seconds long.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmusedGryphon wrote:
If you want a solo that's actually vaguely solo-y, and note a weird charting thing (Like the Ziltoid songs) then I thing Wave of Mutilation is like 5 seconds long.

Yeah. By Your Command has multiple solo sections that are like a measure long, at most, but those are only in there as Ziltoid "breaking" the game; they aren't real solos.

but if you're just talking about solo sections, then those are probably the shortest.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmusedGryphon wrote:
In terms of notes, 2112 Part 7 has a 6 note solo, but it's about 25 seconds long.

WoM is about 7 seconds long, for reference.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first solo in Rust In Peace... Polaris is about 4.5 seconds long.

WE HAVE A WINNER
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
The first solo in Rust In Peace... Polaris is about 4.5 seconds long.

WE HAVE A WINNER

"Five Magics" (also by Megadeth) has four very short solos present in the first verse. The shortest is the last one (in Verse 1B), which only lasts 3 fucking seconds.

As a side note, the fourth solo in 2112 (first solo in Grand Finale) might contain the least amount of notes. There's only 6 notes total in it and it's a heavyweight contender for being the easiest solo ever in the game (excluding "By Your Command," of course)

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63

Last edited by PuppetMaster9 on Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aT9Jn6a6is

4:16-4:17 or so, that's probably about 1 second long. But again, it's not a "real" solo. But in terms of authored solo sections, it's good to have it noted.
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:

4:16-4:17 or so, that's probably about 1 second long. But again, it's not a "real" solo. But in terms of authored solo sections, it's good to have it noted.
It's also 5 notes, thereby satisfying both criteria.
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

It's also 5 notes, thereby satisfying both criteria.

If you want an even better example, watch 6:15. It only lasts about .25 seconds and contains 3 notes.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of bass, the longest solo is probably either the one in You Should Be Dancing or the one in Rime, unless one of the few others is longer.

Shortest would also be the 3 note "band solo" in BYC.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two other really short guitar solos are The Power of Equality (8 notes, about 8 seconds long) and This Means War solo 1 (10 notes, about 10 seconds long)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: