FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/22 DLC: Iron Maiden Epics 6-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bront  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
singemfrc wrote:
Bront wrote:
2n2 wrote:
Didn't they originally say that there was a possibility of re-sorting in the future? What if they release a patch in the future to re-enable RB2 Spoonman & Give it Away. Might they work a re-sort into that?
They said it could happen. They also said they might be able to fix the PS3 XMB boot issue.

Also, how do they "re-enable" Spoonman and Give It Away when they've never exported or been downloadable (Unless they hid them in the RB2 export, which seems silly).
Thats not silly at all, since they did exactly that with dani california and black hole sun.

Dani California and BHS were exportable to RB2. Spoonman and GiA were never exportable to begin with.
No. those actually exported in RB1 for RB2, but weren't playable in RB3 till they ironed out the license. A better comparison to Spoonman and Give It Away are Enter Sandman, Paranoid (cover) and Run to the Hills (cover), which never exported from RB1.

Songs: Just over 1000.
xX666Xx  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got Gold Star on bass SIGHTREAD of Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
My score after that was:
Must be not only the highest bass score I've ever got but also the highest single instrument score in any Rock Band song!
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX666Xx wrote:
My score after that was:
Must be not only the highest bass score I've ever got but also the highest single instrument score in any Rock Band song!

Dear god imagine the pro bass chart for that.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
xX666Xx wrote:
My score after that was:

Should break 2 million once people do more work.

I can verify that even with an FC standard bass is not the highest scoring part. Both 2112 and Where the Light Was Born guitar go over 900k, with WTLWB with over 990k.

Still, it's the highest scoring bass song, and the highest non-drums streak in RB. 897911 is first place with a 4453 note streak.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
johnnyhala wrote:
During the '80's Nicko must have been in crazy physical shape.

He still is if the way he played during the Somewhere Back in Time tour is any indication. 91 concerts in 10 months. That's pretty fucking insane if you ask me. And none of the members skipped a beat. Iron Maiden's the only band I know with dudes in their late 50s that can play and sing just like they did 30 years ago.

I'd put Rush on that short list as well, based on my own experience seeing them a few years ago in Toronto. It was a 2.5 hour set that was all kinds of epic.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Kluuz  

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that this pack got me back to playing RB. I applaud you Harmonix, you're not as bad as I thought you were...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kluuz PSN Name: Kluuz
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
xX666Xx wrote:
My score after that was:

Should break 2 million once people do more work.

I can verify that even with an FC standard bass is not the highest scoring part. Both 2112 and Where the Light Was Born guitar go over 900k, with WTLWB with over 990k.

Still, it's the highest scoring bass song, and the highest non-drums streak in RB. 897911 is first place with a 4453 note streak.

If they have the exact same notestreak, an FC w/o OD should yield over 1.5 million, not accounting for holds of any kind. 2 million should be a piece of cake <_<

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...picked up this pack and what a disappointment. Who was the fucking moron who decided on using trill lanes all over the place? I mean seriously? They're the most broken piece of shit on this engine, and it has made solos ( that are stupidly charted to begin with) almost impossible to FC.
They Do Not Work...Stop Using The Damn Things.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, trill lanes are not that bad if you bother to learn how they work. The only times they are wonky is when they're sequenced oddly. >__>

Secondly, people who only play guitar on this pack are kinda stupid. Give bass a try. (Or drums if you can play them.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
First off, trill lanes are not that bad if you bother to learn how they work. The only times they are wonky is when they're sequenced oddly. >__>

Secondly, people who only play guitar on this pack are kinda stupid. Give bass a try. (Or drums if you can play them.)

Eh, I find bass boring when I play it. Just doesn't do it for me.
Also they really don't work. I spent about 15 mins trying to FC the solo in Rime of the Ancient Mariner, those trills would be easy under normal circumstances. And I didn't hit them once...
It is the same with all of the others in the pack...and trill lanes in general.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Also they really don't work. I spent about 15 mins trying to FC the solo in Rime of the Ancient Mariner, those trills would be easy under normal circumstances. And I didn't hit them once...

I feel the same way about Bass. I find that a lot of songs on Bass are rather easy, which makes most songs boring.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Did you try something other than Icarus from this pack or is this the standard "Oh I had to play Enter Sandman once in RB1 in band and it was boring so I don't like bass" shtick?

If you are willing to humor me: what makes Rime bass more boring than the same song's guitar part?

There really is a trick to lanes, if you know it they're really not too bad. It's just that most people try to play them like normal trills, fail to hit them, yell at HMX that they're broken and give up.

In the interest of humoring you I played the section of lanes you mention (Gtr Solo B) I was able to hit all the lanes within a couple tries and much less than the 15 minutes you gave yourself. All I did was to just strum the start of each set of lanes and spam the high note. >__>

Now I know I'm not as good at RB guitar as you and I'm fully willing to admit this fact. So there's an odd discrepancy in the fact that I can figure out the trick to lanes when they have apparently eluded you.

I dunno how willing to help he is, but BOD is very good at lanes. Try asking him for help on them or something.

GHFan doesn't get any more response to his very generalized opinion than this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to learn how to cheese trill lanes then I think they really missed the boat on making them easier...
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
inv4der wrote:

Did you try something other than Icarus from this pack or is this the standard "Oh I had to play Enter Sandman once in RB1 in band and it was boring so I don't like bass" shtick?

If you are willing to humor me: what makes Rime bass more boring than the same song's guitar part?

Oh I wasn't just talking about the epics...I do mean bass in general. Sure there are some really fun ones (A Slight Amplification, YYZ & Panic attack stick out, but there are a fair few fun bass songs), but for the most part every time I have played a song on bass, it ends up just being a stream of the same colour with a couple of fret changes per verse, which I know isn't far from a lot of guitar charts but to me it just isn't as fun. I'll probably give the epics a chance though since I'm hoping Steve Harris deviated from gallop-hell

There really is a trick to lanes, if you know it they're really not too bad. It's just that most people try to play them like normal trills, fail to hit them, yell at HMX that they're broken and give up.

Haha that sounds like me in a nutshell...hell I'll give your method a go to see if it helps, but the worst part is starting the 2nd BY trill, I always miss for no reason at all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: