FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/15 DLC: Paramore 3-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME week. Paramore, along with Pearl Jam, have some of the most consistenly insanely fun drum charts of any band in the franchise. And I'm so glad these tracks are all from before their drummer left - Ignorance will be INCREDIBLE on drums.

Obligatory bleh at TOE getting the upgrade but at least it's a Protar song I can use to woo girls with. We already have a fast Paramore pro chart anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuck. Less Evanescence. Less Paramore. MORE EPICA (or other female-fronted bands that are actually [in my opinion] good).
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
I'm a little confused by the pro upgrade.

Harmonix seems to have seen how strange this choice might seem before putting it up, so they made sure to add in the announcement post that 'the only exception' happens to be "the band’s most commercially successful single to date." given a fact like that, it doesn't seem like such a bad choice for them.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
I'm a little confused by the pro upgrade.

Harmonix seems to have seen how strange this choice might seem before putting it up, so they made sure to add in the announcement post that 'the only exception' happens to be "the band’s most commercially successful single to date." given a fact like that, it doesn't seem like such a bad choice for them.

Normally I accept that just fine, but the fact that none of these songs are obscure in any way makes me a little bit more confused. Like, if the other two songs weren't also incredibly well known, I'd be like "hey, yeah, they gotta cater to the song that'll sell the best," but when all the songs in a pack are so popular, I'm not sure why they'd choose a relatively boring one. Maybe because they want stylistic variety, so they choose an acousticy song, but with Drops of Jupiter (or whatever the Train song is called, I think that's it) getting a pro upgrade two weeks ago...

I don't know. I'm not trying to complain needlessly, as I probably wouldn't grab the pro upgrade regardless of which track it is, but it just struck me as a little odd.
Fr0z3nD3m1s3  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pack. 2/3 songs ain't bad for me for this week. Can't get all three because I spent my money on Minecraft.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll get BBBB probably

wish it got the upgrade though
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
I'm a little confused by the pro upgrade. The Only Exception seems like far and away the most boring guitar/bass part.

I also assumed it wasn't all that popular since it was the only one in the pack I didn't know, but then I checked youtube and the video has 51 million views. So... Guess it is popular. Woo?

This was way overplayed on the radio, and is actually one of their most popular songs (if not the most popular). Personally I can't stand this song, it is so uneventful and boring to the point it puts me to sleep. I don't see why they couldn't choose a better option.

Because it wasn't as popular as the one they chose?
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmonix once again chooses the worst song for Protar. They almost never get it right (exceptions [ha] include the Huey Lewis pack, the weeks where every song got Protar, the David Bowie pack...)
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadface

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paramore seem to occupy the two extremes as far as I'm concerned - when they're good, they're *really* good; when they're not, they're so boring I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to them. So, on that, 'Ignorance' is brilliant and I'll get that as soon as it's out, the other two I'll leave.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
gwakamoley  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably get Ignorance and Brick by Boring Brick. The Only Exception doesn't interest me at all as a drummer. The others sound pretty fun.
uSound  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the entire pack because I'm happy with it all. TOE with pro upgrade makes sense due to popularity and the fact that Misery Business already has pro. Let's be honest, Ignorance is basically the second part to MB. Also, I don't believe there are too many acoustic songs for pro and I don't think there have been too many ridiculously easy songs lately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uSound wrote:
Also, I don't believe there are too many acoustic songs for pro and I don't think there have been too many ridiculously easy songs lately.

It might not be the /easiest/, but we did get this two weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZ4xzhnXk0
uSound  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
uSound wrote:
Also, I don't believe there are too many acoustic songs for pro and I don't think there have been too many ridiculously easy songs lately.

It might not be the /easiest/, but we did get this two weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZ4xzhnXk0

That's true. When looking at all of the pro DLC, I still feel like adding another easy song wouldn't hurt. (Then again, it's not my main instrument or anything, so maybe my opinion is slightly flawed.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
BathTub  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably pick these up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: