FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3Maker error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fab4  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: RB3Maker error Reply with quote

Hi. Downloaded a .con file for a song from The Beatles:Rock Band. I want to change the album art in the .con file. After changing the .bmp file I tried to make an rb3con file with RB3Maker and these files extracted from the original .con file: <song>.dta, <song>.mid , <song>.milo_xbox, <song>.moog, <song>_keep.png_xbox. When I run RB3Maker I get the following:

Pass: C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\RB3 Customs\songs.dta is present
Pass: song name is okay - (name
Error parsing C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\RB3 Customs\songs.dta: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at WindowsFormsApplication1.frmRB3Maker.ParseSongsDta(String filename)

Any ideas on what this error is and more importantly how to fix it? Is there an easier way to do what I am trying to do (change the album art in a .con file)?
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: RB3Maker error Reply with quote

fab4 wrote:

Any ideas on what this error is and more importantly how to fix it? Is there an easier way to do what I am trying to do (change the album art in a .con file)?

RB3Maker's parser can only handle songs.dta files created by Magma, as Dorkmaster Flek discovered in the RB3Maker thread.

I'll have a quick go at making it more flexible tonight. If you can pm me your songs.dta, it will help.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: RB3Maker error Reply with quote

Just sent PM
psymatiq  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

open the con with lefluffie instead and inject a new keep file and fix.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I get/make a new keep file? (Is that the <song>_keep.png_xbox file?)
Technicolor  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fab4 wrote:
How do I get/make a new keep file? (Is that the <song>_keep.png_xbox file?)

RB3Maker does this each time you create an rb3con:

- Translate <song>.bmp (256x256, 24-bit) into <song>.png
- Translate <song>.png into <song>.dds (dxt format, which includes a mipmap that the XBox uses as an icon)
- Translate <song>.dds into <song>_keep.png_xbox (a goofy format with its own header instead of the dxt header, and byte swapping just to be annoying)

Right now RB3Maker doesn't have the option to just use <song>_keep.png_xbox if it's already there - it always does the conversion. It's on my one-of-these-days list.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Got it to work using Le Fluffie to extract the files, added a bmp that contained the desired artwork and rebuilt the con with RB3Maker.

Can anyone explain or point me to information on how to use Le Fluffie??? I can open files and extract them but haven't figured out how to inject or replace (what's the difference between them?) files on the Contents Tab or how to Rebuild from the Main Page. No matter what I do, when I re-open the con, nothing has changed. I've spent hours looking for a guide/info/tutorials but all I can find is how to unlock achievements, or increase game scores or add games to profiles. Great stuff I'm sure, but not what I want. I just want to manipulate files. Too bad such a well made program apparently has such poor documentation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: