FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
5/8 DLC: Rage Against The Machine 3-Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong about "YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME," but I got "MOTHER UH" right. 1/2 ain't bad.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No trill lanes, but they still cannot chart even a simple solo for shit now. Triple strumming? Not with Harmonix, and apparently a simple trill with a whammy pedal is now god knows what.
And lets not even go there about the drums. To quote iHomer:

iHomer wrote:
Sad that the worst charting I've ever seen comes from the makers of the game themselves.

Nice one Harmonix...nice one.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with strum lanes and shit, I thought this Killing in the Name guitar chart was the most fun out of all the ones we've seen in rhythm games (that is... GH2 and GHSH).
bclare  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not terribly happy with the KITN strum lanes; I think it's having hammerons in the lanes that makes it so finicky?

Bombtrack guitar is really fun though, aside from the most unnecessary trill lanes ever (4 fucking notes, cmon)
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say Fat Kid bass still holds the title of worst charting ever - at least KITN's drum chart actually has some connection to the drums being played - but that is definitely not a good use of roll lanes. I think in general roll lanes with bass under them are almost never a good idea.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: 5/8 DLC: Rage Against The Machine 3-Pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system May 8th, 2012:

• Bombtrack by Rage Against The Machine (X)

• Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine

• Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 9th)

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Rage Against the Machine Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• Still Alive by Jonathan Coulton ft. Sara Quin(160 MSP)

• Cheesy Pop Song by A Talking Fish (80 MSP)

• Turnpike Ghost by Steel Train (160 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Controller by Within The Ruins (160 MSP)

• Wish I Was Dead by Harbour Grace (80 MSP)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• The Plot To Bomb The Panhandle by A Day To Remember ($1.99)

• Force Feedback by Machinae Supremacy ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having technical difficulties adding Still Alive (RBN)..will be added asap.
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the drums are fucked, but at least the vox tierings are correct... oh wait Bombtrack is tier 2.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
So the drums are fucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

fixed that for you. Bombtrack and Sleep are difficult (but fun) though at least
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Still Alive" (the JoCo one, not the other one) was already supposed to be previously enabled back in February, so I guess the issue with the store never got fixed? It's still showing it as needing scoretracking.

PROTIP: For people on Xbox, when viewing the "Manage Scores", "Browse Scores", or "Top Scores" pages, the entry for Still Alive that has the Xbox logo next to it is the one by World Minus One, while the one that is missing the Xbox logo next to it is the Jonathan Coulton one. I determined this by looking at the song IDs and which one also had a corresponding PS3 entry since only the Jonathan Coulton one is available on PS3 (6224 is World Minus One, 6785 is Jonathon Coulton).

However, the Xbox logo link next to the World Minus One version seems to want to go to the Jonathon Coulton purchase page (though the links no longer work since they changed the Xbox website)... The World Minus One version has an Xbox ID that ends in 0869 while the JoCo one ends in 0914.

Summary:
World Minus One version - Xbox ID ends in 0869, song ID 6224, Xbox link on Manage Scores page goes to wrong version, Xbox ID correct in store

Jonathon Coulton version - Xbox ID ends in 0914, song ID 6785, has corresponding PS3 entry, no Xbox link on Manage Scores page, Xbox ID correct in store

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird..dunno what happened. Will enable 4 songs next week then. The JoCo one was listed as the top voted song when I did DLC this afternoon.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source of the problem got fixed back in February (i.e. to prevent it from happening again for songs sharing the same title), but it appears the data itself was never fixed for that song. It was added correctly for scoretracking, but the RBN/store status was never updated and as such it was still open for votes and appeared to not be enabled for scoretracking from the store page.

I just processed the updates manually and changed the song names for distinction in scoretracking, so everything should be fixed now. Sorry for the confusion.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JCirri and singemfrc!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! Just looked at the guitar chart for KitN, and the one place in the solo where I figured special lanes would be justified (the trills in the second half) is the one place where they don't get used! And, of course, forced strums in places that I GUARANTEE you Tom Morello wasn't strumming at. Now I haven't been one to complain about bad charting, but between this, the Slayer pack, the Rush pack, Pulse of the Maggots, et cetera...

Seriously, are there still people working at HMX that Scorehero has contacts with? Because I really want to know whether or not this is all the work of the same charter, as has been theorized. It would be nice to at have some confirmation, at the least.

Gonna go back to lurking again, now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mister Salami
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerWaffelappen wrote:
Oh wow! Just looked at the guitar chart for KitN, and the one place in the solo where I figured special lanes would be justified (the trills in the second half) is the one place where they don't get used! And, of course, forced strums in places that I GUARANTEE you Tom Morello wasn't strumming at. Now I haven't been one to complain about bad charting, but between this, the Slayer pack, the Rush pack, Pulse of the Maggots, et cetera...

Seriously, are there still people working at HMX that Scorehero has contacts with? Because I really want to know whether or not this is all the work of the same charter, as has been theorized. It would be nice to at have some confirmation, at the least.

Gonna go back to lurking again, now.

Inb4Mystakin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: