FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Amberian Dawn: Where to start?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Amberian Dawn: Where to start? Reply with quote

I've been craving some power metal lately, and Amberian Dawn has it in spades. The problem is the same as with tying to break into Chaotrope; where to begin. I bought Shallow Waters back when it first came out, and I've been pretty indifferent to it (meh verses, and a solo that's too hard for me to enjoy).

So what are the most enjoyable Amberian Dawn songs, be it for guitar, keys, drums, or as a full band?

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lullaby is quite fun on guitar, though it is one of few without a solo. I also really love playing Blackbird on keys. And most of them are fun on drums if you ask me.

sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought about 20 of them and I find that while I like them they are just way to difficult on Guitar for me to enjoy (for the most part). For me, River of Tuoni is the best one they have though, you should pick that one up
Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a couple Amberian Dawn songs but of them, I find He Sleeps in a Grove and Incubus fun to play on drums sometimes. The He Sleeps solo is not very hard outside of one part, but the Incubus solo is basically pretty tough the whole way through.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have all of them, but Dreamchaser is super fun (and not retardedly difficult) on guitar. Valkyries is my favorite of them musically.
Zman10894  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

River of Tuoni isn't that hard of a song on every instrument, and it sounds pretty cool too. Drums can be a little tiring, though, depending on how well you are with constant kicks.

Blackbird is also really fun to play on drums and keys.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrMilksop94
RushJunkie3  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say most of the songs from the most recent album would be the best bet. They are pretty good overall imo

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I don't have all of them, but Dreamchaser is super fun (and not retardedly difficult) on guitar.

Ummmmm.... wat?

I guess if you average out the solos with the long bits of sitting hitting chord holds it averages out to not retarded difficulty, but those solos are still pretty wtf.

Oscarvarium  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RushJunkie3 wrote:
I would say most of the songs from the most recent album would be the best bet. They are pretty good overall imo

I'd agree with this. Muscially, Sampo is probably my favourite overall (and has an awesome keys chart with no crazy solo) but I'd also recommend Fields of Serpents (although that's omgdifficult on both guitar and keys) and War in Heaven (easy on everything except keys).

For guitar: Field of Serpents, Saga, The Curse, Sampo.
For keys: Blackbird, War in Heaven, Lost Soul, Sampo.
For vocals: War in Heaven, Snowmaiden, The Curse, City of Corruption.
bclare  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
bclare wrote:
I don't have all of them, but Dreamchaser is super fun (and not retardedly difficult) on guitar.

Ummmmm.... wat?

I guess if you average out the solos with the long bits of sitting hitting chord holds it averages out to not retarded difficulty, but those solos are still pretty wtf.

Dreamchaser isn't chordy. Yeah the solos are lolno but the verses are fun.

It's possible that I'm thinking of the entirely wrong song, but I don't think so? The instrumental one with a lot of anchoring green, that song.
NoThru22  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only play drums.

Dreamchaser, Blackbird, Talisman, and Lullaby are all great on Pro Drums.

He Sleeps in a Grove is my favorite song from them, but it does not have pro drums charted.

I have a bunch of their drum charts on my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/NoThru22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Macello
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Amberian Dawn: Where to start? Reply with quote

Exxucus wrote:
I bought Shallow Waters back when it first came out, and I've been pretty indifferent to it (meh verses, and a solo that's too hard for me to enjoy).

Honestly, for guitar, you might find most of the other songs to be pretty similar. Having relatively simple strummy verses and then completely insane solos is pretty common for Amberian Dawn. Some songs that I have and find fun on guitar are Saga, The Curse, Dreamchaser, He Sleeps in a Grove, and Lionheart, but I also find Shallow Waters fun on guitar, so you might not agree. Field of Serpents is another one with more complex stuff outside of the solos (I'd say it has the hardest non-solo parts of any Amberian Dawn song), but personally I find those parts a bit too difficult. They happen right at the beginning, so you can try the demo.

Incidentally, those are also some of the ones I enjoy most on drums. Incubus and Arctica are also pretty fun on drums.

bclare wrote:

Dreamchaser isn't chordy. Yeah the solos are lolno but the verses are fun.

It's possible that I'm thinking of the entirely wrong song, but I don't think so? The instrumental one with a lot of anchoring green, that song.

You're thinking of the right song. I think Yosuke was referring to your comment that it's not retardedly difficult on guitar. It's possibly the hardest song out of the entire Amberian Dawn catalog on guitar, which is saying quite a lot. Outside of the solos it's not insane but I'd still say it's the second hardest out of the ones I've played (after Field of Serpents), and it's got the hardest solos of any of them (it's the highest Amberian Dawn song on the 100 hardest guitar FCs list by about 20 places). That said, I do agree that the verses are really fun. But the song's still really damn hard.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy Fate of the Maiden and Evil Inside Me great on guitar as well as drums, now that I looked closer.

ilblud91  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a few of the harder songs off the new album the other day, and the only song I cannot recommend is Arctica. Can't stand playing it on guitar. Fields of Serpents is really fun, although it is pretty difficult throughout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: