FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Lowlander2's general achievements - Second ever RB4 Vocals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since I've updated the topic, so my FC count has gone from 117 to 154. I've retired my capture card (the last video was for What I Got) and I probably won't pick up a Hauppage until March next year, but I have achieved some notable victories including:

Cry Thunder
So Much To Say
I Want To Know What Love Is
The Distance

Depending on how much I play Rock Band, I might be able to hit 200 by the end of the year. That would be great.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, it's been an age and a half since I updated this topic, but I've still been going very strong on Rock Band. It's still my most played game of this year and I doubt I'll really stop for a while yet. Even though Rock Band's slowed down a lot on the community side especially since HMX ceased active development and the RBN was forced into early retirement, the game feels almost as fresh to me now as when I picked RB2 up in the middle of a dreadful drama rehearsal day. That said, sticking to a linear set of one-instrument goals and tallies isn't interesting enough for me, so I'm turning my thread into a thread of general achievements. Here are some notable accomplishments I've made since the beginning of 2013:

-Surpass 250 Pro Keys FCs: I've been playing Pro Keys since week 2 of its inception, because I had to import it through my local games seller, and I'm still learning, growing and surprising myself. I recently FCed two songs from the Nightmare tier, one of which closes out a set of cumulative full artist first evers (Superjet) and is an FC I am very proud of.

-Obtain over 1500 solo FCs: I didn't get the idea to tally up every single one of my FCs until about a month ago. I might be lowballing it because I didn't include any vocals songs marked as having 99% accuracy unless I was sure I got the 99% glitch, but I'm still surprised at just how many I have.

-Join an FBFC team: Namely, Team Aftermath. I am very late to the party on this front, but I am very glad to finally gotten involved in something so collaborative besides the unFCed Pro Keys list. Besides being involved in some absolutely smashing achievements, the greatest of all was finding a group of friends to constantly talk shop with, especially as everywhere else becomes increasingly more blind to this game, and while I've been mad with them a couple of times (I'm never going back to My Old School until you can find a consistent drummer), I wouldn't trade it for the world.

-Start doing OMBFCs: Editing these can be tiresome, but watching the final video come together with all of the charts playing at once is amazing. I already went through a channel before it got shutdown by copyright stuffs, so you'll have to look through the videos in my new-ish channel here. I still have to re-upload all of my old ones, but I am always working towards new videos as well.

-Pick up voxbassing: This is something very experimental and thin on the ground, but voxtarring and voxbassing have always appealed to me for applying an extra layer of challenge through having to multitask two charts at once, which demands more than twice the concentration. A long-term personal goal of mine is to pick up as many voxbass FCs as I can.

And there have been other things I have done in Rock Band 3, but it's the sort of thing Scorehero is acerbic to discussion of, no fault of theirs. In any case, I've set a bunch of new goals to work towards (I'll have to sleep on more), but I'll be happy to take requests for new goals as well. It's always fun to see how far I can take the game, even if it looks from the outside in that it has nowhere to go.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lowlander2 PSN Name: Lowlander2
Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And updated after three months. Not as many new solo FCs as I was expecting, but a lot more full band ones. One of my personal goals, to FC Ghost of Perdition on a string instrument, was actually accomplished. I netted the bass FC, pretty much in one go too. I also set another goal for myself last week, which was to dual FC Laid to Rest. That's done too.

I'm also looking into Full Artist OMBFCs after Doof posted a very impressive one of No Doubt. I personally started off with a much easier one, but as I build up drum FCs, I'll get more courageous. And hey, give me a request and I might look into it.

Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And updated once more. I now have over 2000 solo FCs, which I think is pretty good for four years of play. I also netted myself a Depeche Mode FAOMBFC.

hewhoislikegod  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how harmonies could be considered a separate instrument.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: hewhoislikegod
Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hewhoislikegod wrote:
I don't see how harmonies could be considered a separate instrument.

They're a different discipline with different charts. Some are easier than solo vocals, some are harder, but it's definitely a different enough tangent to warrant the differentiation.

And updated, with a FAFC of Grateful Dead on guitar.

Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool FAFC, man. You've got some great accomplishments here, very impressive! Which Grateful Dead song would you say was the hardest to FC?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graf wrote:
Cool FAFC, man. You've got some great accomplishments here, very impressive! Which Grateful Dead song would you say was the hardest to FC?

Cumberland Blues, by a landslide. The solo only had one hard wrap, but past that are a whole bunch of sections with forced strums that change everything. Beat It On Down The Line was also very fast, and Truckin' was just awkward. I could also see the pure length of Throwing Stones being annoying, but I thankfully got that in one run.

Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated. I'm on the cusp of 3000 total FCs, but it's unlikely to jump until the release of RB4. I also added my Blitz GS count for no reason. :P

Lowlander2  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpity bump. Or I guess that is to say, I can actually add something of mild worth to this topic: the second ever vocals FGFC of RB4.[/url]

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratz. that was fast.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting one FC on Vox is hard enough for me. Great work there.

I'm sure you enjoyed playing Somebody Told Me.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Billtvshow  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on rb4 fgfc!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job on the FGFC! Can't wait till I can actually pick up this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: