FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated))
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: How to: RB3 customs for 360, no mods. ((Updated)) Reply with quote

Alright, I got a quick guide typed up. Forgive me if it's a bit lacking, though. My 360 is busted ATM so I'm doing this based on the vid that's been made private.

How to make custom Rock Band 3 songs for playing on unmodded system.

I assume you already have your custom DLC files made.

The 3 programs you will need are:

LeFluffie http://skunkiebutt.com/Le Fluffie App.zip

Modio http://www.game-tuts.com/community/modio.php

RB DLC Tools http://sites.google.com/site/mahoppiangoon/

First you need to plug in your external USB storage on your Xbox 360. If you haven't formatted it for your 360 you should do it now. Then go to system settings, memory, hard drive, Rock Band 3, and select Rock Band 3 song cache.

Copy the song cache file to your external USB storage.

Then you open up Rock Band DLC tools and select songs.dta file editor. Fill in all the information for the song you are putting in and select RB3 Custom under where it says RB DLC format. Next click audio and select all the instruments that are used in your chart.

Next you click on game data and set your difficulty. Really if you don't care about accurate difficulty ratings or accurate singer genders then what you put here doesn't matter, as long as you don't click the difficulty circles on the extreme left. The ones on the extreme left mean "NO PART"

Now save your songs.dta file and open LeFluffie

Click file, package creation, make sure it says STFS and click OK. Now where it says Title ID, put 45410914. And where it says Internal Title, type in Rock Band 3. Click the drop down box under the Main tab and click SavedGame, and for the description type in the song and band info. Click "Save Display Title/Description" and then click both the boxes to the right to set your content and package images.

Right click Root, click add folder, and type songs. Then right click songs, click add foler, and type in the name of your song. For example if your song was named The World is a Thorn you'd type theworldisathorn. Now right click that foler, click add foler, and name it gen. Now in gen you'll need to add some custom song files you should already have. Find your .milo_xbox file and click it. Next go to the folder with your songs name and add your audio and chart files. Now go back up to songs and add your songs.dta file.

Now under the finalization tab, leave everything as is. The drop down box should say STFS Type 0 and CON should be selected. Now select Create Package and save it to your computer. LeFluffie should appear to be frozen for a bit. But don't worry, it's working. Now exit LeFluffie and open Modio.

If you haven't already plugged your USB drive back into your computer, do so now. Then click explore my device, and open it. Then open the COntent folder, open Rock Band 3, and open Game Saves. Then right click inside that folder and select Insert File and then find where you saved your custom CON file.

Wait a few seconds for it to inject, and that's it.

Last edited by GodRockr on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
inimitable  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot about this... Can't believe I didn't notice he posted it for a whole month!

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's also possible to upgrade songs for pro guitar/bass if you know how to chart them. I'd imagine you can add harmonies to songs too but I haven't tried it out yet.

EDIT:
'Upgrade' as in, just like how Harmonix does pro upgrades. The only files necessary are the mid and dta.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering when this would get posted here.
LyokoFreaks  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck yes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LyokoFreaks
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a reminder (it was responded to on the video) this does carry some risk of being banned from Live.

But this is the most awesomest thing ever.
IaMN1cK  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: How to: RB3 customs for 360. No JTAG or flash needed! Reply with quote

GodRockr wrote:
I found this nifty little tutorial by PikminGuts92. Your Xbox doesn't even have to be flashed to read backups. This can be done on a COMPLETELY stock system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYU7QNbMn0

Idk if this has been posted before.

Apparently, Rock Band imports are saved as CON files. Which of course aren't encrypted as heavily as LIVE files and can be easily hashed and signed in Modio.

The import file structure is the same as the DLC file structure. So you make your customs the same way you would for a jtag system. You just compile it as a CON instead of a LIVE file and add it with Modio.

I have a bunch of JTAG DLC customs for RB2 from when I had my jtag-how can I convert them to work with RB3 cause I tried making them CONS but that didnt work
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: How to: RB3 customs for 360. No JTAG or flash needed! Reply with quote

IaMN1cK wrote:
GodRockr wrote:
I found this nifty little tutorial by PikminGuts92. Your Xbox doesn't even have to be flashed to read backups. This can be done on a COMPLETELY stock system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYU7QNbMn0

Idk if this has been posted before.

Apparently, Rock Band imports are saved as CON files. Which of course aren't encrypted as heavily as LIVE files and can be easily hashed and signed in Modio.

The import file structure is the same as the DLC file structure. So you make your customs the same way you would for a jtag system. You just compile it as a CON instead of a LIVE file and add it with Modio.

I have a bunch of JTAG DLC customs for RB2 from when I had my jtag-how can I convert them to work with RB3 cause I tried making them CONS but that didnt work

Unpack the files with LeFluffie then repack them as a con file.

Also since the video is now private I'll be making my own video on how to do this sometime and I'll relink it.
thespike  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw shit I was just about to do this and now the video is private. Nooooooooooooo.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: How to: RB3 customs for 360. No JTAG or flash needed! Reply with quote

GodRockr wrote:

Unpack the files with LeFluffie then repack them as a con file.

Also since the video is now private I'll be making my own video on how to do this sometime and I'll relink it.

Wrongo. You have to change up the DTA to the RB3 format first.

And why another video tut?
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because pikminguts92 decided to make his video tutorial private
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodRockr wrote:

Because it was posted on a piracy forum and he didn't want to be linked to piracy.

I said "why another video" because video tutorials always lack in comparison to written out ones.
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehBanStick wrote:
GodRockr wrote:

Because it was posted on a piracy forum and he didn't want to be linked to piracy.

I said "why another video" because video tutorials always lack in comparison to written out ones.

Oh. Well I'll write out one based on the video and post it up sometime soon.
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading the tutorial, but to get started, I need to know where I can find DLC customs. However, if that isn't allowed to be discussed that's ok then.

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
GodRockr  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thewinnerisgeeg wrote:
I'm reading the tutorial, but to get started, I need to know where I can find DLC customs. However, if that isn't allowed to be discussed that's ok then.

Check the RawkSD website. And there's a wealth of custom charts on the Guitar Hero side of scorehero that you can convert and use. You can find everything you need to know in the link I put up for RB DLC Tools
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 1 of 52

Jump to: