FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUIDE!] How to Install Rock Band 3 Custom Songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

DeathThreatUK wrote:
Trying to make my own customs and i have a VERY strange problem. The entire right channel of audio is replaced with a clipping noise when my custom gets to the game, even though i have checked the wav file and it is fine. What is going on?

What is the max level of your wav file in REAPER? 0 db? if it's something higher, try backing off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
DeathThreatUK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

Nyxyxylyth wrote:
DeathThreatUK wrote:
Trying to make my own customs and i have a VERY strange problem. The entire right channel of audio is replaced with a clipping noise when my custom gets to the game, even though i have checked the wav file and it is fine. What is going on?

What is the max level of your wav file in REAPER? 0 db? if it's something higher, try backing off.

It's not too far above 0 (this song fyi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXciBKcfQ8), but i must admit the songs that have worked so far (Are Friends Electric and N.W.O.) have been below 0db through the whole song i think...
DeathThreatUK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Reply with quote

Nyxyxylyth wrote:
DeathThreatUK wrote:

OK i made sure the db levels were below 0 but it has not solved the problem. It still has no sound from the right channel.
trojannemo  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone experienced this recently I believe. make sure the audio file is in the backing track and not for any one instrument only. even if the custom only has one instrument, set the audio in backing, and a mute track for the instruments. I believe this fixed it for him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojannemo wrote:
farottone experienced this recently I believe. make sure the audio file is in the backing track and not for any one instrument only. even if the custom only has one instrument, set the audio in backing, and a mute track for the instruments. I believe this fixed it for him.

I already do this. It's not that that causes the problem. Maybe it's how the mute track is made? I select a blank track in the reaper file and then render it?
farottone  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathThreatUK wrote:
trojannemo wrote:

I already do this. It's not that that causes the problem. Maybe it's how the mute track is made? I select a blank track in the reaper file and then render it?

No, actually, how Nemo reported it is how it does NOT work. The logical thing to do is to put the audio track in the backing channel. All fine and dandy for songs with at least three instruments. For songs with 2 instruments, you get distortion. Put the mute track in the backing channel and put the audio track on vocals.
DeathThreatUK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone wrote:
DeathThreatUK wrote:
trojannemo wrote:

No, actually, how Nemo reported it is how it does NOT work. The logical thing to do is to put the audio track in the backing channel. All fine and dandy for songs with at least three instruments. For songs with 2 instruments, you get distortion. Put the mute track in the backing channel and put the audio track on vocals.

But surely Magma won't let me put any vocals in without a dry vocal audio?
DeathThreatUK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i've managed to fix it... for now. I finished up the bass tab and then put in the game, and suddenly, no problems at all. Thanks for help guys. Btw, how do i get vocalsinto the game without a dry vocal track? And how on earth do i do my own Venue track? Harmonix's documentation doesnt seem to have any clear instructions on how to do it and anytime i put in a MIDI note for so much as a camera cut it just shows up as an error when compiling in Magma.
farottone  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeathThreatUK wrote:
Ok i've managed to fix it... for now. I finished up the bass tab and then put in the game, and suddenly, no problems at all. Thanks for help guys. Btw, how do i get vocalsinto the game without a dry vocal track? And how on earth do i do my own Venue track? Harmonix's documentation doesnt seem to have any clear instructions on how to do it and anytime i put in a MIDI note for so much as a camera cut it just shows up as an error when compiling in Magma.

You can:
- manually mute the segments of the audio with no singing
- just render out the audio for the song as is (but you get lips moving when there's no actual singing)
- render out the MIDI playback, for a on/off solution (not elegant but you won't get the lips moving when there's no singing

Documentation for the Venue track is in part outdated. I'll let Nemo answer this one because he's the animation guru.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to get Rock Band 3 on my Xbox 360, but I can't get the re-release or the GOD version, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these copies are the re-release or the original. Thanks

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rock-Band-3-Xbox-360-2010-Game-Disc-/281078103712?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item41718f7ea0

I know it says 2010 and the publisher is MTV, but I want to be 100% sure before I purchase it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rock-Band-3-T-XBOX360-/310630469511?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item485304cf87

The same follows with this one.
farottone  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX wrote:
I want to get Rock Band 3 on my Xbox 360, but I can't get the re-release or the GOD version, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if these copies are the re-release or the original.

No one can. The pictures are obviously of the MTV version which you want to buy, but can you really say that the shop has used the actual cover and not a generic Rock Band 3 cover? You either need to go with a copy from someone who actually posted a picture of his/her copy, or you need to ask the seller to confirm that you can see the MTV logo on the cover.
XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

farottone wrote:

No one can. The pictures are obviously of the MTV version which you want to buy, but can you really say that the shop has used the actual cover and not a generic Rock Band 3 cover? You either need to go with a copy from someone who actually posted a picture of his/her copy, or you need to ask the seller to confirm that you can see the MTV logo on the cover.

That's why I had asked in the first place, just making sure.

I sent a message to the seller if they could send me a picture of the front copy for both links I had sent. Now, I just have to wait.
mindsink  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 2010 version of the disc with the MTV logo and I don't see a TU#5, and judging by it giving me a disc read error when I go to play a custom song, it is behaving as if TU#5 is already embedded on disc.

Are you guys sure that only the MadCatz discs have TU#5 embedded?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, only the madcatz ones. If your console's hard drive or any attached storage have the title update, it will get used, so make sure you check any and all attached storage.
mindsink  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the TU#5 doesn't exist in my RB3 game data, nor did it prompt me to download it after I launched the game, and then point to the USB stick (with TU#4 injected) as my storage device.

Where could this TU#5 be and how do I get rid of it?

I even created a completely new non-XBLive profile and launched the game, pointed to the stick for my save data. Same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: