FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUIDE!] How to Install Rock Band 3 Custom Songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh... to be clear, when I pick the RB1 original song that I will replace, I pick one with a constant BPM. Then I import the custom song midi into EOF and change the tempo to match the RB1 song.

I'm still relatively new to EOF but what I've found what works for me is that I rename all of the tracks in the midi so that they are 'unsupported' but can still be imported. That way EOF doesn't clean them up by removing stuff like the animations in PART DRUMS. Also, I've found that when you change the tempo map in EOF, it will only affect the notes and not the text events UNLESS they are in an unsupported track, in which case it will.

Also, song length is not an issue. The custom song may be longer than the original RB1 song.

EDIT:
Nyxyxylyth wrote:
EDIT:
So using this, we're constrained to 45+13-4=54 customs?
Can you have multiple sets of USB sticks with these spoofed export files?
I gather you'd have to delete your cache each time you switched?
Your high scores for RB1 songs would become meaningless as you play multiple songs with the same ID, correct?

This does not affect the song count from the RB1 export. You can have multiple files on the same USB stick just as before and there's no need to rebuild the song cache.

As for the song ID, you can use your own. The only thing that you change in the custom songs.dta file is the location name. Instead of 'songs/custom/custom', it's now 'songs/imsosick/imsosick'. When you do this, RB3 will verify that the midi file is that of the one from the RB1 export. Of course you will also have to rename all of the files to match that.

I should have said this before but to be clear, this exploit does not work on Blitz because that game does not support updates to the midi file.

Last edited by pikminguts92 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
raynebc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EOF does do things differently from a traditional MIDI editor. Text events that are handled natively in EOF are tied to specific beat markers and not a position like the notes are, which is why changing the beat marker positions doesn't affect the events' delta timings.

If traditional MIDI editors make it difficult to make altered RB1 MIDIs for customs, I could improve EOF's MIDI track storage system a bit if it will make it easier by allowing natively supported tracks to be stored in the project. In your example if a drum track was stored, EOF would disable the editing of the drum track in the editor, indicating that it is overridden by the stored track.

If that's how EOF was set to work, you'd be able to MIDI import the RB1 song you wanted to cram a custom song in, import the tracks from your actual custom song, and when the project is saved, all of the custom song's tracks are written to MIDI using the RB1 song's tempo map and beat track. This at least removes the steps of renaming tracks before importing into EOF, and then renaming again after EOF creates the MIDI.

Edit: I've added this ability in EOF. You can manually import MIDI tracks for tracks EOF already supports, and they will be used instead of anything authored for those tracks in the editor during save. So for creating RB3 (TU#5 or newer) customs, you should be able to import a RB1 chart to get the tempo map, and then just manually import each track of the custom you want, and it will write a MIDI file that should work.
farottone  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admire the passion and the time that go into this kind of research that could possibly lead us to a full TU5 compatibility, but as it stands it's really problematic playing with beat markers all over the place. I suppose vocals are a different thing, but instrument charts look awkward. Also, he did as I understand a whole lot of work to get the song to have the same tempo map: we would need some kind of automated method, that I think would be more than feasible but only if the results were optimal.

I don't think there's a limit to the song you can add, I think the game will simply check if each song has an acceptable tempo map. If it does, fine, it doesn't matter if it's the same tempo map for 100 songs.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The method I proposed isn't fully automated, but it is dead simple. It would probably only take a minute or two to port a custom chart's MIDI into a RB1 tempo map when the next EOF beta comes out. That said, I do agree it won't be as nice to play a song that isn't beat synced, but you work with what you have, I suppose.
farottone  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
The method I proposed isn't fully automated, but it is dead simple. It would probably only take a minute or two to port a custom chart's MIDI into a RB1 tempo map when the next EOF beta comes out. That said, I do agree it won't be as nice to play a song that isn't beat synced, but you work with what you have, I suppose.

Of course. And again, I'm only supportive of any effort to take customs into TU5, it's just that *at this stage* I don't think TU5 features (basically, the "flag the songs you don't want" option) are enough to make people play a song with notes not aligned with beat markers. Then again, any succesful method was not worth the effort at some stage of its development, it's just that it still needs tweaking before it can be effectively implemented.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody determined if BOTH the tempo track AND the beat track have to be the originals from a RB1 song? If only the former had to be an original, the custom should be able to have a proper beat track. If I remember what I'd been told about that track, Rock Band uses that to draw the beat lines, so it would result in a beat-synced custom chart.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the tempo map has to be the same. You can replace the BEAT track. That's what I did.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PikminGuts92
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
If I remember what I'd been told about that track [BEAT], Rock Band uses that to draw the beat lines, so it would result in a beat-synced custom chart.

pikminguts92 wrote:
Just the tempo map has to be the same. You can replace the BEAT track. That's what I did.

So I guess it *doesn't* use BEAT to draw the lines? Sadness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
farottone  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyxyxylyth wrote:

So I guess it *doesn't* use BEAT to draw the lines? Sadness.

It doesn't. It probably use the time signature to do so, even though the beat track would be the most logical thing to look at.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to drop a huge thank you to those focusing on getting customs working in TU5. I bought the Games on Demand version shortly before non-modded customs were discovered and had hoped to play them on my GoD version. Now it looks like I can. I'll be eagerly awaiting the next release of EOF.

Off topic, but does anyone know if "customs" of the missing RB1 exports would work? Loooong ago I recall something about those songs being listed in export files, but commented. I'm just curious if they still technically work. I had someone ask me if I had Enter Sandman, and I told em' if they went and bought me a copy of RB1 we could play it. It'd be cool if we could just shelve the RB1 disc.
pikminguts92  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the three unexported songs from RB1 (North America) do work on RB3 with TU5 AND Blitz with no fancy modifications required.

And to clarify, the custom song approach on un-modded consoles has been known since early 2011, well before the GoD and re-printed Madcats discs were available.
Teancum  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. I didn't really keep track of dates. I'm not as active as I was when Guitar Hero was still cool.
Pearlized.Pistol  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Adding lots of customs Reply with quote

Hey, I added about 32 customs I really wanted about a week ago using this guide to see if it would work and how well it would work... It worked awesome!

Now, my only problem is that Modio 3 seems to not be able to move multiple files, meaning I have to right click, select an individual file to insert, and repeat. This can be really frustrating when you are copying, say, 160 custom songs from the GHtoRB3 project and TB:RBtoRB3 projects.

So, instead I decided to extract the "global options" file onto my laptop's HDD, then put it into a folder named "00000001", with all of the custom songs I wanted to load onto the HDD (192), then delete the 00000001 folder that was on the external HDD, then right-click "Insert folder" and insert the "00000001" folder from my PC.

The transfer still took about 30 minutes, BUT I didn't have to sit there and click every goddamn file along the way... Only problem is now I'm getting errors. I load up RB3, ignore the Title update, and the game even recognizes the new songs (Loading new DLC... 160/160 found).

However, when I went to sort them via newly acquired, only The Beatles songs showed up. I found the other files within "previously acquired" Then, none of them had a cover art, or preview. This wasn't a real big deal... Then I tried to play them and RB3 gave me errors: Song is corrupt, Song could not be loaded, skipped, etc, on ALL of my new songs ((

Did I do something wrong? How do I fix it? Is there another way to put on multiple files on at once that I'm simply not aware of? Please help! >.<
Pearlized.Pistol  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Adding lots of customs Reply with quote

Hey, I added about 32 customs I really wanted about a week ago using this guide to see if it would work and how well it would work... It worked awesome!

Now, my only problem is that Modio 3 seems to not be able to move multiple files, meaning I have to right click, select an individual file to insert, and repeat. This can be really frustrating when you are copying, say, 160 custom songs from the GHtoRB3 project and TB:RBtoRB3 projects.

So, instead I decided to extract the "global options" file onto my laptop's HDD, then put it into a folder named "00000001", with all of the custom songs I wanted to load onto the HDD (192), then delete the 00000001 folder that was on the external HDD, then right-click "Insert folder" and insert the "00000001" folder from my PC.

The transfer still took about 30 minutes, BUT I didn't have to sit there and click every goddamn file along the way... Only problem is now I'm getting errors. I load up RB3, ignore the Title update, and the game even recognizes the new songs (Loading new DLC... 160/160 found).

However, when I went to sort them via newly acquired, only The Beatles songs showed up. I found the other files within "previously acquired" Then, none of them had a cover art, or preview. This wasn't a real big deal... Then I tried to play them and RB3 gave me errors: Song is corrupt, Song could not be loaded, skipped, etc, on ALL of my new (and previously added) custom songs ((

Did I do something wrong? How do I fix it? Is there another way to put on multiple files on at once that I'm simply not aware of? Please help! >.<
farottone  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just use Party Buffalo to transfer files? It's quick and it overwrites all songs with one click.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: