FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUIDE!] How to Install Rock Band 3 Custom Songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cannot even boot the game, you very well may have destroyed the disc. The disc read error usually meant that you ended up installing title update #5, as that's the error it gives if you try to play a custom chart with that revision of RB3. If you buy another disc, make sure it's NOT the one branded with Mad Catz. The re-release for Xbox 360 comes with update #5 on disc and it will not be able to play customs. Get a used copy if you can, just make sure it's the original release.
Dante77  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, I'll try that

Also, just want to make sure. Is the 2010 version published my MTV games the one I have to buy?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds right. MadCatz became the publisher in 2011 and had their branding on the re-release.
Dante77  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks for your help. Hope it works!
yamamoto114  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dante77 wrote:
Hey, I've been making customs since before TU#5 and after the update, I was able to set up my hard drive so I could play customs again. Months passed since last time I put a custom in the game, and now it stopped working.
It seems that the game updated on it's own or something. But customs don't work anymore, they throw the "Disc unreadable" error. I did what I could to fix it but I only made it worse and now every time I try to play RB3, the game won't start and show a black screen instead which won't disappear until I reset the Xbox.

Anyone knows of a possible solution before I have to buy another disc?

tl;dr customs used to work, now they don't and I think I broke RB3.

Hm. You only get that error message if you're running TU#5, so yeah, it probably installed again somehow.

Could you walk us through the steps you took to fix it that ended up giving you the black screen? That might give us a clue as to how to fix it.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Takeru Yamamoto PSN Name: DivideByIchi
Dante77  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I tried the disc on another Xbox to see if my console was the problem. Turns out it works on other consoles, so I'm afraid my hard drive has a problem? Also playing the game from an USB Drive (that's what I did before it stopped working) doesn't work anymore. The Xbox can recognize the drive but it won't load in Horizon.

NOTE: I moved all RB3 files to the drive and deleted the game in the hard drive, thinking that when putting the CD in the console would think it's a new game and create new files. But nothing.

EDIT: Turns out the flash drive I was using somehow lost it's format and all my savefiles got deleted
Luckily, I managed to fix RB3 by loading TU4 on the pendrive after reformatting it. The game recognized it automatically (too bad I have to start over).

And one last question: Is it possible to play with TU5 on the hard drive without having to delete the update every time I want to play my custom songs?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the information posted so far, it looks like you can't do that without disconnecting the hard drive. It's much less wear and tear to download the update to the hard drive as necessary. If you wanted though, perhaps it's possible to examine the updates and modify TU4 enough that the game thinks it's TU5.
espher  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spend $5-$10 and get a thumb drive. Seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
yamamoto114  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated. Removed Method 2, since Method 1 is just way too obnoxiously convenient in comparison and so much can go wrong with Method 2. Added RBA to RB3CON conversion tutorial.

May add dual-flash drive method in the future. Not likely though.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Takeru Yamamoto PSN Name: DivideByIchi
BravoGangUS08  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm new to this customs stuff. Just wondering, does this work with the Downloadable RB3 on 360? Or does this have to be with the disc? Anyone know?
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be with the original RB3 release disc (with the MTV publisher logo). The re-released disc and the games on demand version both come bundled with the customs-breaking patch, and it cannot be removed from them.
BravoGangUS08  

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn that sucks. I wanted to be able to buy the on demand version so I would always have the game available without disc-swapping, oh well. Guess I'll just go check Gamestop for a used copy of RB3 with the MTV logo
BravoGangUS08  

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I downloaded a bunch of Pony songs such as "Smile Smile Smile", "Cutie Mark Crusaders Theme", etc. and for some reason I can barely hear the main vocals when I play any of them.

Is there any reason why it does that?

The harmonies are all loud and clear but you can't hear the primary vocals.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno what all this applies to, but on Windows 7, it wouldn't let me just drag and drop TU4 to the open Installers folder in Modio in Step 4.6

I had to right click and hit insert file then find the file's location.

ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We might be really close to TU5 customs, if anyone else has been on the FB page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: