FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
[GUIDE!] How to Install Rock Band 3 Custom Songs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rex.grg  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher, this worked perfectly! Everything worked great in Party Buffalo and exactly like in the video you linked! THANK YOU! I was feeling down about no more dlc from harmonix, but after discovering these customs, I can extend the playability of my Rockband gaming! Thanks so much!
espher  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
eggwolio  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noob question that I didn't see answered:

I bought the Games on Demand version of RB3 back in March or so when it was on sale. I was unaware at the time of the wonderful world of customs. (keep reading, I'm not asking what you think)

I just managed to score a keyboard bundle of the game, brand new, for $22. I wanted it mostly for the keyboard, but the disc version and the ability to play customs is a big plus.

My question is this: Is it possible to install the On Demand version to one USB stick and use the other USB stick(or even just my xbox hard drive for that matter) for playing customs with the disc? I know I could just do the two USB method and uninstall the GoD version, but since I purchased it, I would like to use it instead of just having it sit in the cloud. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.
farottone  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggwolio wrote:

My question is this: Is it possible to install the On Demand version to one USB stick and use the other USB stick(or even just my xbox hard drive for that matter) for playing customs with the disc? I know I could just do the two USB method and uninstall the GoD version, but since I purchased it, I would like to use it instead of just having it sit in the cloud. Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

No idea how GoD works, but if you can install a GoD version on a USB stick, you can do the same with RB3's GoD version. The GoD USB stick will need to host as usual cache file, save game, etc.
Reldan  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually easier than that - the 360 effectively treats the EA disc version and Mad Catz GoD version as two different games.

If you set up a USB drive with Title Update 4 and your Customs it will use that if you launch the disk version of the game. To play connected to Live just launch the GoD version instead off your hard drive which doesn't even bother doing anything with the Title Update files on your USB. Makes it even easier than deleting and reinstalling the Title Update 5 to switch between having Live and Custom access to the game.
columbo777  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: gold star Reply with quote

This is Brilliant!

Reldan wrote:
It's actually easier than that - the 360 effectively treats the EA disc version and Mad Catz GoD version as two different games.

If you set up a USB drive with Title Update 4 and your Customs it will use that if you launch the disk version of the game. To play connected to Live just launch the GoD version instead off your hard drive which doesn't even bother doing anything with the Title Update files on your USB. Makes it even easier than deleting and reinstalling the Title Update 5 to switch between having Live and Custom access to the game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: OK, newbie here Reply with quote

Okay I am new here - I'm glad I stumbled upon this treasure trove of new content ... I've read the guide and also read some of the many threads about custom songs -

I have just a few quick questions -

I've been rocking it out for a few years with my mates. We play every Friday night - Anyways, we have a ton of DLC. I thought in order to play the DLC you needed to be connected to Live ? How can I use custom songs and my DLC at the same time?

What about using our band / profiles ? Whats the best way to keep our band / stats / points ?

Thanks for everyone who contributes !
Jusey1  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to NOTE that you don't need to download TU5 at all... You can manually place the TU4 into a flash drive... Just gotta right-click and create the right folder.

Note: Folder you gotta create is 000B0000 and should be created under "Data -> Content -> 0000000000000000 (No profile) -> 45410914 (RB3)"

Basicly...

"Data -> Content -> 0000000000000000 (No profile) -> 45410914 (RB3) -> 000B0000 (Installers)"

Once that done, put TU4 in the 000B0000 folder then take your flash drive to the Xbox 360 and copy/move the TU4 onto your harddrive!

I know cause... I did it that way! Don't have Xbox Live where I live so couldn't get TU5 in the first place XD.

Also... Wtf? What Rock Band 3 DLC requires you to be connected? I have plenty of DLC songs and they don't require a connection and they all work fine. (@ talonz).
Numerality  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: A problem Reply with quote

When I go into my hardrive, then Rock Band 3, I cant find Title Update #5, but when I go onto RB3 it doesn't let me download it. Help?
espher  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jusey1 wrote:
Also... Wtf? What Rock Band 3 DLC requires you to be connected? I have plenty of DLC songs and they don't require a connection and they all work fine. (@ talonz).

DLC that was purchased on a different console without a licence transfer having been done requires you to be online under the purchasing profile.

Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project || http://tiny.cc/RBHarmonies
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
Jusey1  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

espher wrote:

DLC that was purchased on a different console without a licence transfer having been done requires you to be online under the purchasing profile.

Oh. I thought they meant there was songs that requires you to be online no matter what. I didn't knew they were talking about not doing the license transfer thing.
NeoNCryogenica  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded RB3 off Xbox Live, how would I go about adding custom songs? I got the TU4 and a bunch of customs on my USB (8GB). When i play the game they're in the setlist but when I pick one of the customs it says my disk is unreadable, which is odd for a game thats all on my hard drive.
dayman510  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: RB3 Customs dont work with On demand and new mad catz versio Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that the on demand version of Rb3 as well as the new mad catz version of Rb3 have TU5 built into the game, making customs unplayable. Even if u put TU4 into ur flash drive it will not work. However, custom pro guitar upgrades for songs that are in RB store or imports will work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Loada b0wl 1st
NeoNCryogenica  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'd have to find an older version of the game to play customs? Shit, that sucks asses.

Quick edit: Is it possible to play custom 360 songs that I got with maybe a version on PC?
Nyxyxylyth  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeoNCryogenica wrote:
So I'd have to find an older version of the game to play customs? Shit, that sucks asses.

Quick edit: Is it possible to play custom 360 songs that I got with maybe a version on PC?

There's no PC version.

There's Phase Shift, but it takes a bit of work to translate an rb3con into Phase Shift's ogg+mid format.

Prowl your local Gamestop and find a disc with the EA logo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Nyxyxylyth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: