FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
4/10 DLC: Slayer Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have two pedals it would be, but Harmonix has made it clear the dlc should be playable for everybody who plays at expert level.
Nidecker  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally.. FINALLY!

I've been waiting so long for a Slayer pack like this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Nidecker
Exxucus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main concern is that the trills in the main riff of South of Heaven will be charted with trill lanes. If they do, it won't be as ridiculous as LMTT, but I'm sure it will be a combo-breaking hazard. As for RaBl on drums, at least it won't be like Good Mourning/Black Friday or Sandblasted Skin where it goes on for soooo long.

How Awesome GHWoR Is wrote:
Yeah they were. It's amazing how I had an almost naked lady rubbing her boobs on my head (I'm the drummer in the video) and I was like "Hey GTFO I'm trying to play".
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True but it's also significantly faster than GM/BF, by quite a lot actually. So it's more just surviving 20 seconds of leg burning hell
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
True but it's also significantly faster than GM/BF, by quite a lot actually. So it's more just surviving 20 seconds of leg burning hell

Yep. I'd say its initial speed is about the same if not faster than "The Party Song". I swear to the love of crap if they keep the double bass as the Outro's tempo speeds up....

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is safe to say that RaBl will get on the Un-FC'd drum song list. Ridiculous kick speed paired with the fills in the outro.

Seasons in the Abyss will get FC'd at some point once someone gets consistent with the fast YY O YY O YY O fills throughout the whole song.

South of Heaven is pretty easy outside a roll in the outro, so it will be fc'd rather fast I would guess.

Last edited by BLABLAFU on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
I swear to the love of crap if they keep the double bass as the Outro's tempo speeds up....

You'll be happy to know they did not. (Well, there's one or two double kicks right at the start of the speedup bit, before it's gotten too fast.) The second half of the outro section is visually similar to an altblast, although it's actually pretty slow compared to most blasts in RB.

Also this is the most fun version of the guitar chart in my opinion. (Note that I don't mind lanes and am pretty decent at them.) Has to be one of the hardest golds without a solo, ~185k cutoff from my rough math.

I do have to wonder why the GH standard intro wasn't charted at all though, even if it was to keys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video RB Guitar FC has the GS cutoff at a little bit before 179000. Very intense cutoff, you miss in the mosh or the strumming and you aren't going to get the GS.

This version looks a hell of a lot more fun then the GH counterpart. Funny cause I usually think the opposite.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitar-wise, I agree - even with the tighter engine it looks the least difficult of the three charts (although Mosh 1 will still be a PITA, only slightly less so). I love the very start of the song too - it sounds much better starting with that big impact and the thunderclaps. Thought it was a different version at first.

Might get it just for lulz. Also if reports are correct and the double-bass is only for the very start of the drums outro, then I might get it and use it to practice with No Fail on so I can go back to GHSH and finally beat it on Expert.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this week on guitar. Raining Blood is far and away the most fun (imo). South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss both have stupid random strummy solos, but the're not PotM-levels bad, and really, if you were expecting Slayer charts to have solos not charted that way, then you need to adjust your expectations.

So I enjoyed all three of them. Great pack.
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: 4/10 DLC: Slayer Pack! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system April 10th, 2012:

• Raining Blood by Slayer (X)

• South Of Heaven by Slayer

• Seasons In The Abyss by Slayer

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Slayer Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• The Stache by Jonathan Coulton(160 MSP)

• Good Morning Tucson by Jonathan Coulton (160 MSP)

• Dove Nets by The Main Drag (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Valleys by Close Your Eyes (160 MSP)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• Good Morning Tucson by Jonathan Coulton ($1.99)

• The Stache by Jonathan Coulton ($1.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!
BLABLAFU  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dislike RaBl on drums for some reason...maybe because it's so damn hard on the RB engine to hit most of hard stuff.

My favorite is Seasons in the Abyss, straight forward beat with quite some fills thrown in, but nothing that is beyond retarded.

South of Heaven is pretty straight forward as well, but that outro roll surprises me everytime I see it.
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLABLAFU wrote:
I dislike RaBl on drums for some reason...maybe because it's so damn hard on the RB engine to hit most of hard stuff.

My favorite is Seasons in the Abyss, straight forward beat with quite some fills thrown in, but nothing that is beyond retarded.

South of Heaven is pretty straight forward as well, but that outro roll surprises me everytime I see it.

Yes, most hard songs are harder to hit on the RB engine...Take TTFAF, for example. It is pretty easy to pass TTFAF on GH, but on RB, it just seems to me like it's harder to hit the hammer ons...Raining Blood is another crazy song on drums
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eww those guitar charts for RaBl and solos. also the outro on drums is seriously so stupid. if they didn't use a single bass pedal on the recording then it should NOT be charted to double kick. expecting someone with a plastic pedal to do twice what someone is doing with a multi-hundred dollar pedal is absurd.

i don't think harmonix should chart slayer. the sloppy style of slayer does not translate at all to this precision based gameplay.

Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure enough, the Raining Blood outro is hell for you folks without double bass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: