FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tips for Pro-Keys ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Tips for Pro-Keys ? Reply with quote

Ok, first off, forgive me if this is te wrong section. This is probably the first time i'm asking for tips on playing one of the games instruments and didn't know where it should go.

Anyway, recently I spotted an RB3 Keyboard for the 360 and picked it up. Now for the past week, Ive been playing almost non-stop and have gone up to Hard mode.

Now cue problems.

Almost immedietely, I can barely play any of the easy songs on Hard mode, and I've even gotten completely stuck on the Keys tutor.

Any tips on how to improve better at the keys ?

And another thing : Alot of the time, the tutor barely tells you what to do. It just mentions thumbs, ring finger and such.

but what it doesn't say is which hand. Am i supposed to be playing with my right hand, or both hands ?
megallica  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first, this belongs in the Keys Technique, Style and Gameplay forum, which probably has other topics that might be relavent to some of the questions you have, so it would be a good idea to look through some of the threads there

for anything the game tells you about which finger to use for pro keys, it's assumed that you're only using your right hand for the keys, and your left hand is only for using the touch strip and activating overdrive

it's up to you if you want to use two hands to play, but you'll have to come up with your own finger positions, or ask for help from other players that use two hands (and you can still activate overdrive with a foot pedal if you choose to go this route)

also, if you're looking to improve your skills, the lessons are definitely a good idea, but make sure you try the song trainers and use practice mode as well

if you're having trouble passing easier songs on Hard difficulty, try improving your score, or going for 5*, GS or FCs of songs that you can play, and try playing the harder songs on Medium for awhile until you get better

a huge part of passing and playing easier songs (especially for lower difficulties) is just getting comfortable with the instrument and the way the chart is displayed, so you should improve alot just by playing more

it's probably worth mentioning that i couldn't pass many Apprentice Tier and Solid Tier songs even after i got my first 10 or so Expert Pro Keys FCs, so the difficulty curve for it is pretty steep, and that's probably because there are fewer songs on the setlist with Pro Keys parts

here are a few of the threads that looked the most relavent for tips. Hard difficulty shouldn't be too far from Expert difficulty, so FC and Breakdown threads should still be useful for finding easier songs to work on (especially higher tiered songs that are overtiered, and you might not think to try)

Expert Pro Keys 5* Breakdown

Expert Pro Keys FC Breakdown

Sight-reading Pro Keys

not progressing fast enough (Pro Keys)

Do I Need To Know How To Play Piano To Play Pro Keys

I'm A Pro And Pro Keys Is Kicking My Ass

Help With Chords

Playing Two-Handed

Looking At The Keyboard Instead Of The Screen

Best Starting Difficulty

Expert Pro Keys Playing Guide

Learning Keys For Someone Who Can't Play Piano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tips for Pro-Keys ? Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
Almost immedietely, I can barely play any of the easy songs on Hard mode, and I've even gotten completely stuck on the Keys tutor.

Pretty cliched advice but I suggest starting with tier 1... many of those songs can be FCed fairly quickly. Then move to tier 2 . Maybe if you are having problems with specific songs you can ask about them and we can help. For general advice... practice practice practice.
Skyp1e  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those threads that Megalica linked to will help a lot.

Last year I was where you are now. It does get a lot better/easier. Trust in that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Keys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: