FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/27 DLC: Shinedown 3-Pack, all with keys!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: 3/27 DLC: Shinedown 3-Pack, all with keys! Reply with quote

Available on Xbox 360, Wii™ and PlayStation®3 system March 27th, 2012:

• Second Chance by Shinedown (OX)

• The Crow And The Butterfly by Shinedown (O)

• Bully by Shinedown (O)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system March 28th)

("Bully" will be delayed on PS3 in the US and should be available on 4/10. This should not affect the availability of the Shinedown pack on the PS3.)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points™) for “Sounds of Shinedown Pack”
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points™/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Rock Band Network

Due to popular vote, the following songs this week have been enabled for score-tracking:

• The Epic, Part 3.7 (RBN Remix) by Bankai(80 MSP)

• Can o' Salt (Remix) by dB soundworks (80 MSP)

• Space Unicorn by Parry Gripp (80 MSP)

New songs brought to you by Rhythm Authors:

• Until I Feel Nothing by Carnifex (160 MSP)

RBN Songs now available for PS3 that are currently enabled for scoretracking:

• No More Excuses by Kill The Alarm ($0.99)

Note: As of this post, tracks marked with are available for PlayStation 3, and tracks marked with are available for Nintendo Wii. All others are currently exclusive to Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3 on the Xbox 360

If you voted for one or more of these songs, update your votes by selecting new songs for next week!

Last edited by singemfrc on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only song I know out of these is Second Chance. I used to listen to it a lot, but then I got incredibly bored with their music in general. I will definitely listen to the other two tracks that I don't know before I purchase. Regardless, all should be fun for all vocalists for sure so I might just have to pick this up.

Last edited by BeachBum187 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Beach Bum187
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of another "modern radio rock" 3-pack, since I'm not a huge fan of the genre. But if you forced me to pick a band in this genre, you could do a lot worse than Shinedown. So, not too disappointed.
megallica  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
Not a huge fan of another "modern radio rock" 3-pack, since I'm not a huge fan of the genre. But if you forced me to pick a band in this genre, you could do a lot worse than Shinedown. So, not too disappointed.

i think they're definitely one of the best in that genre, and i thought Devour was pretty fun

as far as these songs go, i would have prefered "45" or "Diamond Eyes" over "The Crow & the Butterfly" (actually, "If You Only Knew" would be better too, IMO, since The Crow & the Butterfly is my least favorite of their radio singles), but i guess these picks were pretty obvious since they're all getting alot of radio play

i'll wait to see the charts, but they have a great singer, so i'm sure this pack will be good for vocalists regardless

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stuff on the radio" is a genre now? I know, you're probably referring to a specific kind of sound that gets a lot of radio play these days. Not a fan of this either. Back to Rocksmith for me, which continues to impress with its quality DLC since they get to cherry pick all the best tracks that RB has already released.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
espher  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Second Chance, but the other two aren't doing much for me.

Still, DLC Whoredom requires some sacrifices.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
superfly360  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hatred for "Second Chance" might not be as great as it is if I didn't hear approximately 700 times a day, just from occasionally being in places where people listen to the radio. I swear I heard it at least twice while waiting at the dentist one time. Oh well, I don't usually buy DLC anyway, and I'm sure it will sell pretty well.
Do You have a request for a song on guitar and/or drums? Can you record videos of Audition Mode? Make a video for a chart of mine in Twisted Metal Hero and I'll chart a song for you. Check the thread for more details.
Steadysphere  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninspired is about all I can say for next weeks DLC really. I'll probably pass :/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superfly360 wrote:
My hatred for "Second Chance" might not be as great as it is if I didn't hear approximately 700 times a day, just from occasionally being in places where people listen to the radio. I swear I heard it at least twice while waiting at the dentist one time. Oh well, I don't usually buy DLC anyway, and I'm sure it will sell pretty well.

This song is still played on the radio?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
superfly360 wrote:

It came on the radio while i was reading this DLC announcement thread (seriously)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megallica wrote:
BeachBum187 wrote:
superfly360 wrote:

It came on the radio while i was reading this DLC announcement thread (seriously)

Haha wow.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called it, I KNEW there was going to be more Shinedown DLC this week for the new album. Shinedown is my favorite band, I've seen them live twice, but oddly enough they're the only band in that genre I really like.

Bully is a great track, should have a fun solo and catchy chorus, Second Chance and Crow and the Butterfly are surprises (was expecting more from the new album) but also good songs. I do love the songs, but at the same time, I can't help but think there are other songs on The Sound of Madness that would be much better for Rock Band (Sin with a Grin or Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide would be much more interesting to play on things other than vocals). But I can't complain, I'll sing the hell out of these songs.

But I do wish they would pick something from Leave a Whisper or Us and Them eventually. While I'm wishlisting, I'd also like a pony.

Edit: It should also be noted that I don't listen to the radio, ever. I haven't listened to the radio in 4 years. I like music because I like it, not because "that evil mainstream media" told me so, and I also don't hate music just because it's overplayed. Shinedown will be very enjoyable for the vocalists out there.

Waiting for CHawk & Graf to show up in this thread, very excited indeed.

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:24 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, Second Chance. One of the worst rock songs to make it to the mainstream in the 21st century.

Pass.

EDIT: I hate Bully as well. Crow and the Butterfly is a better song, but it's probably right up there with Second Chance for being horrendously boring on drums.
Koetsu  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of them, but glad to see a shift in more modern rock. I can count on one hand how much DLC I've downloaded this year seeing as how the past 4-or-so months was packed with 70s and 80s rock. A terrible way to go out for Wii players.
thespike  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was totally expecting 45 with Pro Guitar in this pack. Fly From the Inside would have nice too, oh well. Don't really like any of these, Second Chance is decent but overplayed.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: