FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The TAG new music initiative
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't ASP run by the drummer of Fear Factory? Granted, I assume the fact that we haven't seen them at all means he doesn't have access to their stuff, which means it's probably under the control of the label, which means this might be the best way to get them in the game anyway. It would just be kind of odd if TAG ended up releasing Fear Factory songs when one of the band members already has his own authoring group.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also do just about anything to get some Norther songs on Rock Band. All of their songs would be hella fun to play and all their music is amazing. I found the band from a cover of Europe's "The Final Countdown" and it is by far the best cover of the song ever.

Here's a link, most of my friends who are pure "Metalheads" Don't like using the term but can't explain better have never even heard of this band. >__>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNvRMBqqvrs

Other songs of interest:

Released
Dead
Nothing Left
Victorious One
Just about any other song from this artist.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Dare to Be Stupid is locked in?

I don't think the word Love is good enough to explain how much I appreciate this and how I feel about you guys.

Ditto! Not the best choices for the other songs IMO, but CNR would be really fun on vocals, if nothing else.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here would be my most wanted track from each of these bands (at least one that would fit within the RBN's 10 minute limit)...

Death - Flesh and the Power It Holds would be my one pick, but I would buy anything that that came out. If I could get anything I wanted I'd get any one of these albums in their entirety:

Human (minus the cover of Kiss' God Of Thunder
Individual Thought Patterns
Symbolic (probably wouldn't happen since Roadrunner owns the rights to this album while Relapse owns the rights to the rest of the discography)
The Sound Of Perseverance (minus the cover of Judas Priest's Painkiller)
Opeth - The Funeral Portrait (Blackwater Park FTMFW)
Carcass - Heartwork
Annihilator - Alice In Hell
Animals As Leaders - CAFO (even though I am probably the only person here that prefers Weightless to the self-titled, maybe because Weightless was the first CD I bought with my own money)
Coroner - Masked Jackal
Cryptopsy - Anything from the album None So Vile would kick ass. However, anything from The Unspoken King would make me rage like the Hulk
Fear Factory - Anything from Demanufacture would work for me. I heard that album a week ago for the first time and I enjoyed the shit out of it.
Gorguts - Anything from the album Obscura (no doubt an influence on the band of the same name). I'm listening to it right now and I would call the sound I am hearing by a new term coined by me: Advant-Garde Technical Death Metal.
Kreator - When The Sun Burns Red or Mental Slavery
Necrophagist - Advanced Corpse Tumor
Obscura - Anything from Omnivium would be awesome.

megallica  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalhead911 wrote:
Here would be my most wanted track from each of these bands (at least one that would fit within the RBN's 10 minute limit)...
Carcass - Heartwork

i love that album, and have listened to the entire thing non-stop many times

i assumed it would never make it to rock band, but it would be awesome if it ever did

even though i don't think full albums typically add bonus tracks, i would definitely want the bonus track for this one ("This Is Your Life"), since it's just as good as the main tracks on the album (and "Rot N' Roll" from the Heartwork EP is surprisingly cool too)

despite not having Pro Guitar/Bass upgrades possible through RBN, i would still support adding this album if there's a chance it could make it to Rock Band, since it's one of my favorite metal albums (possibly my favorite death metal album ever)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
@metalhead

noble wrote:
$1000 - You get to pick which artist/song we go after in the next round of licensing.

Knock yourself out

Really though, a lot of these bands aren't really good fits for this project. Opeth might be, although they had HMX DLC so it would depend on if the label can settle for RBN. Animals as Leaders could happen, but they're on a smaller label that might be more accepting of RBN without needing upfront licensing fees. A lot of the other bands you've mentioned quite honestly aren't popular enough to get the sort of support that the kickstarter idea needs. If licensing a song by Gorguts would be expensive, then it probably just isn't going to happen.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
Houkago Tea Time

Yes.

inv4der wrote:
Also Neutral Milk Hotel but I dunno what the band would say to that.

Not only would Jeff want no part of this, but there would only be a few songs that would be enjoyable to play.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
I'd do my absolute best to get money behind this if you think Houkago Tea Time would be possible. (Assuming money would help solve the language barrier problem a little. I don't see Bandai and KyoAni saying no to money. >__>)

Also Neutral Milk Hotel but I dunno what the band would say to that.

Yesyesyesyesyes, this. Dear god, a million times this.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get Phish?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrillex please.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, if you guys need some money kicked in to get Unexpect on board finally I could get behind that. <,< >,>
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yakityyakblah wrote:
You know, if you guys need some money kicked in to get Unexpect on board finally I could get behind that. <,< >,>

I would too, although I don't know if we could get quite enough support for that for them to really warrant a kickstart rather than the normal path. But if TAG confirms that they bailed because they or their label decided it wasn't worth the money to format the stems or whatever, I'd totally help out with that.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, do they need a kidney? Cause I got two, I don't need both.
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would legitimately give you guys lots of money if you could get either Streetlight Manifesto or That Handsome Devil on RBN.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
I would legitimately give you guys lots of money if you could get either Streetlight Manifesto or That Handsome Devil on RBN.

I wholeheartedly support Streetlight Manifesto in any way, shape, or form. I will do horrible things to be able to play songs by them in Rock Band.

Also fun. for the vocals, Motion City Soundtrack for the awesomes, and all kinds of stuff that people have already talked about in various DLC threads.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: