FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The TAG new music initiative
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerM3tal  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be getting contracts with labels or just specific artists?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powerm3tal
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerM3tal wrote:
Will you be getting contracts with labels or just specific artists?

All of this would be dealing with the labels. They're the ones that want money upfront. However the specific intent here is to get some particular artists from the label, not "get the label to put all of their artists on RBN". Every label small enough to do that could already if they wanted to, but this is aimed at reaching the bigger labels (but low/mid bands on those labels)
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gawd, please get Weird Al originals into the game! You can just take my wallet if you manage this! Damnit, I wish they'd raise the 10 minute song limit a little bit so we could have Albuquerque! On that note, we can still fit Your Horoscope For Today, Genius In France (this so needs to be in) and Hardware Store with the best vocal harmonies outside of Queen!

I'd also like to suggest Symphony X as a "medium" popularity band with enough of a niche to support it on RBN. Choice tracks for them would be Smoke and Mirrors, Church of the Machine, Out of the Ashes. I also really like their more melodic, progressive compositions like The Accolade (and it's followup Accolade II), and Paradise Lost on their recent album of the same name. These are all under 10 minutes. Unfortunately, what I feel is one of their best such tracks in Through The Looking Glass is 13 minutes.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
I'd also like to suggest Symphony X as a "medium" popularity band with enough of a niche to support it on RBN.

I'm surprised they haven't had anything released on the network yet. I would definitely classify Symphony X in the "I would pay so much money to have their songs on Rockband" group, along with Theory of a Deadman. Any possible chance of getting them on Rockband? I know they're more known and probably would have a chance of being considered by HMX.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:

I'd also like to suggest Symphony X as a "medium" popularity band with enough of a niche to support it on RBN. Choice tracks for them would be Smoke and Mirrors, Church of the Machine, Out of the Ashes. I also really like their more melodic, progressive compositions like The Accolade (and it's followup Accolade II), and Paradise Lost on their recent album of the same name. These are all under 10 minutes. Unfortunately, what I feel is one of their best such tracks in Through The Looking Glass is 13 minutes.

Pretty much any song from Paradise Lost would be great, but please, for the love of Michael Romeo and Russell Allen, please give me The Walls of Babylon. Hell, just about any Symphony X would kick ass.
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Pretty much any song from Paradise Lost would be great, but please, for the love of Michael Romeo and Russell Allen, please give me The Walls of Babylon. Hell, just about any Symphony X would kick ass.

Yeah, Paradise Lost really has some of their best straight up metal stuff I think. I'm disappointed at the reduction of the more melodic compositions from earlier albums, but the metal stuff is pretty gold on that album. The Walls of Babylon is kick ass, as is Set the World on Fire, Domination and Serpent's Kiss. I share the bafflement that they haven't somehow made it on to the RBN already.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:

Yeah, Paradise Lost really has some of their best straight up metal stuff I think. I'm disappointed at the reduction of the more melodic compositions from earlier albums, but the metal stuff is pretty gold on that album. The Walls of Babylon is kick ass, as is Set the World on Fire, Domination and Serpent's Kiss. I share the bafflement that they haven't somehow made it on to the RBN already.

Century Media said they had Symphony X coming in some interview with RBA a long, long time ago, but like I said in response to iwrestledabearonce, they seem done with RBN (at least the old way).

noble  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want Weird Al in Rock Band?

Go vote for your favorite of four tracks you'd like to see in the game!
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228492
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Thunder Buckets PSN Name: thunderbuckets
diablocon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dare to Be Stupid is locked in?

I don't think the word Love is good enough to explain how much I appreciate this and how I feel about you guys.
bclare  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diablocon wrote:
Dare to Be Stupid is locked in?

I don't think the word Love is good enough to explain how much I appreciate this and how I feel about you guys.

Well, it's locked in as a song to be kickstarted. Still gotta raise the money in order to get it in the game.

@metalhead

noble wrote:
$1000 - You get to pick which artist/song we go after in the next round of licensing.

Knock yourself out

Last edited by bclare on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bclare PSN Name: bclare1729
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that big of a fan of the bands on the current list (except for Scorpions). Here are some stuff I would like to see on the next list....

Death
Opeth
Carcass
Annihilator
Animals As Leaders
Coroner
Cryptopsy
Fear Factory
Gorguts
Kreator
Necrophagist
Obscura

BeachBum187  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metalhead911 wrote:
I'm not that big of a fan of the bands on the current list (except for Scorpions). Here are some stuff I would like to see on the next list....

Death
Opeth
Carcass
Annihilator
Animals As Leaders
Coroner
Cryptopsy
Fear Factory
Gorguts
Kreator
Necrophagist
Obscura

I wish I knew more than 2 of the bands on this list. Wanna guess the ones they are?

yup, Opeth and Fear Factory.

I might just have to do some youtube searches at work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
Metalhead911 wrote:

Death
Opeth
Carcass
Annihilator
Animals As Leaders
Coroner
Cryptopsy
Fear Factory
Gorguts
Kreator
Necrophagist
Obscura

I wish I knew more than 2 of the bands on this list. Wanna guess the ones they are?

yup, Opeth and Fear Factory.

I might just have to do some youtube searches at work.

Death is probably my most wanted band for RB at the moment. I've been on a huge Death kick, so maybe that's why.

Then again, with a band that has had songs that would be perfect for Guitar, Bass, and Drums, it isn't hard to see why they'd be the wet dream of RB players everywhere, at least of those that can handle the insanity of those parts.

sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
Fear Factory

Much emphasis on this.....as long as its not live tracks, Burton has probably the worst live voice ever!!

Still I would very very much love to be playing some Fear Factory, my most 2nd most requested band after Pink Floyd (thats not in RB)
Metalhead911  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
BeachBum187 wrote:
Fear Factory

Much emphasis on this.....as long as its not live tracks, Burton has probably the worst live voice ever!!

Still I would very very much love to be playing some Fear Factory, my most 2nd most requested band after Pink Floyd (thats not in RB)

I had just started listening to Fear Factory last week when I saw their album Demanufacture in my local record store. I picked it up because I remembered hearing such high praise bestowed upon it and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.

Same way I got introduced to Death, Opeth, Carcass, and a ton of other bands on that list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion -> Rock Band Network All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: