FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Need help from Very Good Expert Players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xFNDx  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Need help from Very Good Expert Players. Reply with quote

Hey, i've been playing music games, since GH.

Through the years i've been progressing a lot, I have close to maybe 800 guitar fcs.

I've been able to GS stuff like Afterlife (I can't fc it, or hit 100 the Solo D), i've golded starred most top tiers songs, have a FC on Panic Attack and some other stuff.

The problem lately has been, that it looks like I've stopped evolving, things that are extremely hard, continue to be extremely hard. And other stuff just feels the same. Obviously I slowly start to master harder solos, or they start to look easier, but some patterns, some tapping, some very fast fretting, just seem like a very, very, very long shot for me.

Has anyone else had that feeling, any good ideas?
kingyami3  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my personal solution was to shift from solely guitar to all of the other instruments including bass. They take a while to get used to but you find that you're having way more fun playing charts you didn't even know you had and developing skills you didn't think that you. Another thing that I've noticed is that going to the other instruments and then coming back to guitar, you will be rusty as first, but you might find that you're randomly better at it soon after.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kingyami3SH
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingyami3 wrote:
Yes, my personal solution was to shift from solely guitar to all of the other instruments including bass. They take a while to get used to but you find that you're having way more fun playing charts you didn't even know you had and developing skills you didn't think that you. Another thing that I've noticed is that going to the other instruments and then coming back to guitar, you will be rusty as first, but you might find that you're randomly better at it soon after.

I agree with this..The other thing to do is just keep on practicing sections of songs until you FC all of them and then go for the FC of the whole song. But, I have did exactly what kingyami3 has just explained, and it does help, as he said you will find that you can actually get better after switching to different instruments..
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingyami3 wrote:

I'm not even as good as the OP, so I can't really offer good advice here, but on this note, I found that playing drums dramatically improved my strumming ability with guitar. Before, I was absolutely terrible at alt-strumming. I could pretty much never hold a combo on anything requiring very fast strumming or any fret changes on upstrums. I switched to playing mostly drums for a while. Lately, I've been playing guitar more again, and I've found I'm much better at pretty much all aspects of strumming - I can keep rhythm better for really fast strumming, I have more control for fast strumming that comes in bursts, and I have more arm independence so I can handle unintuitive fret changes while alt-strumming better.
RainbowDashx  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I noticed whenever I hit "The wall" if I stopped playing for a week or two then came back I could see a difference, yes rusty at first but once I was back into it I was better than before.

Try not to over do it as well. Playing all day everyday in a hopes to get better isnt always the best idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically echoing what everyone above has said, take a couple week break from guitar and either play other instruments, or play a different game. I always find if I hit a wall on what I can do, taking a break means I come back refreshed and better in the process. I think I actually hit that phase around the same FC count as you on guitar, and just played some different games for a week or two then came back fresh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: