FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/13 DLC: Three Days Grace Three Pack!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProffessorJoe  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad134 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:
It'll never sell a unit. Just like Nickelback didn't sell, just like Puddle of Mudd didn't sell, just like Linkin Park didn't sell.

Exactly. Very often, people confuse "shouldn't" with "won't". This pack SHOULDN'T sell well as it is crap (or at least, that seems to be the overriding opinion here on ScoreHero from what has been posted so far). However it WILL sell well as it is popular.

Goddamnit humanity.

Just as often people on scorehero really think we make up even the slightest majority of the mass RB playing population, even though we don't. Not even close. So yes, it will sell well, and yes it should sell well, as its far from crap.

Personally, quite like these songs myself
Go there for videos of Over Rated R Us featuring the amazing RJUCPU!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PR0FFESS0RJ0E
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
sukergod wrote:
Ahhh, I used to like 3DG, but they really turned awful after their 1st album. I will pick up "I hate everything about you" since it's from when they were good but the other 2 songs arent the greatest (espically "the good life")

I don't expect this to sell well at all.

Two well-known songs and a recent single from a commercially successful band?

It'll never sell a unit. Just like Nickelback didn't sell, just like Puddle of Mudd didn't sell, just like Linkin Park didn't sell.
Puddle of Mudd I was surprised sold so well, but I didn't know they were particularly successful comercially (unlike the other two, which I knew even if I didn't know many of their songs). I think the PoM songs had playability on their side (most were fun on guitar and drums, which will sell a lot for the chart folks).

I don't expect this to break records, but it's new and apparently somewhat popular, so it should move well enough.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Ad134 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

Exactly. Very often, people confuse "shouldn't" with "won't". This pack SHOULDN'T sell well as it is crap (or at least, that seems to be the overriding opinion here on ScoreHero from what has been posted so far). However it WILL sell well as it is popular.

Goddamnit humanity.

Just as often people on scorehero really think we make up even the slightest majority of the mass RB playing population, even though we don't. Not even close. So yes, it will sell well, and yes it should sell well, as its far from crap.

I loved the Nickleback weeks:

"I hate Nickleback. I'm going to buy the entire pack because, um, someone else I know likes them, but these were their only tolerable songs!"

LP was the same way.

There's nothing wrong with liking any kind of music. There's only wrong in insisting others are wrong for liking what they like.

espher  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, uh, kind of like these songs.

I think "I Hate Everything About You" is the weak link for me.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EspherM ICQ Number
DragoonXD  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Take Me Under, Burn, or Drown. Or Scared.

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll just say this isn't a week for me. Oh well, more money for the wallet.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProffessorJoe wrote:
Ad134 wrote:
machetemonkey wrote:

Goddamnit humanity.

Ha, you guys are cracked. I said I dont think they will sell. i never said anything about how i hope they won't sell cause the band sucks. I bought puddle of mudd, nickelback, lady gaga, and lp and i personally know a nice few people that will buy the pack that are not on SH. Oh but I forgot, can't have a personal prediction around here, cause that means I hate them if I don't predict well or love them if I do. Jesus, I need to find better things to do...
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
There's nothing wrong with liking any kind of music. There's only wrong in insisting others are wrong for liking what they like.

Yup, that's about right. I mean, do I enjoy Puddle of Mudd's "Blurry"? On some level, yes. Do I think it embodies some sort of stellar auditory experience, ripe with original musicality? No, not especially. Was it in heavy radio play during an inflection point in my life, where every time I listen to it I revisit those life experiences and revisit the life choices I made? More or less. Did I buy the song as Rock Band DLC? In a heartbeat, certainly.

Everyone has their arbitrary reasons for liking (or disliking) various songs that come down the DLC pipeline. "Well, just because this song is popular / accessible / well-known, I will dislike it out of spite!" seems like one of the least productive stances one could take.

sukergod wrote:
I said I dont think they will sell. i never said anything about how i hope they won't sell cause the band sucks.

In fairness, with the comment about how you felt the band fell off the table after their first album, this is a pretty easy inference to make. I'm aware now that that's not the gist you were gunning for in your post... but I am absolutely unsurprised that this is how your post was interpreted.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:

sukergod wrote:
I said I dont think they will sell. i never said anything about how i hope they won't sell cause the band sucks.

In fairness, with the comment about how you felt the band fell off the table after their first album, this is a pretty easy inference to make. I'm aware now that that's not the gist you were gunning for in your post... but I am absolutely unsurprised that this is how your post was interpreted.

Also, to be fair, I never made any inference that you (Sukergod) didn't like the songs. I was just a little bit baffled by your prediction that these won't sell. I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion, when historically, bands like this have always sold well.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machetemonkey wrote:
youhas wrote:

sukergod wrote:

Also, to be fair, I never made any inference that you (Sukergod) didn't like the songs. I was just a little bit baffled by your prediction that these won't sell. I'm not entirely sure how you came to that conclusion, when historically, bands like this have always sold well.

Yeah you are both right, Im a social studies and math teacher, I was always dead last when it came to english. I can see how it came to that. I don't really have any basis for it I just don't put them in the same mass appeal as some of the others. Tell you the truth i didn't even know they were popular south of the border. I thought they were mostly a Canadian type band ala sloan, our lady peace and the trews.

sorry for that
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sukergod"][quote="machetemonkey"][quote="youhas"]

sukergod wrote:

Yeah you are both right, Im a social studies and math teacher, I was always dead last when it came to english. I can see how it came to that. I don't really have any basis for it I just don't put them in the same mass appeal as some of the others. Tell you the truth i didn't even know they were popular south of the border. I thought they were mostly a Canadian type band ala sloan, our lady peace and the trews.

sorry for that

No worries! But yeah, Three Days Grace was popular (is? I don't know how popular they still are) back when I was in middle/high school.
Bront  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
Everyone has their arbitrary reasons for liking (or disliking) various songs that come down the DLC pipeline. "Well, just because this song is popular / accessible / well-known, I will dislike it out of spite!" seems like one of the least productive stances one could take.
I swear, sometimes folks act like a band killed their dog or something.

Nubnut  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
youhas wrote:
I swear, sometimes folks act like a band killed their dog or something.

Fun fact, the lead singer of the Fray actually did hit my friend's dog with his car, the dog lived though. So I don't have any problem with him.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan so that means I get to keep my money. =P I do hear this band on the radio all the time. It's not terrible by any means, I just wouldn't play their stuff in Rock Band.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm in the minority saying I love Three Days Grace? Whatever, I'll buy it once I get back into rock band someday. Haven't touched rock band since August.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: