FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
"File extractor" that pulls a lot of stuff off RB.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
truK  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: "File extractor" that pulls a lot of stuff off RB. Reply with quote

Ok guys, Ive been working on getting the audio uot of RB for DAYS now.......Google is FULL OF SHIT TO WADE THRU.....I found a "file scanner/extractor" that works and grab TONS of different types files from the arks, mids being one of them. And the mids work great in db, anvil, whatever ...no corruption. it also has a list of AUDIO formats......VOC, MP3, WAV, RIFF, OGG, and a bunch of others, but sadly no VGS support.......It even scans for video........You can get all the "band Background" vids........this program also comes with config .ini files, plugins folder,.fmt files, and a load of other stuff to "tweak" it. Ive tried to make it scan for VGS files (I hexxed audio.fmt file)......No luck yet and Ive run out of patience. Could some one tell me if its possible to add VGS to the list of files this tool scans for? I will add a link to the site where I DL'ed it from as soon as I find it again. Or if a mod says I can, I will Savefile it......I think Its shareware/freeware but Im not sure.....Im Off to find a link. And before some says it, I tried to contact the creators of said program but I dont speak/type Russian. *EDIT* LINK!! http://www.volny.cz/nova-software/files/extr25.zip
Nirvana Fukking RULEZ! The problem is that they put all of the band's "pointless" songs on the radio, played them to DEATH and forever tarnished the reputation of a Profound poet, who saw meaning in the things that we ignore or take for granted......

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks A LOT for this. BTW what format is RB PS2 background videos... I heard there not .PSS. Also can you make a tut with pics on exactly what to do. I'm having trouble.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
truK  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW TO USE

*create a folder some where named EXTRACTED FILES*

First dl and install the program. Run the program and if its in Russian, above the main window click on the TAB FURTHEST TO THE LEFT THAT HAS A LITTLE PAD AND PEN ICON ON IT AND CHANGE THE LANGUAGE TO ENGLISH...That was the most confusing part for me. Now that you can read it ...click on the GROUPFILES TAB and make sure they are all checked. Next to the FILES TO SCAN box click SELECT and find the ARK you wish to scan. create a folder some where THEN click on the SELECT button next to SAVE EXTRACTED FILES TO, and find your foleder I told you to create.
Now click FORMATS TAB, these are the file types you will be extracting. Experiment with different file types on the FORMATS tab.......but the more file types you have selected on a single scan the longer it will take to complete the scan. You can extract MIDs, MPGs (movies), All kinds of stuff just play around with it. To save a file, on the results screen ( the one that shows the scan results) just check the box next to the file you want to save and hit the EXTRACT button. Any questions, just post them on this topic.

SOMEONE PLEASE TRY TO MAKE THIS TOOL EXTRACT THE VGS FILES
Nirvana Fukking RULEZ! The problem is that they put all of the band's "pointless" songs on the radio, played them to DEATH and forever tarnished the reputation of a Profound poet, who saw meaning in the things that we ignore or take for granted......

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
Desertman123  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU! I found this http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTIjc94Mo4w it extracts vag but not vgs.
Xbox 360, Halo edition Jasper RGH1.2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Desertman123
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem on RB customization is not extracting the files (with a little of knowledgement, you can obtain the HDR file (containing all file offsets & sizes) from the memory and extract the contents of the ARKs). The main problem is that the vgs files (interleaved in the PSS videos) are encrypted (or maybe compressed, but looks like encryption).

Injection will be possible if we can decode/encode the VgS files again, but we can't. PCSX2 debugger will be probably the easiest way (but not by any means easy)...

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Ihatecompvir  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman123 wrote:
THANK YOU! I found this http://youtube.com/watch?v=FTIjc94Mo4w it extracts vag but not vgs.

It extracts VAG.
I remember hearing something about VGS's being VAG files with a header.
truK  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desertman: I also found Psound but I didnt have any luck with any of the files that it gave me, they were all static......

GameZelda: Im gonna leave all that High tech complicated stuff to you pros (Gods). I thought Id post up the tool I found cuz It extracts the MIDs and other files pretty quick and it names them for you. And I hoped that someone could somehow add VGS to the list of files it scans for.......try it out, It could be used to get RockBand songs onto GH2 at the very least. I do believe it has a "log" so some helpful info might be in there as well. I dunno, its at least something to play around with.

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
BadAstronaut  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also extract files from the downloaded DLC on XBOX360. At least, it worked for the 3 songs from Original Xbox Magazine, which are the only add-on content I have access to. All three tracks were contained in one file.
truK  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadAstronaut wrote:
You can also extract files from the downloaded DLC on XBOX360. At least, it worked for the 3 songs from Original Xbox Magazine, which are the only add-on content I have access to. All three tracks were contained in one file.

GREAT FIND......Did it extract the OGGs as well? it does have the ability to scan for OGGs and if it extracts them it should be able to play them.
SOMEONE PLEASE TEST THIS ON THE AUDIO!!

CLICK THE DAMN BANNER!!!
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you need to extract files from DLC use this
its called wxPirs and its specially made for 360 DLC
[x] come up with a realistic goal
[x] Beat Guitar Hero III before the official release on Sunday october 28th
baylxr  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay this is probably a really stupid question but... how do you get the ARK from the disc?

Check out the Scorehero wiki.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baylxr wrote:
okay this is probably a really stupid question but... how do you get the ARK from the disc?

with the PS2 you just put the disc in your PC Dvd drive, then you open the CD from "my computer" by right clicking the Drive its in and selecting explore.

with 360 you have to use a program called wxRipper (just google it)
from there just about every site that has it will tell you how to use it.
baylxr  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool--ethan wrote:
baylxr wrote:

with the PS2 you just put the disc in your PC Dvd drive, then you open the CD from "my computer" by right clicking the Drive its in and selecting explore.

thanks!

EDIT: so i downloaded it (wxRipper) and am trying to get it to work. Is there any other way to do it without taking your drive apart?

Check out the Scorehero wiki.
cool--ethan  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baylxr wrote:
cool--ethan wrote:
baylxr wrote:

thanks!

EDIT: so i downloaded it (wxRipper) and am trying to get it to work. Is there any other way to do it without taking your drive apart?

you could try to use the Pinhole to eject the drive, but i couldn't get it to work until i took my drive apart. it isn't that hard, just find an old drive and don't pull to hard.
my comp is open 24 hrs. a day with the drive sitting at the top completely disassembled. been like that since probably November of last year and everything's fine.
metalrocks2340  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you be able to extract the content from Rock Band if it's for the PS3? I've only tried with a PS2 disc before, so just wondering if it will work with PS3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: