FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Community Vocal Score Dueling...Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Community Vocal Score Dueling...Again Reply with quote

I was waiting to hear back from singemfrc regarding reposting this sort of thing here but I've waited some time and heard nothing so I'm just gonna post this here. We created a facebook event for it if you're interested in it there. Last time during the duels we used the event wall as almost an instant message room to communicate with others. http://www.facebook.com/events/166655466784647/
Saturday, March 24th at 2PM
Here's the details though:
Since score dueling was such a success, we've decided to do it again in about a month from now. That gives you and us time to get the word out to make this gathering just as big or even bigger! Note that the time given on the event is for EASTERN STANDARD TIME ZONE.

For those that missed out last time, we went on to score duel for OVER 6 HOURS and were able to get a nonstop flow of matches the whole time. I was completely amazed and blown away because the last time I tried to organize something on RB2 it fell to pieces. So thank you to everyone, even MONK who unknowingly in his attempts to troll us helped us out by staggering the matches to cause a more random distribution of matches.

This time, we'll just go straight into ranked matches the whole time because no one seemed to mind doing the ranked ones and in fact many more people enjoyed the random nature of it. This event is open to anyone of any skill level on vocals.

Tamara and I have talked about going to RB1 for some score dueling on there to have even more fun with those broken talkies. Please let us know on the wall if you'd be interested in doing this for the NEXT score duel session (probably in April).
Hope to see you all there!

Last edited by LucasPWNS8907 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
AmusedGryphon  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can count me in for this session. May I make a suggestion? For people in Britain/Europe, starting at 8PM (GMT) does mean that you can't get much dueling done before people start complaining about noise. So basically, could you bring it forward an hour or 2 (1/2PM EST).
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmusedGryphon wrote:
You can count me in for this session. May I make a suggestion? For people in Britain/Europe, starting at 8PM (GMT) does mean that you can't get much dueling done before people start complaining about noise. So basically, could you bring it forward an hour or 2 (1/2PM EST).

This was my only issue with it last time.
That an the fact I was utterly shitfaced when I turned the xbox on.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:

That an the fact I was utterly shitfaced when I turned the xbox on.

How is this a problem? It adds to the fun IMO.

And James, I'll talk to the others about bumping it forward an hour.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LucasPWNS8907 PSN Name: TheyCallMeLucas
thewinnerisgeeg  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!

im a girl now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: geegSH
AmusedGryphon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
And James, I'll talk to the others about bumping it forward an hour.

Thanks
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned by James, we discussed bumping the time up an hour and have decided to do so. The dueling now begins at 2pm Eastern. Thanks

AmusedGryphon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucasPWNS8907 wrote:
As mentioned by James, we discussed bumping the time up an hour and have decided to do so. The dueling now begins at 2pm Eastern. Thanks

Thanks Matt
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in again.
Perhaps we can include the other instruments into the event?

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
LucasPWNS8907  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PuppetMaster9 wrote:
Count me in again.
Perhaps we can include the other instruments into the event?

Ahh sorry I forgot to check back here until now. The more instruments we add, the less likely it is to find matches unless we designate certain hours for certain instruments. I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think a lot of these mainly vocalist people would like to play on other instruments. I'll definitely talk with others about it for the future but not for today.

Carltheshredder  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today's the day! cant wait

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again to everyone who came. I know we all had a blast just like last time. This time the dueling started at 2pm Eastern and is STILL GOING ON as of 1am Eastern. It's incredible to me how much interest this has gathered and I'm really appreciative that all of you are willing to come spend a little (or a lot) of your time playing with us. Truly, the more the merrier for this sort of thing.
Anyway, I would like to let you know tentatively the next date for score dueling will be Saturday, April 21st at 2pm Eastern. There will be many more things to plan and announce though so be on the lookout for more information soon. Please note that this is a tentative date and could change.

Cursebreaker547  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for the next one!

Expert Multi-Instrumentalist on Xbox 360
My YouTube Channel | My Accomplishments Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: