FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
3/6 DLC: Singles from Good Charlotte, Everclear, & Mastodon!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curl of the Burl is very...atypical for a Mastodon song. I quite like it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MAYBE I'll get Curl of the Burl, if the chart's good. The Hunter is my least favorite Mastodon album.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Curl Of The Burl. It's a bit of a divergence from the rest of the album, though I suppose you could say that the entire album is a divergence from the rest of their catalogue. Either way, should be fun on drums. Never heard Everclear, and I've heard bad things about Good Charlotte but I'll give them a try.

A mediocre week if there ever was one. One good, one unknown, one meh. Hopefully we'll get something else off Leviathan soon... dat Iron Tusk.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santa monica is a great pro guitar pick, nice and simple while still being fun

DarthFizz  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be picking up Curl of The Burl for sure.

My Accomplishments (Contains My Wiki, Days to Remember, and other major accomplishments!)
HerbieHero wrote:
If only there were a like button for ScoreHero posts...
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Darth Fizz
Bront  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
I've heard bad things about Good Charlotte but I'll give them a try.
Good Charlotte gets a bad rap being pop-punk (I'll admit I may not be using the genre right, but they were popular and punk), so the punk audience was unhappy with them, and thus they get a lot of hate. Much like Nickleback, who everyone likes to hate because they're popular.

Songs: Just over 1000.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Nickelback because every song I've ever heard by them is either generic, boring, or both. I haven't heard anything from Good Charlotte so I don't have an opinion on them.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
FUGGNUTZ  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is all.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: FUGGNUTZ PSN Name: FUGGNUTZ
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bront wrote:
TRiiG3RS wrote:
Good Charlotte gets a bad rap being pop-punk (I'll admit I may not be using the genre right, but they were popular and punk), so the punk audience was unhappy with them, and thus they get a lot of hate. Much like Nickleback, who everyone likes to hate because they're popular.

Nah, I hate pop-punk for the same reason I dislike most Djent (what with most Djent bands not so much taking influence from Meshuggah, but directly lifting sections of Nothing and Catch 33); along came Green Day and Blink 182 in the early 90's with some interesting ideas for punk. While I personally don't like them I have to admit those had some damn good hooks and catches in them. But then you had 100's of bands that followed that did nothing but copy and paste their songs and called it their own, and somehow they got international success, that's just baffling to me as a musician.

As for Nickelback? I don't dislike them because they're popular I dislike them because they just write the same tired cliches over and over and over again.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Bront  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Bront wrote:
TRiiG3RS wrote:

Nah, I hate pop-punk for the same reason I dislike most Djent (what with most Djent bands not so much taking influence from Meshuggah, but directly lifting sections of Nothing and Catch 33); along came Green Day and Blink 182 in the early 90's with some interesting ideas for punk. While I personally don't like them I have to admit those had some damn good hooks and catches in them. But then you had 100's of bands that followed that did nothing but copy and paste their songs and called it their own, and somehow they got international success, that's just baffling to me as a musician.

As for Nickelback? I don't dislike them because they're popular I dislike them because they just write the same tired cliches over and over and over again.
I was admittedly using generalities. But yes, Good Charlotte was during the wave of pop-punk explosion.

Songs: Just over 1000.
Quazifuji  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curl of the Burl is incredibly fun of drums. It's probably the easiest Mastodon song we've had so far, but it's still got lots of tricky fills, and it keeps all your limbs moving constantly.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
and I've heard bad things about Good Charlotte but I'll give them a try.

They're like Blink 182 really. Except better. *THIS IS AN OPINION...I DON'T LIKE BLINK 182*
Seriously Good Charlotte is the reason I've gone on such a punk spree recently. I wouldn't call them bad.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL4RE wrote:
TRiiG3RS wrote:

They're like Blink 182 really. Except better. *THIS IS AN OPINION...I DON'T LIKE BLINK 182*
Seriously Good Charlotte is the reason I've gone on such a punk spree recently. I wouldn't call them bad.

>Good Charlotte
>Punk

I think I just died a little inside.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe the term Pop Punk was invented to define Good Charlotte and similar bands. Doesn't mean they're awful though, I just really don't like The Anthem. On the other hand, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous is good for Pop Punk.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: FUGGNUTZ PSN Name: FUGGNUTZ
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarsupialRex wrote:
FL4RE wrote:
TRiiG3RS wrote:

>Good Charlotte
>Punk

I think I just died a little inside.

I know Good Charlotte are pop punk. What I meant is listening to them prompted me to go back into listening to a lot of punk & punk subgenre music.

Don't be such a bloody musical elitist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: