FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RB3 Goals/Fans Rivalry: 5/26, PinkiePie moves up!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malkieriking  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: RB3 Goals/Fans Rivalry: 5/26, PinkiePie moves up! Reply with quote

INTRODUCTION wrote:
I was reading the Misc. RB Game Discussion forum today, and I came across a thread detailing an announcement from Harmonix to come at PAX East in April. There was some speculation about that mysterious announcement being Rock Band 4, and while I doubt that is the case, it got me thinking;

I really want to finish playing Rock Band 3 before they announce Rock Band 4.

"Finish" is obviously a relative term; I will never be finished with any of these games, but I do want to reach completionist and hit one billion fans in the game. After that, I am content to move on with my rhythm career to FC's and various game accomplishments like always. This time, I feel like it needs to be done. When I say done, I mean done. I don't want Rock Band 4 to come around and I am playing catch-up before the big release of that game, and I thought to myself, "A rivalry would be perfect for this". I am going to make an attempt at Completionist regardless of this rivalry, but it would be nice to do it along with other people to keep me motivated Mr. Green

So, are you up for a challenge?

RULES wrote:
The rules are simple:
  • All instruments/goals included
  • Total fan count and goal completion will be tracked here
  • Anyone can join (Even Hitoshura, but I don't see the point )
  • It's not a race, but friendly motivation to get these tasks done
  • Try to make some friends as you complete goals!
  • When joining, be sure to link us to your RockBand.com Profile Page, for easier tracking/updating

LEADERBOARD wrote:
FANS LEADERBOARD

1. malkieriking - 974,258432 fans
  2. RushJunkie3 - 783,631,872 fans
  3. lawrencein - 689,014,272 fans
  4. thewinnerisgeeg - 609,702,464 fans
  5. Graf - 598,571,008 fans
  6. MasterNobody - 575,612,320 fans
  7. PinkiePie91 - 540,130,720 fans
  8. xGaberadex - 390,551,456 fans
  9. emsegs - 367,592,768 fans
  10. JOIN NOW!

GOALS LEADERBOARD

1. malkieriking - (88.4%) - 688 out of 778 completed
  2. RushJunkie3 - (70.5%) - 549 out of 778 completed
  3. lawrencein - (62.3%) - 485 out of 778 completed
  4. thewinnerisgeeg - (56.6%) - 440 out of 778 completed
  5. Graf - (54.2%) - 422 out of 778 completed
  6. MasterNobody - (52.1%) - 406 out of 778 completed
  7. PinkiePie91 - (48.9%) - 381 out of 778 completed
  8. xGaberadex - (40.9%) - 318 out of 778 completed
  9. emsegs - (34.1%) - 266 out of 778 completed
  10. JOIN NOW!

ROSTER wrote:

Last edited by malkieriking on Sun May 26, 2013 4:15 am; edited 18 times in total
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in, good sir. We have a very similar fan count. Do you know if completionist is possible without Pro Guitar/Bass? I will probably get a Mustang at some point when I can find one cheap, but I'm curious if I'll even be able to approach one billion fans before then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MasterNobody wrote:
I'm in, good sir. We have a very similar fan count. Do you know if completionist is possible without Pro Guitar/Bass? I will probably get a Mustang at some point when I can find one cheap, but I'm curious if I'll even be able to approach one billion fans before then.

I've added you to the roster, and updated the leaderboards accordingly. Good luck! I achieved two more goals since I started the thread, finishing off the Bass goals, but you have a serious head start with all of those vocals and harmonies goals you've completed Mr. Green

I haven't done the math, but I am not sure if it is possible without a Pro Guitar. It might be possible without Pro Drums...but with 778 possible goals, and ~704 being required for 1,000,000,000 fans, I don't think it is possible. However, this thread might be of some assistance, as well as this:
Hitoshura wrote:
Congrats, Hammer! It's interesting to note that, while you are Rock Legends, you get ~1.3 million fans (can't remember the exact number) for each goal completed, and twice that for uber goals. After you hit 1 billion (and are Completionists) you get 11,627,907 fans per goal, which is exactly (to the nearest integer) 1/86 of 1 billion. So, you would need to complete 86 goals after hitting a billion (actually, probably less, because there are still likely some uber goals to get) to reach 2 billion. When I hit a billion, I counted my remaining goals and had something like 72 remaining. So maybe if EVERYTHING (on-disc + DLC) is completed, you'll reach 2 billion fans?

Also:
S100Headache wrote:
Hitoshura wrote:
orimarc wrote:
Time to do the math then:

You've completed 707 goals out of 778. Without a PRO Guitar, you can't do PRO Guitar/Bass goals, which leave you with 674 goals avalible. You say you needed 706 goals to reach one billion.

Don't forget about the "half" goals and "double" goals. Not sure which ones they are, but that would affect the count somewhat. Not all goals are created equal, fan-wise.

I clearly remember that the "5* the disc on Expert", "Expert Hall of Fame", and "Gold Stars" (maybe 100% Expert too?) for each instrument, as well as "96.7 Percent?", were double goals, and all of the Pro Guitar introduction goals were half goals.

My goal list as of 1 billion fans, copied directly from the site:

Rock Band Mastery (63/79)
Road Challenges (40/40)
Guitar (77/81)
Pro Guitar (74/83)
Bass (64/64)
Pro Bass (50/56)
Drums (66/72)
Pro Drums (58/63)
Keys (54/54)
Pro Keys (46/62)
Vocals (63/70)
Vocal Harmony (49/54)

= 704 goals (now 705 but one goal refuses to update to the website). I probably did a few more double goals to make up for it.

So yeah... it doesn't look good. However, I did notice the Mustang on sale on Amazon for considerably less than it's release price. I think it was $99 or so.... I will try to dig that up

EDIT: $94.99 New on Amazon (Link), $79.00 used

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's cool? Even when you lose the file on your system, the site keeps your current goals, but updates the new ones you get! Therefore, although my save file is terribly short on goals, I can still just do goals I haven't yet! I need to enter this to urge myself to actually check my RB.com profile (and actively try for goals again).

tl; dr: I'm in. Here's the link to my profile.

Oh, and you can do like 3 Pro Guitar goals without a Pro Guitar if you go into the goals menu and watch the videos (I'm a trophy whore, so I did that before I got my Squire).

Also, I need to play some serious harmonies and bass.

zage1337, in my accomplishments thread wrote:
Ever since I started Blitz I played the silver ball
From Thrasher down to One Vision, I've must've played them all
but you aint seen nothing like him in any song at all
that malkieriking SURE PLAYS A MEAN PINBALL
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there goes my short-lived term in 1st place

Welcome, malkieriking! I have a lot of catching up to do

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you start vocals, you'll catch up a lot quicker than you think. Also notice I have all Keys goals and most Pro Keys, while you have about 15% of them.

Also, remember I don't have a working PS3 I can access regularly for RB purposes.

Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
Also notice I have all Keys goals and most Pro Keys, while you have about 15% of them.

That reminds me! I had a question: HOW DID YOU 5-STAR THE IMPOSSIBLE KEYS SONGS!? If I could do it on Keytar I could probably FC most of the songs in-game, and the 5-star Keys goals would come quickly, but it appears that I need to do them on the Keyboard, which means I am going to have a much harder time with songs like Antibodies and Roundabout, which I can barely pass on the Keyboard

Any tips?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 5*ed Roundabout, Llama, Antibodies, and China Grove on the guitar. For the goal to pop, you just need to KeyTar the song, then play any song on keys afterward. Roundabout was still a pain in the ass to 5* on KeyTar anyway.

Also, if you can struggle through Pro Keys and get most of the 3*s, you should be able to pick up a lot of goals that way.

xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you can count me in...I need motivation to do some of these goals too :P Here's my profile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malkieriking wrote:
I 5*ed Roundabout, Llama, Antibodies, and China Grove on the guitar. For the goal to pop, you just need to KeyTar the song, then play any song on keys afterward. Roundabout was still a pain in the ass to 5* on KeyTar anyway.

Also, if you can struggle through Pro Keys and get most of the 3*s, you should be able to pick up a lot of goals that way.

Thanks, that helped me a lot. Some of those songs were NOT happening on Standard Keys

With your help I managed to complete 5 new goals! Thanks!
xGaberadex wrote:
I guess you can count me in...I need motivation to do some of these goals too :P Here's my profile.

Nice! I added you to the roster and leaderboards. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been meaning to go for some more goals that I think may be doable without buying a load more dlc or a pro guitar so I might as well join.

My profile
Graf  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawrencein wrote:
I have been meaning to go for some more goals that I think may be doable without buying a load more dlc or a pro guitar so I might as well join.

My profile

I've added you to the original post and updated the leaderboards/roster accordingly. Welcome to the rivalry, and good luck!

Rivalry is still open for business, if any newcomers want to get in on this

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join up on this http://www.rockband.com/users/RushJunkie3/goals

Stays in my signature until another Rush album comes out as DLC.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LeddyGee2112 PSN Name: LeddyGee2112
emsegs  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll join. http://www.rockband.com/users/emsegs/goals
Could I quite possibly be the first PS3er to join?
Some limits for goals:
- I'm not very good at Pro Keys or Vocals, so don't expect much from those.
- The ION cymbals are very noisy, so I don't really like using them for pro.
- I only have one mic, so no harmonies for me.
- I don't have a pro guitar, so I can't do PG or PB goals.
On the topic of achieveing completionist without an instrument: It should be possible to do it without harmonies, pro keys, or pro drums. It could also be possible with as few as 675-690 goals if you do all of the double fan goals, and as many single-fan goals are needed to reach 1 billion, saving all the half-fan ones for after completionist.

Also something worth noting - Currently one of the drum goals and one other goal is not possible on PS3 due to various RBN songs not being on the PS3, therefore making the maximum attainable amount of goals 776/778.
Current amount of goals: 240/778
Current fans: 326,545,456
Graf  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emsegs and RushJunkie3, welcome to the rivalry! I have added you to the roster and updated the leaderboards accordingly, as well as double-checking and updating everyone else's fan/goal counts (if applicable).

I had a question that some of you may be capable of answering; exactly how many Harmony goals can I complete alone? I have two microphones, but I don't have anyone to sing with
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: