FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bandfuse: Rock Legends - Bizarro Bizarro World?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Looks like 2013 at this point

Also I think the song is "Rebel Yell"

It's a good song, but I want more, more, more. No apologies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE GH:WT NOW
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rock This Town" by The Stray Cats
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
DorkmasterFlek  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
DorkmasterFlek wrote:
I know tabs are laid out like that because of the whole musical staff thing, but personally I find it completely backwards to the way I intuitively think about how a guitar works.

Here's a tip that may help make them more intuitive. When you are holding your guitar in playing position, tilt the guitar towards you so that you are looking at the strings and the face of the guitar. Then, the low E string will be on the bottom.

Which is exactly what they tell you not to do when learning guitar. Everything I've read/heard says to avoid doing that because it makes you curl the wrist of your fretting hand back even further. It's uncomfortable and bad to play that way. My brother the guitar teacher scolded me for that.

It's not that I can't get used to a different notation. It just seems that Rocksmith's makes more intuitive sense and is easier to grasp, at least for me who has not grown up reading tabs.
Everybody likes Boston on some level. They're like a soul detector. Most people don't know this, but vampire hunters carry a Talkboy containing a snippet of More Than A Feeling. Anyone who doesn't smile when they hear it gets staked on the spot. It works flawlessly.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DorkmasterFlek wrote:
Which is exactly what they tell you not to do when learning guitar. Everything I've read/heard says to avoid doing that because it makes you curl the wrist of your fretting hand back even further. It's uncomfortable and bad to play that way. My brother the guitar teacher scolded me for that.

It's not that I can't get used to a different notation. It just seems that Rocksmith's makes more intuitive sense and is easier to grasp, at least for me who has not grown up reading tabs.

That's a good point; I just meant in terms of gaining an intuition for the notation. Once you figure it out and get used to it, you don't actually need to tilt the guitar towards you

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guitarist George Lynch Announced In @BandFuse: Rock Legends in Preparation For E3 2013! http://bit.ly/YQDE6w
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-it's out guys
I'm not the only one who bought it
r-right?

Game's actually pretty good. Note detection is literally flawless. Makes RS2014 look like... well... RS1, at best.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get to try it in a couple days. I'm looking forward to it, but them choking down on the DLC (not 45 at launch and then weekly releases), in addition to not allocating their product correctly (stocking extra unordered copies in specific chain stores instead of honoring pre-orders?) doesn't put them off to a good start.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching videos, it looked pretty decent, but the sidescrolling tabs weren't as easy to read as I think a lot of people assumed they would be. More immediately intuitive than Rocksmith, for sure, but I felt like my ability to comprehend them went down as the speed and complexity went up, whereas RS does a little better job at that. But of course, this is just watching videos. Maybe playing it is different.

Update:

Again, not having played it, but having watched more videos (of songs ranging from super easy to ridiculously hard), and I still just don't think the interface is as good as Rocksmith's. I know a lot of people don't like the RS interface. They think it's confusing and oddly laid out and would be way better if it were just tabs like they're used to. While I still agree that Rocksmith is probably the least naturally intuitive, and it definitely takes some getting used to, I still think it remains the best interface once you are used to it.

Bandfuse falls into the same problem that made me eventually side with Rocksmith's interface over the RB3PRO interface: It has no visual spacial relations. Whether it's BF or Protar, relying on reading numbers as they go by becomes way harder as speed and complexity increases. In BF I could read along with something like Move Along pretty easily, but let's take a much harder example, Hangar 18. in BF, I couldn't read a damn thing. Once it got to solos, the numbers became a mass blur and literally the only thing I could judge them on was which string they were on. Rocksmith has spacial relationships between notes (IE: A note three frets away from the last note will appear further away than a note that's one fret away), and this is a big help.

Obviously stuff this fast you'll need to take into practice and slow down before you'll ever know exactly what's going on, but in Rocksmith you can at least tell what part of the fretboard it's on, vaguely where the notes are related to each other, and maybe some basic scale shapes based on a sightread of the full chart. And if you've practiced the parts, these spacial identifiers might help spark your memory of parts. With Bandfuse (and again, RBPRO also), once the notes are coming fast enough that you can't take the time to read the fret numbers, you're basically screwed on figuring out even these basics, unless you go and practice them and commit them to memory to begin with.

Anyways, these are my basic perceptions of the in-game interfaces. Bandfuse still looks fairly quality. It's got a great tracklist, from what I hear from various sources the note detection is top-notch, and it's got some cool other features in it too. So don't take this as a wholesale dismissal of Bandfuse.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much been my first instinct since people started saying they should use tabs. Tabs don't translate to reflexive sight reading, your brain can't translate numbers as quickly as it can translate positional information. When it's static you can read ahead, but having it scroll on screen as it's being played doesn't leave you enough time.

is easier to twitch play than

Rocksmith's UI gives you both, and with the highway viewpoint a lot more lead up to it. There's a learning curve, but it's just a lot more information being communicated in a much more intuitive way once you get the hang of it.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relying too much on sight-reading makes it harder to memorize how actually play the song though. I've had plenty of time logged in RB3 so it didn't really take me any time to adjust to Bandfuse's notation, and the recommended fingering is pretty nice so you can keep your fretting hand ready to play notes you can't see yet.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
Relying too much on sight-reading makes it harder to memorize how actually play the song though. I've had plenty of time logged in RB3 so it didn't really take me any time to adjust to Bandfuse's notation, and the recommended fingering is pretty nice so you can keep your fretting hand ready to play notes you can't see yet.

I have plenty of time logged in RB3, so those skills transferred to Bandfuse just fine. But even after 2 years of playing RB3 pro, I still can't read massive note walls (like fast guitar solos), and Bandfuse is no different.

You have a point about relying too much on Sight-reading, but a huge part of these games involve sight-reading, so your ability to do so is important. And Rocksmith's new reactive master mode does a good job at helping ween you off sightreading parts you know well.
raynebc  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RS2's fade into master mode is a nice touch. I don't remember off the top of my head if you can pause in the new riff repeater and still see notes or not. I was practicing a tough bass fill in Bandfuse's lick lab and found I could press the A button to freeze the screen so I could practice slower than the minimum 60% speed. I suppose allowing you to practice a part slower than 60% is something RS2 does better, hopefully Bandfuse will improve that.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raynebc wrote:
RS2's fade into master mode is a nice touch. I don't remember off the top of my head if you can pause in the new riff repeater and still see notes or not. I was practicing a tough bass fill in Bandfuse's lick lab and found I could press the A button to freeze the screen so I could practice slower than the minimum 60% speed. I suppose allowing you to practice a part slower than 60% is something RS2 does better, hopefully Bandfuse will improve that.

If you pause riff repeater in RS14, you CAN see the upcoming notes. The pause screen is entirely off to the left, so all the upcoming notes are clearly visible. I've used it to visually work out tough licks before practicing them.

Also, despite my contentions, I want to make it clear that I have nothing against Bandfuse. Competition is healthy, and if the tab-style interface works better for some people, then by all means more power to them! I'm merely stating that RS14 has made a lot of improvements, and giving my reasoning for preferring it.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theriffrepeater.com/realta-jimi-hendrix-dlc-bandfuse/

welp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: